Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference (IMAC)

statman3

IMAC  

39 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is JC#1 Fan? PTSportswriter?? We need the lowdown on JC. Greeneville fans, Cocke County?? The board needs you!

Been trying to post for about three weeks now, but have been having trouble with the site. I hope this post goes through to my loyal IMACIANS. I first tried to respond to the post about what JCHS was missing. At the time Nelson (playing basketball), Hill (not playing?), Tucker (Annie was gettin her guns i.e. she was the lead in the senior play),Peterson (sickly), and probably most importantly Dukes (possible rotater cuff and out for the year) were all missing. This was 5 starters from last year out of commision and even though the sunshine was gone from M'town West the rain clouds seemed to be gathering at JCHS. Since that time all have returned except Hill and the clouds have rolled back, but there still seems to be a 50% chance of rain (i.e. 1-1 record so far) . Girls looked pretty good against a good Farragut team Monday night (L 3-2) and handed a whoopin out at Anderson County Tuesday night (W 7-0). As for the IMAC predictions. Cherokee Chiefs are sendin out the smoke signals already, but as usual East, West, and JCHS will be nippin at their heels just waitin for a slip up. Greeneville and Cocke County will be much improved this year and I expect them to throw a "monkey wrench" into things this year. Good luck to all and let the games begin !!!!!!!!!!!!

Opening IMAC day is finally HERE!!

Or not?

How can Lance be amazing when the weather doesn??™t cooperate? As you recall, I??™m 5-1 over the last 4 years on weather predictions. No games tonight.

BUT, just in case:

Greene vs. Morristown West

What??™s Green and Maroon and goes 1000 miles per hour? (A frog in a blender). You sophisticates can probably understand my analogy but here goes.

The Lady devils come off a year of marked improvement and hope to challenge the upper echelon by surprising a somewhat embattled Lady Trojans team. Loss of sunshine and star centerfielder causes some more last minute scramble for the Maroon Warriors but they have plenty of ammo for which to reload. Just when Greene is ready to play on the dirt ??“ The Trojans exploded out of the gate playing with Grainger Mudd.

Lance??™s Loser: Greeneville

East vs. Cherokee

It??™s one thing to say it??™s a big game or to say it??™s a big game late in the season but how awesome is it to say it??™s a big game on conference play day number one. With Lance predicting a mad scramble at the top, every conference game is big this year.

Chief Gilbert loads the wagon and brings her tribe to Morristown East in hopes of a Frank Lorino feast. After attending Spring Fling last year, she is on the war path and hungrier than ever to return to the land of glory and honor.

Lady Canes still have work to do to find their groove and the early competition for playing time is fierce. With pitching ahead of hitting early in the season and Gilbert on the Chief mound - it certainly looks to be a difficult chore for the young lady canes. East comes off a 20-2 smack-down over David Crockett, but 2 earned runs in an inning could easily cost you this game.

Chiefs will have trouble scoring all year, but I look for at least 3 today. Too much for Lady Canes. Lance??™s Loser: East

Opening IMAC day is finally HERE!!

Or not?

How can Lance be amazing when the weather doesn??™t cooperate? As you recall, I??™m 5-1 over the last 4 years on weather predictions. No games tonight.

BUT, just in case:

Greene vs. Morristown West

What??™s Green and Maroon and goes 1000 miles per hour? (A frog in a blender). You sophisticates can probably understand my analogy but here goes.

The Lady devils come off a year of marked improvement and hope to challenge the upper echelon by surprising a somewhat embattled Lady Trojans team. Loss of sunshine and star centerfielder causes some more last minute scramble for the Maroon Warriors but they have plenty of ammo for which to reload. Just when Greene is ready to play on the dirt ??“ The Trojans exploded out of the gate playing with Grainger Mudd.

Lance??™s Loser: Greeneville

East vs. Cherokee

It??™s one thing to say it??™s a big game or to say it??™s a big game late in the season but how awesome is it to say it??™s a big game on conference play day number one. With Lance predicting a mad scramble at the top, every conference game is big this year.

Chief Gilbert loads the wagon and brings her tribe to Morristown East in hopes of a Frank Lorino feast. After attending Spring Fling last year, she is on the war path and hungrier than ever to return to the land of glory and honor.

Lady Canes still have work to do to find their groove and the early competition for playing time is fierce. With pitching ahead of hitting early in the season and Gilbert on the Chief mound - it certainly looks to be a difficult chore for the young lady canes. East comes off a 20-2 smack-down over David Crockett, but 2 earned runs in an inning could easily cost you this game.

