Who will repeat as state champ?

intheshadow

Your sources were wrong. I don't do it and don't teach the base runners on second base to give loction away like most teams do. I know alot of coaches may get the signals and thats fine. I know we change signals every inning.

Ricky Stinnett

I personally think parents stealing signs and tipping off batters is unethical however if the girl on second wants to lift one arm or give another signal indicating if the catcher is set up on inside or outside well I think it is fair game. If the catcher is lining up too early behind the plate that is her fault. She is being sloppy. It is letting the girls play the game. If the girls pick up sloppy signals between the pitcher and catcher ...well too bad.

By the way Stinnett, while you are on line...how is your daughter doing after surgery?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think parents stealing signs and tipping off batters is unethical however if the girl on second wants to lift one arm or give another signal indicating if the catcher is set up on inside or outside well I think it is fair game. If the catcher is lining up too early behind the plate that is her fault. She is being sloppy. It is letting the girls play the game. If the girls pick up sloppy signals between the pitcher and catcher ...well too bad.

By the way Stinnett, while you are on line...how is your daughter doing after surgery?

Thanks for asking,she doing great. Dr Elrod released her about two months ago to start thowing. She should be close to 100% by opening day but we are not going to push it intil she ready.

Stealing signs in major league baseball is considered cheating & very unethical.

I don't kid myself for one minute to think that it still doesn't go on in the pro's or in high school & travel softball/baseball.

Most people that I've spoken with about this over the years (during travel ball) know who the coaches/teams are who do this are. These teams on the travel circuit generally become well known (disrespected)for this type of play/coaching.

It maybe part of the game as you say "cascade11" but it is cheating plain & simple, very disappointing to hear you advocating this type of play.

LET THE GIRLS PLAY!

I'm neither knocking someone for doing it, or condoning it. I only said it is part of the game and any good coach will use extra information to his benefit. That's my opinion. As someone else said. It is up to you as a coach to pick up on this and use the fact that he is getting your signals against him. I have personally done this myself. Just think what an advantage it is to have a girl looking change up and blow a fastball by her. Understand? I good staff will vary signals throughout the game as Ricky stated.

Thanks for asking,she doing great. Dr Elrod released her about two months ago to start thowing. She should be close to 100% by opening day but we are not going to push it intil she ready.

Glad to hear Shelby is doing good, Ricky. I'm going to call you after I talk with Coach Edmondson. I'd like to take you up on that offer of a middle school scrimmage if he is okay with it. Maybe the 3rd week of February. I'll talk to Mike and get back to you.

Glad to hear Shelby is doing good, Ricky. I'm going to call you after I talk with Coach Edmondson. I'd like to take you up on that offer of a middle school scrimmage if he is okay with it. Maybe the 3rd week of February. I'll talk to Mike and get back to you.

Mike,

I dont coach the Jr High anymore. But I can you a name and number of who does.

I am hoping for a Forrest vs. TCA state championship game repeat. Looks like we have a bona fide rivalry going here.

I hope so as well. You can only be the best if you beat the best. It's been a growing rivalry for a while now. For some reason there's just not a lot of good feelings. The first year TCA won over Forrest, someone yelled out that at least Forrest was Public school champions. Think that left a bad taste in people's mouths. Also people, including your hometown newspaper, thinking a parent should keep a hotel room just in case their child MIGHT lose; then continue rubbing it in your faces after you already won doesn't win you any friends either. Best of luck to Forrest, and I hope the Stinnett young lady heals. If I know the girls on Trinity's team, they've been practicing just as hard.

We actually played Friday night in another division and had kept our rooms for a possible Saturday game. We were not going to drive back Friday night anyway. I don't think there is a right or wrong on this issue. It does appear that there are fans from both Trinity and Forrest that do not like each other. The Boro will be buzzing if these teams square off again at state. Rivalries like this one are good for the sport as long as the fans keep it clean.

We actually played Friday night in another division and had kept our rooms for a possible Saturday game. We were not going to drive back Friday night anyway. I don't think there is a right or wrong on this issue. It does appear that there are fans from both Trinity and Forrest that do not like each other. The Boro will be buzzing if these teams square off again at state. Rivalries like this one are good for the sport as long as the fans keep it clean.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're a ST. Benedict fan, right? I can see why you guys kept your rooms cause it was a show of faith in your girls that you could come back and beat GPS twice. The same can be said for the TCA parents who wanted to show that they believed their daughters could win Friday. What message are you sending if you keep a hotel room IN CASE your daughter loses that night? That was last year, and it just goes to show you that different things can rub opposing fans the wrong way. Apparently, Trinity parents believing their girls could win happened to make the Forrest fans angry. I know I'll be there if both teams make it to play each other. However, Cornersville, Huntingdon, and a few other teams are hoping to crash that party!