Karns Football

kbeavr

The Beavers done well against Wartburg, OK against Kingston, same old Beavers against Webb. Bolden running for his life most of the time. I don't go to practice to see anything about the coaching staff my main concern is paying respect to the kids and parents that has watched my son play through, could really care less what the coaches do, my post are just observations and I can assure you I am not the only person that sees or has strong fellings about it. topraymore2 when your child playes through the program you are more than welcome to voice your experince good or bad. I do wish doing but the best for this team I 'm just get tired of the same old stuff year after year, the beavers certainly have the talent, young but talented, that could sneak up on some teams not being negative just stating a fact, the coaches could not win with 30 something seniors that had some talent how do we expect them to do it with kids that have very little friday night time in a game. Once these boys get some game time and seasoned I think they will turn it around and have some success how much will be a wait and see.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets talk about football.

I have an early prediction between Karns and Heritage- Karns 35 Heritage 3

I have to be honest on this one. I believe Heritage is god awful on the o-line. This spread it out style that I hear they are running is a joke. You can't spread it out when you have no speed. I'm just excited that we have them on our schedule. We'll be off and running after we give them the beating they deserve.

Well Ruckus I'd say you might be a bit optimistic and perhaps just trying to start up a ruckus with that HHSParent guy but I like the Beavers on opening day myself. I saw someone on the HHS forum make a comparison based on his remembrance of last year's scrimmage between the teams but I don't think that has any relevance at all and I remember hearing that Karns did quite well that day. I'll need to study up a bit more on these wide splits but Karns has linebackers that can get in the backfield quickly and at least one d-line guy who's a Mountaineer Killer if there ever was one. Regardless of who doesn't like the coaches, the players, or the color of the grass in the end zone, I'm liking the Beavers in the home opener this year. If the defense can hold, 3 yr QB starter Boden (his dad doesn't spell it Bolden .....) will get the ball in the end zone. :o

Lets talk about football.

I have an early prediction between Karns and Heritage- Karns 35 Heritage 3

I have to be honest on this one. I believe Heritage is god awful on the o-line. This spread it out style that I hear they are running is a joke. You can't spread it out when you have no speed. I'm just excited that we have them on our schedule. We'll be off and running after we give them the beating they deserve.

35, - Thats alot of points for a team that only scored about 60 all year last year.

And only 3 for Heritage? Yea, Heritage struggled to score last year but with the new QB, different offense, & some added tallent to the backfield, & receiving core they should be able to score a few more points this year. Good luck to the Beavers and Mountaineers this season.

Not sure what you've been smoking there Scoot but if you'll check the 08' stats I believe you'll see that the Beavs put up about 3 times that many. The scoring diminished later in the year but the big problem was defensive let down in the latter part of the 4th qtr. Coach Reeves has made some defensive changes that will hopefully be effective. Boden is a 3 year starter at QB with a solid, accurate arm. The receivers are young but if they can catch 'em I believe the O will go again. Go Beavers!!! :ugeek:

Sorry to digress from football again, but is this the same Coach Newberry who spent some years as the Sunbright Head Coach and was the focal point of a big furor when he left? From the input I got it didn't seem like Coach N had his defensive secondary ready to play last Friday evening but why are you folks so disappointed with the guy???

This is the same C. Newberry that was at Sunbright and yes he created a furor when he left the land of the sun. His teaching tenure was not approved and he was in essence fired. He has been all over Morgan county in one community or another. Not to be trusted from his past actions, and certainly not someone you would want around young impressionable boys. Not to say, he could have changed his ways, but I would have to see proof of that. Beware.

I didn't see him at Sunbright but, I can tell you my son and his team mates say the man has a very nasty mouth and talks to the kids with the F word about every other one. Not sure on past issues cause did not experince. He coaches the def and I did see it with my own eyes when a dback missed the coverage his reply was if you do that again you will only play f_ _ _ing kicker this year and that statement was loud enough that the whole sidelines could here. Rumor has it that he is suppling a couple of the players with money, cell phones and other added benefits, I guess the admin is not concerned enough to ask questions or investigate the issues.All Karns fans should demand that the admin have higher standards for our coaches.

As I said, he is trouble. If the Karns admin. knows what is good for them, they will get rid of him before he brings them some unwanted trouble. Every place that he has been, he has been asked or forced to leave for one reason or another. I hope that he has not achieved tenure as that would make it more difficult to move him out. I would have my son stay as far away from him as possible, if it were me. Good luck.

People judge Coach Newbarry without even knowing him. I played for him when he was at sunbright and he was a great coach and person, sunbright had something going. No one liked him because he didn't play who the parents wanted, he played who was doing the work and putting in effort. When he had to leave sunbright I could of went with him to play at Karns, which I regret I didn't because when he left Sunbrights building football program went down the drain with a crazy coach.