Father Ryan defeats BA

Chuckthebutcher615

Congrats to our "Sister School" The Purple Team from Knoxville on their victory over a good BA team. Up next for them is Independence who may be the most evenly skilled team in the State this year, and then off to Chatt-town where fortunes will be made or lost.

With The Purple Team being a 16.5 favorite, it seems that all the BIG money is coming in on the purple team to cover, buttttttttttt...... Having just gotten a transfer from Ohio in at Hwy, we might just be able to cover and win at least 3 matches.

Go Irish Green and purple

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I forget to mention that the purple and red Leprechaun mascot, doesn't do much for me. Makes me think back to my college days where I would see many objects purple and red.

Whoa Hey now BCB it seems you all may have a trick or two up your sleeves with a recruit from Ohio! Perhaps you could share a few of those bucks with that purple sister school in Nashville, they could use it.

Good luck on the upcoming match against a tough Ooltewah.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys on here are NUTS!!

Did you people ever think that in a team competition, that the team comes first and coaches might move their people up and down a weight class to win a match.

Its probably just stratagy people....... BA does have a really good team you know!!!!!

Chris Campbell perhaps then. All will be known when the official scores get sent out to the rankers or put in the paper. I thought it would have been odd Quillen getting stuck by Dupree after defeating him 2-0 last time at the Father Ryan Invite. That would certainly have cost him a state seed place /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.

i heard quillin was injured. and matt brewer looked good at his first match back from injury

As always, you seem to have ample words of wisdom--"do the duck the rematch."

I'm sure you are aware, or more likely you're probably not, that due to the toss Ryan had to show first and when it came time for the 152 match Cash was still behind his teams bench and had no intention of answering the call had Mr. Marchetti gone out. So let's be realistic for just a sec, even you iron, and all admit that no matter what the toss had been neither wrestler would've gone out. Hopefully that won't be the case at the State Indiv.

However, as Navy has mentioned earlier that coaches do what is best for their team to win, I can only assume that was the case for Ryan seeing as they did win the match. Or perhaps that's the lineup they intend to have since Matt Brewer wrestled at 135. I'm just speculating though.

Could you or anyone else elaborate?? If Calloway's father is the issue I always remember him being a nice fellow and I believe he was a ref for a while?

Hey, MWR, not to beat a dead horse, but BA only has one 152, and that is Justin, so I believe he had every intention of going out at 152(read:no backup or backup plan) Don't know if anyone has noticed but BA only has 20 wrestlers. Carlos Sr is a great fellow ninety nine percent of the time with the other one percent loss of control.As of right now, he is actively working to correct his mistakes and make amends for last night, as per Carlos Sr....necessary move

I believe Calloway beat, possibly majored, Mr. Mosley in the McCallie tournament to answer your question about the past. However, I'm sure you didn't already know that..

Oh and please don't give advice to others in regards to class, even if the phrase "thrown around" is that classless. In fact I'm shocked he would say such a thing!! Perhaps we can all become as fake with our congratulations for other teams and our posts as you are.

Now, now, MWR, it will be alright, deep breaths! You and I will be great friends in the future (it is my hope). I guess I react when any of the fine young gladiators are described like objects, being"thrown around", whether it is BA or FR. Not a big deal, but I guess I prefer the approach of BCB or Rigger or Hamm or GHouse or 2bl leg(sp), and others I can't remember, who aren't negative about the wrestlers (or programs), and generally seem like gentlemen (not that any other style of posting is not by gentlemen) in their approach. By the way, again not a big deal, but my congrats for teams and wrestlers are quite sincere, as any match success and any individual success is to be congratulated, at all of the different levels. That is my central focus on the purist of competitions. The hot air (mine included ) on this great site is pure entertainment and I thoroughly enjoy it. Heck, in most sports, for example, pole vaulting, which my son also does, I have been known to cheer the competition, much to his dismay...Have a good evening, and I really mean it...