January 24 Tournament, A-Game Sportsplex

play4keeps

There is a one-day tournament at the A-Game Sportsplex on January 24.

Admission is free and the tournament will (most likely) start early in the day and last well into the late afternoon, early evening. Teams will range from 18U to 12U.

Clubs entered include:

A5 (Atlanta)

Arkansas Juniors

Impact

Nashville One

North Georgia

Rocket City (Huntsville)

Smoky Mountain Juniors (Knoxville)

TCA (Atlanta)

Dig to Win (Chattanooga)

Nashville Spike

Birmingham Volleyball Club

Choo-Choo City (Chattanooga)

North Alabama Christian Athletics

I will post the schedule as it becomes available. This is the first tournament in the new A-Game Sportsplex. Lots of courts, lots of seating. Should be a good one.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think the facility you are referring to is Select's USBA complex (which IS on General George Patton)

The A-Game Sportsplex is the former Southern Ice facility on Gothic Court off Mallory Springs Road. The facility features 2 ice rinks, and a full wing of basketball and volleyball courts.

Impact Volleyball Club at A-Game Sportsplex

There is plenty of parking and bleachers set up on every court.

There is no food, gum or drinks allowed on the courts, water only please. All the net systems are suspended from the ceiling and every court has an electronic scoreboard.

This tournament is hosting ages 12U to 18U. No, not every club is bringing every age group. All the tournament information can be found at SRVA Online. Just select Tournament Calendar and the date you are looking for.

Schedule:

Pool play starts at 9am.

18 Pool A: Court 1A

18 Pool B: Court 1B

18 Pool C: Court 2A

17 All: Court 2B

16 All: Court 3A

15 Pool A: Court 4A

15 Pool B: Court 4B

12-14 not posted yet but as we have access to 12 courts, I'm sure they will start at 9am.

Actually, I think the facility you are referring to is Select's USBA complex (which IS on General George Patton)

The A-Game Sportsplex is the former Southern Ice facility on Gothic Court off Mallory Springs Road. The facility features 2 ice rinks, and a full wing of basketball and volleyball courts.

Impact Volleyball Club at A-Game Sportsplex

There is plenty of parking and bleachers set up on every court.

There is no food, gum or drinks allowed on the courts, water only please. All the net systems are suspended from the ceiling and every court has an electronic scoreboard.

This tournament is hosting ages 12U to 18U. No, not every club is bringing every age group. All the tournament information can be found at SRVA Online. Just select Tournament Calendar and the date you are looking for.

Sorry about that and I deleted. Can you give instructions or directions on how to get there off of I-65?

Sorry about that and I deleted. Can you give instructions or directions on how to get there off of I-65?

Sure, the easiest way to get to the facility is to get off I-65 on Galleria Blvd going west. Turn onto Mallory Lane (right), and make the 2nd left onto Mallory Station Road. Make the first left (Gothic Court) and A-Game Sportsplex is at the end of the road (road dead-ends into the parking lot).

Sure, the easiest way to get to the facility is to get off I-65 on Galleria Blvd going west. Turn onto Mallory Lane (right), and make the 2nd left onto Mallory Station Road. Make the first left (Gothic Court) and A-Game Sportsplex is at the end of the road (road dead-ends into the parking lot).

Wow, great instructions. With all of these clubs on this saturday starting a 9:00, there should be a great crowd and around 400 top notch volleyball players oplaying in this Tournament.

Schedule:

Pool play starts at 9am.

18 Pool A: Court 1A

18 Pool B: Court 1B

18 Pool C: Court 2A

17 All: Court 2B

16 All: Court 3A

15 Pool A: Court 4A

15 Pool B: Court 4B

12-14 not posted yet but as we have access to 12 courts, I'm sure they will start at 9am.

The 18's should be a JIHAD let the fun begin with all these girls it will be a fun weekend followed up on the 7th and 8th of feb for more of the same... plenty of college coaches around this[/ weekend!

The 18's should be a JIHAD let the fun begin with all these girls it will be a fun weekend followed up on the 7th and 8th of feb for more of the same... plenty of college coaches around this[/ weekend!

I thought so. If they weren't here this weekend, they would miss out. This is likely one of the finest fields in the Southeast playing at one of the best looking facilities I've seen. Generally plenty of parking but it will fill up. The promoters will be watching to make improvements if needed. A fine place for MT volleyballers to watch great play.

I thought so. If they weren't here this weekend, they would miss out. This is likely one of the finest fields in the Southeast playing at one of the best looking facilities I've seen. Generally plenty of parking but it will fill up. The promoters will be watching to make improvements if needed. A fine place for MT volleyballers to watch great play.

got a couple of txts from other parents this morn about this tx and the facilities.. Sounds like one heck of a TX. wish we could have played in it now.

if anyone is there please post some results please...

