9AAA

jazzypha24mom

I'm not sure if this team is that athletic, but they do hustle & execute well.....To give your coach some credit, they are in an extremely tough district & have lost to the top 4 teams twice. I also see where they lost to some very good opponents out of district....they lost to Brentwood twice, Clarksville High, Hillsboro, Clarksville NE & McGavock....all have been in the Midstate top 10 at some point.

In the last meeting with LaVergne, they played us to OT and with that in mind, I'm sure it was disappointing to lose to Gallatin. But as the saying goes, anyone can be beaten on any given day, so maybe Beech girls took Gallatin for granted, or maybe Gallatin needs to be given credit for not giving up.

If I'm not mistaken the only player being lost next year is the Fleming girl, who signed with MTSU (I'm sorry I'm not sure of her first name). I think with the athletes he has, he does a great job. With the realignment of the district next year, and solid post play from Ginny Carroll, I expect Beech to finish second or third.

Fleming to MTSU? Where in the world did you get that info? Although she is very athletic, she give off an illusion that she is better than she really is. Will she go to MTSU? Maybe. Play ball there? NO WAY!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleming to MTSU? Where in the world did you get that info? Although she is very athletic, she give off an illusion that she is better than she really is. Will she go to MTSU? Maybe. Play ball there? NO WAY!

My bad 'smash'....I thought at SR night when Ms. Fleming was introduced the announcer said she was attending MTSU & I just assumed it was on a basketball scholarship.

This afternoon in a very physical game Wilson Central beat LaVergne in overtime 54-51 and the only scoring I have is jefferson got 27 points.

Lady Rines fell just a little short.....Quinta had a great drive to the basket with about 30-40 seconds left that would have put LV ahead in OT, but the shot rolled out. Wilson Central gets the rebound & goes inside to Jasmine Hassell, who puts Wilson Central up by two with about 15-20 seconds left in OT. LaVergne gets the ball back & in transition get a good look at a 3 by Jasmine Dale, but her shot bounces off the front of the rim & WC rebounds.....an intentional foul was called against LaVergne which put Jessyca Christopher on the free throw line with .03 seconds. Jessy makes 1 out of 2 free throws & WC gets the ball back, clock runs out with WC winning by the score of 54-51.....whew what a great game!!

In the next matchup, Smyrna who has come on strong at the end of the season, ran away with Mt. Juliet....they jumped out to a 35-12 halftime lead and never looked back. The final score of that game was 55-38.

Monday matchups are as follows...

Consolation Game:

LaVergne vs. Mt. Juliet @ 6:30

Championship Game

Wilson Central vs. Smyrna @ 8:00

Looking forward to next year, the teams moving to 7AAA next year are Smyrna and lavergne and will be matched against Blackman, Oakland, Riverdale, and Siegel. Those District matches along with the very hard out of District matches they will play will keep the gyms full of partisons the whole season. It will finally require Lavergne and Smyrna to look at their seating arrangements for their games against the larger attendance schools if basketball in that end of the County is as strong as it seems. Playing the talent level is not an issue as bothof these schools are in the top 4 in one of the most competitive Districts in the State so those fans looking forward to some great matchups in the district and also see some great out of District play, will get their share of great Basketball, both men and women.

So the District is great for students wanting to attend games with a great atmosphere, with less travel and the need to get home to do home work and for other activities.

Congrats to Wilson Central for winning District 9AAA....they played like state champions tonight!! Jasmine Hassell had a monstrous game with 27 points and dominated the paint on both ends....

My "Lady Rines" finished third after making a great comeback against an always tough Mt. Juliet team.

Looks like the regional matchups will be as follows:

Wilson Central (1)- 9AAA vs. Henry County (4) 10AAA @ Wilson Central

Smyrna (2) 9AAA vs. Dickson (3) 10AAA @ Smyrna

LaVergne (3) 9AAA vs. Clarksville NE (2) 10AAA @ Clarksville NE

Mt. Juliet (4) 9AAA vs. Clarksville High (1) 10AAA @ Clarksville High

Let's go 9AAA!!!