9AAA

jazzypha24mom

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew...what a tough game tonight against Beech. They always play LaVergne tough. With some favor, hopefully Mt. Juliet or Smyrna will meet up with them in the 1st round of district play. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here's the box score of the game qrt by qrt...

1 2 3 4 OT 1 FINAL

La Vergne High School (16 - 6 - 0) 16 14 15 18 10 73

Beech Senior High School (10 - 13) 19 15 14 15 7 70

Way to step and play on the end, it was a good win especially after the tough loss on Thursday!!

I see where Mt. Juliet loss to Shelbyville at home....can they bounce back & get a much needed victory against Wilson Central on Tuesday??

Mt. Juliet had a huge win against WC on last night putting them at 8-3 in the district, tied with Smyrna....Smyrna still has to play WC on Friday at Smyrna. Smyrna has played tough down the wire & a win on Friday will keep them tied with Mt. Juliet for a possible tie-breaker for second or if they lose they will have a tie breaker with LaVergne for fourth. I think anyway.....does anyone know for sure, if there is a tie-breaker, how is it handled for this district??

Current District Standings

Wilson Central 10-1 22-4

Mt. Juliet 8-3 21-5

Smyrna 8-3 18-6

LaVergne 8-4 17-6

Beech 3-8 10-14

Hendersonville 2-9 9-15

Gallatin 0-11

District Tournament Site:

AAA District 9 1st Rnd. @ Higher Seed Feb. 19-21, 23-24 LaVergne H.S.

Regional Tournament Site:

AAA Region 5 1st Rnd. @ Higher Seed Feb. 27 - Mar. 5 Hendersonville H.S.

Smyrna loses to Wilson Central, which they are now tied with LaVergne for third. MJ finishes second.

I heard Smyrna played well and was even leading WC at halftime. In my opinion, this district is wide open and Wilson Central is going to have to play their very best ball if they want to win the district.

One other thing......is the Gallatin/Beech score correct???

What does everyone think about Gallatin upsetting Beech. Or does anyone care. I think on this given night, coaching won the game and not the players. It's embarrassing.

I was wondering about this game....so what happened?? I did notice that the Fleming girl was not in the box score, did she play?? I was just telling someone with a little work, Gallatin should have a pretty decent squad next year.

im just gonna throw this out there

coach hall at hville is a terrible coach and those girls would be doing alot better if they actually had a good coach

You can most definitley say that about the Beech H.S. coach (Walker). Too much athletic talent on one team to not be above the .500 mark. "Gene Wilder" Jr. needs to stick with being a comedian!!!!!!!!!

You can most definitley say that about the Beech H.S. coach (Walker). Too much athletic talent on one team to not be above the .500 mark. "Gene Wilder" Jr. needs to stick with being a comedian!!!!!!!!!

You're nuts. Coach Walker continuously does more with less every year. They have great kids but he has no one who could start at any of the top 4 schools. The Gallatin game was a result of a home team on senior night playing well and Beech missing many layups and free throws. A coach can only get their players in position and he does that regularly. If he coached lavergne he would contend for a state and maybe have one one. He has taken a couple of teams to murfreesboro that had very average talent. Not too many coaches have done that......I'm not even a Beech fan but he knows what he's doing. His kids play hard for him, and all schools can't say that.

I'm not sure if this team is that athletic, but they do hustle & execute well.....To give your coach some credit, they are in an extremely tough district & have lost to the top 4 teams twice. I also see where they lost to some very good opponents out of district....they lost to Brentwood twice, Clarksville High, Hillsboro, Clarksville NE & McGavock....all have been in the Midstate top 10 at some point.

In the last meeting with LaVergne, they played us to OT and with that in mind, I'm sure it was disappointing to lose to Gallatin. But as the saying goes, anyone can be beaten on any given day, so maybe Beech girls took Gallatin for granted, or maybe Gallatin needs to be given credit for not giving up.

If I'm not mistaken the only player being lost next year is the Fleming girl, who signed with MTSU (I'm sorry I'm not sure of her first name). I think with the athletes he has, he does a great job. With the realignment of the district next year, and solid post play from Ginny Carroll, I expect Beech to finish second or third.

Which player is the school losing?

PHargis, if you are talking about the senior player, her name is Audashalon Boykins.

LaVergne starters are:

LaQuinta Jefferson - jersey # 3 - Jr

Alex Swope - jersey # 13 - Soph

Jasmine Brimm - jersey #23 - Jr

Jasmine Dale - jersey #33 - Jr

Stephanie Myers - jersey #34 - Jr

Sixth "lady"

Missy Brimm - jersey # 5 - FR

You're nuts. Coach Walker continuously does more with less every year. They have great kids but he has no one who could start at any of the top 4 schools. The Gallatin game was a result of a home team on senior night playing well and Beech missing many layups and free throws. A coach can only get their players in position and he does that regularly. If he coached lavergne he would contend for a state and maybe have one one. He has taken a couple of teams to murfreesboro that had very average talent. Not too many coaches have done that......I'm not even a Beech fan but he knows what he's doing. His kids play hard for him, and all schools can't say that.

Agreed........I think for the most part he have his girls ready to play. How long has he been coaching at Beech?