Chiefs will have trouble scoring all year, but I look for at least 3 today. Too much for Lady Canes. Lance??™s Loser: East

3 would have done it, but it wasn't to be.

Saw some good things from both teams. East played a clean game defensively and Cherokee got some offense from their newcomers late in the game that made it interesting,

Chiefs were a little rusty in spots, but for that matter it looks like Lance may be a little rusty on his picks early in the season also.

How did the rest of the IMAC fair?

What, no details on the East/Cherokee game??? Come on guys, how'd it go down?

Little bit of rust showed up in the West game as well. Didn't get a lot of buck for the bang last night - had 12 hits including 3 doubles, but could only muster 6 runs. 2 base running mistakes cost at LEAST 2 runs. Poole pitched well again, except for the wet ball problems she had a couple of times and her bat is smoking hot at the moment. Had a couple of errors again including a dropped fly ball for the second game in a row. Don't mean to dwell on the negative though as it was a solid win. It's nice to get that first conference win under the belt and Greeneville played a good game as well. They had 1 error and put the ball in play all night. It was nice to see one of the 2 missing seniors back in action as Watson returned from her bball hiatus. Now if Johnson can get healthy some time in the near future...?

What, no details on the East/Cherokee game??? Come on guys, how'd it go down?

Little bit of rust showed up in the West game as well. Didn't get a lot of buck for the bang last night - had 12 hits including 3 doubles, but could only muster 6 runs. 2 base running mistakes cost at LEAST 2 runs. Poole pitched well again, except for the wet ball problems she had a couple of times and her bat is smoking hot at the moment. Had a couple of errors again including a dropped fly ball for the second game in a row. Don't mean to dwell on the negative though as it was a solid win. It's nice to get that first conference win under the belt and Greeneville played a good game as well. They had 1 error and put the ball in play all night. It was nice to see one of the 2 missing seniors back in action as Watson returned from her bball hiatus. Now if Johnson can get healthy some time in the near future...?

OK, but I expect Lance to give his take.

Cherokee scored their run in the top of the first. Hensley drew a walk to get on and eventually pulled a delay steal to take third. Do not recall how she moved to 2nd. Score came via squeeze. From there the chiefs got some hits but didn't threaten until top of 7.

East got their first base runner in the bottom of 4. Bailey got a hit and took 2nd with bobble in the OF. Vannoy sacrificed her to 3rd. Horner ground ball to 3rd was mishandled and first run scored. Canter hit double down first base line. Ball may not have crossed the bag in fair territory, but it was a well hit ball and the call was made. Horner scored from first. I think East ended up with two more base runners but no other scoring threats.

Top of 7 the bottom of the chief lineup did a good job of giving them a chance. Price (Freshman) got a 1 out infield single and took second on wild pitch. Brewer (Freshman) got her second hit of the game into CF. Runner got caught watching the ball flight a little and was unable to advance past third. With runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, Wilmoth got the K she needed and the groundout from the top of the lineup to secure the win.

Chief observations: This team needs offensive production from the newcomers and last night was a good omen. I believe the newcomers generated 4 of the 6 hits they got off Wilmoth and showed some grit in the top of the 7th. Still a little shaky with some of the gloves and base running that I attribute to "nerves". Top of the lineup will have to be more productive. It will get better as the season progresses.

Canes observations: Wilmoth did a great job and defense was solid all night. Top of the lineup put the ball in play well.

If I am not mistaken, last year started off with a 2 to 1 Canes victory also.

Your turn Lance.

Statman - you report is better than mine.

I agree - Chiefs youth will contribute and is a good sign. They need more than Gilbert to hold everyone to 1 or less.

East - solid on defense and youth overpowered at the plate by Gilbert. Wilmoth surprised me a bit. She has walked a few early in season, but looked good last night in difficult weather.

As for Lance: not only missed his first ever season opener but missed weather prediction too. This was actually more shocking that East victory.

Big win for the Canes, but work to do to make me a believer - great victory though and very proud!

On a final note - Lance will have to admit that he may not always be right, be is always ENTERTAINING.

Opening day -- wahoooooo!

This thread is a little quiet - I imagine that everyone is waiting on the amazing Lance. Either that or you have aquired the same super power as me to know the future. Sometimes, Lance wishes he didn't know everything (just ask his wife - lol).