While I have no results as I spent most of the day there and couldn't stay later, you are correct. Huge parking lot and it was more than full. Very large crowd but with ice hockey going on too. Ten courts with seating on the bottom and upstairs an area that fans could look down on play on all courts, except a screen between courts impaired visability a little.on 5 of them. Room to open up more couirts possibly 12-14. Concession stand in the building but no food on the courts. Was good for club with space. About 70+ seating per court plus standing and good space on the ends and side. Visability of match results for the Tournament was not as large as needed for Coaches and fans but can be rectified. Nets came down from the ceiling as p4k mentioned. Even the GLJ was there along with Brentwood Bruins and many of the T posters. Many of the college/university coaches there, maybe 20 or more and looked to be there for business. High school coaches were there watching as well as some high school players not playing. There is another date in Feb when there is another Tournament. There is no question, in my mind, that there should be at least four club tournaments at this location a year, If I were a club, just being there would make me want to come back just for the convenience of everything and not the huge expense, both clubs and College/University coaches. Impact was good host. Officiating is very good as this is an area that is a hotbed for Womens Volleyball in Tennessee. P4K I am sure has some scores and well as 317 who was visable all over the facility being one of the sponsers of the New Nashville 1 Club. This was an excellent VB experience and while the crowds were very good, could take about 40%+ the number although the cars would overflow the parking lot, but reasonable inconvenience. Interstate's 40, 24, and 65 thru the area with in and out or area convenience. No downtown parking but close to a shopping and attraction area. Hotels are around. Hope you can come to the next event in Febuary. Cool Springs close to Brentwood high School in Franklin Tennessee. Huge Attraction and Exposure Area for VB.

While I have no results as I spent most of the day there and couldn't stay later, you are correct. Huge parking lot and it was more than full. Very large crowd but with ice hockey going on too. Ten courts with seating on the bottom and upstairs an area that fans could look down on play on all courts, except a screen between courts impaired visability a little.on 5 of them. Room to open up more couirts possibly 12-14. Concession stand in the building but no food on the courts. Was good for club with space. About 70+ seating per court plus standing and good space on the ends and side. Visability of match results for the Tournament was not as large as needed for Coaches and fans but can be rectified. Nets came down from the ceiling as p4k mentioned. Even the GLJ was there along with Brentwood Bruins and many of the T posters. Many of the college/university coaches there, maybe 20 or more and looked to be there for business. High school coaches were there watching as well as some high school players not playing. There is another date in Feb when there is another Tournament. There is no question, in my mind, that there should be at least four club tournaments at this location a year, If I were a club, just being there would make me want to come back just for the convenience of everything and not the huge expense, both clubs and College/University coaches. Impact was good host. Officiating is very good as this is an area that is a hotbed for Womens Volleyball in Tennessee. P4K I am sure has some scores and well as 317 who was visable all over the facility being one of the sponsers of the New Nashville 1 Club. This was an excellent VB experience and while the crowds were very good, could take about 40%+ the number although the cars would overflow the parking lot, but reasonable inconvenience. Interstate's 40, 24, and 65 thru the area with in and out or area convenience. No downtown parking but close to a shopping and attraction area. Hotels are around. Hope you can come to the next event in Febuary. Cool Springs close to Brentwood high School in Franklin Tennessee. Huge Attraction and Exposure Area for VB.

Twas a good weekend, parking will always be an issue as this faciltiy gets a ton of traffice, hockey, brithday parties, laser tag etc...

The few notes I have on results...

A-5 beat Impact in 18 finals n three

(Impact beat Nashville One in Semi's A-5 Beat Smoky Mtn Jrs in other)

Hear that A-5 17-1 and A-5 17-2 played in 17 finals...

Hear that Impact 15's lost in 16 finals not sure to whom...

Nashville One 15's lost in three in Finals to Smoky Mtn Jrs

PH that N-1 16's team looked pretty good top me eh???

all in all a good tournament, wish they'd used two courts in the 5 team pools; 18 finals ended at 1030pm!!!

317, there's always a lot to learn in the first one. Parking was only a small inconvience as there WERE about 1500 cars around the building. Really heard no complaints about anything. Time looks as if it was a little long and can be rectified. Yes, the Nashville 1 16's did play up and were in the bracket with Impact 18-1 in Pool play and was beaten the last match to keep them from placing but showed promise. Impact 18-1 got beaten in the finals by an awesome group and know A-5 is awesome. College/University coaches watched them all day. These are events at A1 in Cool Springs and matches that the Middle Tennessee area players should stop in and see at the next event. Parents, this is a family atmosphere event and if you can see great volleyball all day long with free admission and mingle with some of the best players in the nation, this is the place to be. Many of them will make you think you are short but this new Nashville 1 Club is top notch in every way with even great University Coaches and asst coaches and some of the top HS Coaches in MTennessee. Impact again has some great Club Teams and some that you will want to see and District 11AAA filled most of the positions. Yes, there was a very large crowd but there was room for more to watch. Watch this Forum for the next event.