food at state this year?

112wrestler

The tournaments need to rotate. That is really the only fair solution. East Tennessee - Middle Tennessee - West Tennessee. The site can rotate within each of the three areas too if there are muiltiple locations that can provide the services. I know an effort is underway to get the TriCities area into the mix. Some people in Middle TN need to get to work finding a location or two. How about Jackson in the West -there is an arena there or certainly in Memphis. Travelling to Jackson or Memphis one year in three from East TN isn't that big of a deal more than going to Clarksville.

So do you think the state duals should also be rotated?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tournaments need to rotate. That is really the only fair solution. East Tennessee - Middle Tennessee - West Tennessee. The site can rotate within each of the three areas too if there are muiltiple locations that can provide the services. I know an effort is underway to get the TriCities area into the mix. Some people in Middle TN need to get to work finding a location or two. How about Jackson in the West -there is an arena there or certainly in Memphis. Travelling to Jackson or Memphis one year in three from East TN isn't that big of a deal more than going to Clarksville.

I don't agree with rotating. It needs to be in a location that can consistantly put on a good tournament. That location previously was in Chatttown but they no longer are able to provide an adequate tournament.

I don't agree with rotating. It needs to be in a location that can consistantly put on a good tournament. That location previously was in Chatttown but they no longer are able to provide an adequate tournament.

Chattanooga can no longer provide an adequate tournament because the TSSAA decides no one can bring in outside food or drinks??? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Guys, the food decision was a TSSAA call, not UTC.

Who's call was scheduling the state tournament Wed, Thur, Friday the last two years , rather than the historic Thur, Fri, Sat, ?

Who's call was taking away any area to warm up in ? We had some upper weight kids who warmed up with everyone else prior to the first match of the tournament then sat in the stands for the next 4 hours waiting for their first call to the mat. I doubt we were the only ones.

Who's call was scheduling the state tournament Wed, Thur, Friday the last two years , rather than the historic Thur, Fri, Sat, ?

Who's call was taking away any area to warm up in ? We had some upper weight kids who warmed up with everyone else prior to the first match of the tournament then sat in the stands for the next 4 hours waiting for their first call to the mat. I doubt we were the only ones.

Ask......... www.tssaa.org/IntForms/feedbackform.cfm

The state tournament isn't the quality event it once was or could be. The lack of warm up mats and switching to the middle of the week really puts it over the top. Those issues are UTCs, not having a full double elimination, no decent food for wrestlers and a single finals format is the TSSAAs.

I went to Kentucky's state tournament and was amazed. Since we are free on Sat. and you like wrestling in general I would suggest going. It was truly one of the most awesome high school wrestling events I've ever seen. Finals were under spot lights with the rest of the facility in darkness. It was really something. You knew you were at a big time event. It felt bigger and grander even though it is a smaller facility and they have much fewer teams in their state. There is no reason TNs can't be at that same level. TNs has gotten to the point that it feels like a formality rather than a crescendo to a great season. I remember when it was held at David Lipscomb it was captivating and the place was full of electricity. Currently if you don't have a dog in the fight it isn't nearly as entertaining an environment as it could be.

My 2cents, sorry if I offend not really looking to peck a fight.

The state tournament isn't the quality event it once was or could be. The lack of warm up mats and switching to the middle of the week really puts it over the top. Those issues are UTCs, not having a full double elimination, no decent food for wrestlers and a single finals format is the TSSAAs.

I went to Kentucky's state tournament and was amazed. Since we are free on Sat. and you like wrestling in general I would suggest going. It was truly one of the most awesome high school wrestling events I've ever seen. Finals were under spot lights with the rest of the facility in darkness. It was really something. You knew you were at a big time event. It felt bigger and grander even though it is a smaller facility and they have much fewer teams in their state. There is no reason TNs can't be at that same level. TNs has gotten to the point that it feels like a formality rather than a crescendo to a great season. I remember when it was held at David Lipscomb it was captivating and the place was full of electricity. Currently if you don't have a dog in the fight it isn't nearly as entertaining an environment as it could be.

My 2cents, sorry if I offend not really looking to peck a fight.

Thanks for posting. Nice to get an outside perspective.