mckenzie high school baseball

cptjack34

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they lost quite a bit from last year, so experience will be less but I figure it will be them and Huntingdon for the top two spots again. West Carroll will be in that mix too possibly. I hope we (Clarksburg) can have a say in it but I don't think our line up or pitching is deep enough.

Tradition is hard to break whether it's winning or losing.

what does mckenzie look like for 09

I think they lost quite a bit from last year, so experience will be less but I figure it will be them and Huntingdon for the top two spots again. West Carroll will be in that mix too possibly. I hope we (Clarksburg) can have a say in it but I don't think our line up or pitching is deep enough.

Tradition is hard to break whether it's winning or losing.

[/quote/]

I think that your right about tradition, especially for Mckenzie and Huntingdon because of how well they're coached.

But thats not to say that other schools won't break traditions and make a run for district. i think that Mckenzie's feeder system is advanced for the talent surrounding the area. i play for west carroll as a sophomore and i also played for trezvant babe ruth last summer. when we played Mckenzie in the league tournament it was pretty clear that they had by far the most talent throughout the line up. i hope that some less known baseball schools like west carroll and clarksburg will step up this year and give the district better competition and a run for the district title. but good luck to everybody in 13A this year and i think it will be exciting to see who comes out on top.

The Achilles for both our teams will be pitching. If we can both get some more then we can have a shot at unseating one of the two. Yall have a better shot at having more pitching than we do just because of number of students.

I am looking forward to the season and I wish you well, and maybe one of us can steal one of those two spots away.

[/quote/]

I think that your right about tradition, especially for Mckenzie and Huntingdon because of how well they're coached.

But thats not to say that other schools won't break traditions and make a run for district. i think that Mckenzie's feeder system is advanced for the talent surrounding the area. i play for west carroll as a sophomore and i also played for trezvant babe ruth last summer. when we played Mckenzie in the league tournament it was pretty clear that they had by far the most talent throughout the line up. i hope that some less known baseball schools like west carroll and clarksburg will step up this year and give the district better competition and a run for the district title. but good luck to everybody in 13A this year and i think it will be exciting to see who comes out on top.

The Achilles for both our teams will be pitching. If we can both get some more then we can have a shot at unseating one of the two. Yall have a better shot at having more pitching than we do just because of number of students.

I am looking forward to the season and I wish you well, and maybe one of us can steal one of those two spots away.

i hope you are right lol. just for something to talk about west carroll's baseball and softball lights are finally up and i think that they look verry good, i know that clarksburg is getting a new gym which ya'll desperatly needed by the way lol. but are ya'll gonna get a baseball upgrade as well? just something i had on my mind and about the pitching i think it would be helpful to go to a team camp or a pitching camp with 5 or 6 guys to work on mechanics and such. the bethel camp held this year with the vandirbuilt pitching staff was quite helpful for me so i would suggest mentioning that to your coach or take your son if you'd like.

We have new baseball and softball fields behind the new gym. We will be playing baseball there this year. Much nicer than what was there before. I don't think all the improvements will be done but it will be done enough to play on.

Yes, we went to the pitching camp at Bethel. At least two other guys on our team went as well. I think his pitching will be improved this year. We have spent some extra time working on mechanics since last year. We now need to start working again on hitting and improve on last years stats. Got off to a slow start last year and really only hit his stride (no pun intended) in the last half of the season and district tourney. The hope is our lineup will be deeper instead of dropping off the 5th and 6th batter. If being a year older helps we should improve that some. I just don't know how many practiced hitting in the offseason.

Basketball keeps you in shape but it gets in the way of baseball practice too.

i hope you are right lol. just for something to talk about west carroll's baseball and softball lights are finally up and i think that they look verry good, i know that clarksburg is getting a new gym which ya'll desperatly needed by the way lol. but are ya'll gonna get a baseball upgrade as well? just something i had on my mind and about the pitching i think it would be helpful to go to a team camp or a pitching camp with 5 or 6 guys to work on mechanics and such. the bethel camp held this year with the vandirbuilt pitching staff was quite helpful for me so i would suggest mentioning that to your coach or take your son if you'd like.

i think that the 2009 mckenzie baseball team will be a better and more team orriented group than last years. dont get me wrong last years team was a strong baseball team..but there was many that played as individuals and not as a team..this year i believe there all the players have heart and are willing to work as a team to get the job done. so we will see what happens when march 9th comes against union city on how much heart this years team really has.

GO REBELS!!!!!

I look forward to the season and the challenge of facing your good pitchers. My son faced Chappell over the summer one game at Martin. I don't know that he has ever faced Holt. At his height though he will be a formidable presence on the mound.

Maybe we can steal a game from you guys this year. Chances are against us but hope springs eternal. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i think that the 2009 mckenzie baseball team will be a better and more team orriented group than last years. dont get me wrong last years team was a strong baseball team..but there was many that played as individuals and not as a team..this year i believe there all the players have heart and are willing to work as a team to get the job done. so we will see what happens when march 9th comes against union city on how much heart this years team really has.

GO REBELS!!!!!

I look forward to the season and the challenge of facing your good pitchers. My son faced Chappell over the summer one game at Martin. I don't know that he has ever faced Holt. At his height though he will be a formidable presence on the mound.

Maybe we can steal a game from you guys this year. Chances are against us but hope springs eternal. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i too was at the tournament in martin this past summer for a travel team..and have had the chance to play with some of the clarksburg guys and some players from centerville on my team and they have an increadible amount of talet for baseball..hitting wise the clarksburg team has a very good hitter who also hit a homerun in the martin tourny...we will see what happens /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />