Mt. Pleasant Tigers

66in74

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He (Player) told me he was down to 295.

Most websites have him as either #1 or #2 prospect out of the state of Tennessee his senior year.

I think he would have gotten the same press were he in Mt. Pleasant. The insinuation that some make that he is better off --football wise --at Ensworth is infuriating. He will come out of this experience with a high dollar education that impresses colleges and employers--and for that fact alone--I am willing to listen to the argument that he may be better where he is. We still miss him

I have just signed in to coach T, have heard so much from so many that have been on it for years, and after reading I thought I would sign up. After hearing so much written about MTP, especially when Marco was there I was curious on how they are coming post marco. Are the rebuilding or reloading this year. How are the prospects for this coming year looking. With the new schedule I guess it would be hard to know. MTP has over the past few years been on of the best around in 1A. Are they going to return to that level this year? I think the schedule would be in favor of MTP. Of course you have Wayne county to deal with. But Lewis from what I have read over the past few months is rebuilding, so not sure what you will get with them. They do have good coaching and they always seem to have a player or 2 emerge from no where. Any guesses on the record for MTP this coming season?

Good luck to all!

I would say 8-2 regular season, maybe make it to the 3rd round is a good prediction for the 2009 team.

i highly doubt it. they lost several seniors. AND got beat in the first round in 1A...there now gonna be playing 2a talent teams come playoffs. i exspect them to be bumped out in 1st round. but i hope they do well.

I think he would have gotten the same press were he in Mt. Pleasant. The insinuation that some make that he is better off --football wise --at Ensworth is infuriating. He will come out of this experience with a high dollar education that impresses colleges and employers--and for that fact alone--I am willing to listen to the argument that he may be better where he is. We still miss him

i say thats a false statement. lets think about marco. amazing player and in reality he did not get much press, not near as much as he deserved. i've heard different things as to why he wasnt getting much attention that may be the reason, but in general he went unoticed, because of being from a small school, big schools are scared to go after him.

i highly doubt it. they lost several seniors. AND got beat in the first round in 1A...there now gonna be playing 2a talent teams come playoffs. i exspect them to be bumped out in 1st round. but i hope they do well.

i say thats a false statement. lets think about marco. amazing player and in reality he did not get much press, not near as much as he deserved. i've heard different things as to why he wasnt getting much attention that may be the reason, but in general he went unoticed, because of being from a small school, big schools are scared to go after him.

Grades. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know it's been talked about alot on these boards..............but grades are more important now than ever.

This season will be very interesting. mTp won first place in the weight lifting competition this past Sat. They are very strong men. We have size and speed where needed. Should be some moving to different places. As for the AA teams, They will present some what of a threat, but we can take them.

One thing good for MTP, the 2AA that you have are weak teams. I think MTP can handle them. Loretto I believe hasn't won a game in a couple of years, in fact from what I remember even EHHS beat them for their first win at Loretto's field. They are rebuilding with the asst. from Lewis. Last year was his first. I believe MTP has some talent/athletes. Richland, not sure what have coming up this year. MTP should do well this year.

Good luck.

Can you read? He was like in every paper in middle Tennessee every weekend his senior year!. He was in several magazines and was the cover and main story of another.

They have a tough non region schedule with Lewis Co, Spring Hill and Cascade. Playing these three teams could Mt Pleasant could have one of the toughest schedules in 1A football. With the new region they still have Wayne Co, Collinwood, Perry Co and the other to deal with.

They did leave a good bit of seniors to graduation that started on both sides of the ball. Coaching staff seems to find a way to put the right kids in the right spots. They maybe young in '09 but should give these kids some good experience.

Marco speaks for himself at mTp. One of the best ball payers in TSSAA history and by far the best ever at MPHS. Be a long time before someone like him shows up again.

You have to remember too that come playoff time the big 2A schools will move up & play 3A in the playoffs. This will be a big advantage for mTp come playoff team.

Time will tell on what they have and what they will do in the '09 season. I know I am ready for spring ball and can not wait till kickoff time rolls around.