Greeneville at East

Valiant effort last week as the Greene Devils made respectable showing in the Morristown West blender. Greeneville is solid defensively and makes you earn the victory, but their offense is lagging a little behind. The Lady Canes come off a huge win over the lady Chiefs on opening day and find themselves atop the leader board and their bellies full of prosperity, but beware today Lady Canes as yesterday??™s cornbread could be tomorrow??™s dinner. In a match of stability, I??™ll take Anna Canter ??“ the most stable of them all. Lance??™s Loser: Greeneville

Cocke at West

I can think of two reasons (Ball and Wyrick) why the Trojans could have their hands full today. Unfortunately, I can think of 8.6 reasons (West average runs per game) why they won??™t. Cocke County continues to improve and had some great showings last year, but you have to beat Knox Carter to prove you are ready for the IMAC leader board. Trojan bats are a vat of scalding hot water right now. I??™ve seen what a vat of hot water does to turtles so should be no problem for chicken (which ironically, both taste the same). Lance??™s Loser: Cocke County

Jefferson at Cherokee ??“ IMAC game of the day

Lady Pats have Lance all tore up early in the season as I thought too many pieces were missing. I expected good pitching, but just wasn??™t sure that defense could hold up. Good showing against Farragut (L 2-3) and then a 2-1 victory over a good Grainger team. Lady Pats off to a great start and certainly making a statement that they once again have what it takes to be at the top of the IMAC. Only giving up 1.3 runs per game has certainly caught Lance??™s attention as it has many others I??™m sure.

Lance is tempted to make a surprise Patriot pick, but am I crazy. It??™s Gilbert man! East scored 2 runs on the only 2 opportunities they had (1 on an error). Gilbert hasn??™t lost back to back anything since a kindergarten marbles match that although she lost, left her teacher with a bloody nose.

I know mwtfan ??“ I know. She lost back to back last year ??“ at Spring Fling.

If Cherokee scores more than 1.3 today (and they will), it will be too much for the Red White and Blue ??“ Lance??™s Loser: Patriots

I know mwtfan ??“ I know. She lost back to back last year ??“ at Spring Fling.

Sorry Lance....but there was a 1 to 0 shutout of Brentwood squeezed in between the losses in Murfreesboro.

And I was beginning to believe you knew everything! How could you possibly have known about the infamous "Marbles Match of 1996".

BTW.....Game with JC postponed...apparently the field is not playable.

Sorry Lance....but there was a 1 to 0 shutout of Brentwood squeezed in between the losses in Murfreesboro.

And I was beginning to believe you knew everything! How could you possibly have known about the infamous "Marbles Match of 1996".

BTW.....Game with JC postponed...apparently the field is not playable.

Looks like you are headed to Field of Dreams tonight Statman. It's an old Indian trick, but takes one to know one so I guess no problem.

I am assuming that you and mwtfan are done after this year, so Lance things he may hang it up too. I want to meet you and mwtfan at District Tourney and maybe even actually cook those steaks that mwtfan has talked about for so long. Keep that in the back of your mind.

Great games yesterday. No easy days in the IMAC. Better have your motor running when you get off the bus.

Looks like you are headed to Field of Dreams tonight Statman. It's an old Indian trick, but takes one to know one so I guess no problem.

I am assuming that you and mwtfan are done after this year, so Lance things he may hang it up too. I want to meet you and mwtfan at District Tourney and maybe even actually cook those steaks that mwtfan has talked about for so long. Keep that in the back of your mind.

Great games yesterday. No easy days in the IMAC. Better have your motor running when you get off the bus.

No gimmes in the IMAC this year, or at least that's how it looks early. It seems that both Greeneville & Cocke County are closing the gap a little more every year. I like your idea for District - sounds like a lot of fun. However, I may just hang around for a few more years to kind of ween myself from this slowly. Don't know what I'd do with any spare time anyway as my golf clubs are probably rusty (and I say probably because I'm not sure I could find them). Statman - is gametime 5:00? Gotta get my radio tuned in to AM 1370 & check it out. They are still doing the Cherokee games, right??

No gimmes in the IMAC this year, or at least that's how it looks early. It seems that both Greeneville & Cocke County are closing the gap a little more every year. I like your idea for District - sounds like a lot of fun. However, I may just hang around for a few more years to kind of ween myself from this slowly. Don't know what I'd do with any spare time anyway as my golf clubs are probably rusty (and I say probably because I'm not sure I could find them). Statman - is gametime 5:00? Gotta get my radio tuned in to AM 1370 & check it out. They are still doing the Cherokee games, right??

MWTFAN,

They guys from 1370 were planning on being there yesterday, so I assume they will be back over there tonight.

We need a little detail from last night, What went down?

Lance,

Sounds good for District.