underdogs for A/AA

madrid5

This is the reason that the Tennessee soccer coaches association fought so hard to keep the 50% rule out of soccer. It wasn't so that the strong teams stayed strong, but for the developing teams to have the chance to form a local club. If the 50% rule had passed, those schools could never have those teams.

In my opinion, if this rule had been passed you would see the level of play among high school go down drastically. What was their reasoning for proposing the rule?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, if this rule had been passed you would see the level of play among high school go down drastically. What was their reasoning for proposing the rule?

I think it had to do more with AAU basketball (and perhaps volleyball). I believe the TSSAA didn't want high school teams practicing year round as the same squad. I think they thought it was an advantage that some schools had over another.

I agree that it would have brought the level of play down. I would like to hear what kind of effect it has had in those sports where it did pass. (Soccer is the only one that fought it and won).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good to hear McMinn Central being up this year. Spent 4 years of my life in the athens area in college. How does the County Rivalry look this year. I was always under the impression that the Cherokees dominated the match up.

mcminn has gotten the best of it here latley. but central is looking for an upset this year. central is still sorting out the defense trying to see which players are more fit for the position but mcminn vs central is centrals last regular season game of the year, so hopefully theyll have it sorted, but central still has a young but strong offense.

Central hasn't played anybody yet..just Walker Valley and Bradley Central. Beat WV 2-1 and BC 4-1..we'll see how good they are when they travel to Silverdale and CSAS right after spring break.

it should be closer then u think. they didnt even have all their starters in against wv. one of last years best of preps players was on the bench due to missing 4 practices. he scored 2 against bradley and had the 2 assists. and yet again central is a very young team. only one senor. u gotta giv some cred

I think that East Hickman will do very well this year. They are new, but they have a pretty good team.

If you're going to put EHHS in the mix of state tournament this year then you might as well put Forrest High in there.They are very aggressive and have an abundance of speed,control and great passing.They tied East Hickman 0-0 but they had opportunities that were either wide,above,or were just stopped by their lengthy keeper.Forrest could be an underdog and creep up on some teams this year.