Siegel

boroman4now

you know i was thinking the same thing you know an awful lot about everything. i have been to some of the practices and wow coach reavis is gonna have a tough time with lineup. the people that you need in the lineup are for sure shaffer, robinson, and schloss. then i believe you keep pearson and fullerton and moore there as well and also dove and bartlett the last person i believe might be david at catcher. but if this is the case your gonna have people playing where they are not used to so what do you do?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know i was thinking the same thing you know an awful lot about everything. i have been to some of the practices and wow coach reavis is gonna have a tough time with lineup. the people that you need in the lineup are for sure shaffer, robinson, and schloss. then i believe you keep pearson and fullerton and moore there as well and also dove and bartlett the last person i believe might be david at catcher. but if this is the case your gonna have people playing where they are not used to so what do you do?

Sorry to any Siegel fans that I've offended - just being honest with my thoughts. You're right - Coach Reavis has quite a problem but it is a good one! Two deep at several positions if not all 9 is a good thing! I'm going to watch this one unfold and enjoy...

"Right here Right now"

I'm no coach but I would sacrifice defense for offense until whatevers going on gets fixed. Keep the big dogs swinging so their timing is sharp.

What's "going on" at Siegel? Thought they are powerful this year. Problems?

Hi "Hanna". Hope this finds you and yours well.

Things are starting to unfold for the team as we knew they would. Coach Reavis is "fine tuning" the boys.

Know this: Going through the fire builds character. It's painful but necessary to achieve your goals.

Take care.

GO STARS!!!

Hey Boroman4now - how should I take your first line? The question was asked - don't I have a right to answer and answer accurately (this is a message board for opinions, right)? Didn't mean to come off as a know-it-all but have limited knowledge on this and thought I'd share it. Did I give the wrong information - is it inacurate?

Now, I've thought about the lineup and agree with you on some fronts. MY THOUGHTS ONLY - Neil was playing 3rd some last couple of practices, Schloss and Fullerton were getting reps in the outfield. Question is how does Neil and his knees work at 3rd? If ok, then can you move Fullerton to the outfield till Schaffer gets out of rehab (after Schloss comes back)? I still think that Fullerton and Pearson will need to hit better to stay in the lineup - not a slam on them but it is a big step to Varsity. They both are comming around well - Pearson hit one out Thursday night and Fullerton had several clutch hits with runners in scoring position - and he can make you pay if you bobble the ball whith that speed! David looks good behind the plate but may have problems catching Watson so I'd give Prather the nod there. The rest you listed are looking good. This delima will all will be answered this week and boy it will be fun to watch! I'm depressed that I can't make the game today. I'll see if my "contacts" can keep me up on the skinny! Good luck Stars!

Hey Boroman4now - how should I take your first line? The question was asked - don't I have a right to answer and answer accurately (this is a message board for opinions, right)? Didn't mean to come off as a know-it-all but have limited knowledge on this and thought I'd share it. Did I give the wrong information - is it inacurate?

Now, I've thought about the lineup and agree with you on some fronts. MY THOUGHTS ONLY - Neil was playing 3rd some last couple of practices, Schloss and Fullerton were getting reps in the outfield. Question is how does Neil and his knees work at 3rd? If ok, then can you move Fullerton to the outfield till Schaffer gets out of rehab (after Schloss comes back)? I still think that Fullerton and Pearson will need to hit better to stay in the lineup - not a slam on them but it is a big step to Varsity. They both are comming around well - Pearson hit one out Thursday night and Fullerton had several clutch hits with runners in scoring position - and he can make you pay if you bobble the ball whith that speed! David looks good behind the plate but may have problems catching Watson so I'd give Prather the nod there. The rest you listed are looking good. This delima will all will be answered this week and boy it will be fun to watch! I'm depressed that I can't make the game today. I'll see if my "contacts" can keep me up on the skinny! Good luck Stars!

If you're involved with Siegel baseball, now would be a good time to pray for guidance.

Why is there no talk about Oakland??? Have they not won like 70 games the past two years. They are coming off of a state tournament appearance, and are the favorites in district 7 as long as Mack Hawks is the coach.

I know Siegel is suppossed to be good this year, and Coach Reavis is a great coach. However, Siegel has done nothing to merit all this preseason HYPE that I keep reading on here.

Good luck to all area athletes as they begin the season today

To put things in perspective we must rely on a satirical film with abstruse analogies that address the task at hand...

"In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again". "There will be growth in the spring".

Thy will be done

Go Stars!

Why is there no talk about Oakland??? Have they not won like 70 games the past two years. They are coming off of a state tournament appearance, and are the favorites in district 7 as long as Mack Hawks is the coach.

I know Siegel is suppossed to be good this year, and Coach Reavis is a great coach. However, Siegel has done nothing to merit all this preseason HYPE that I keep reading on here.

Good luck to all area athletes as they begin the season today

This is a Siegel thread...we don't like Oakland.

I don't care who you like or don't like.....just wondered why there isn't any talk about them

Sticks and stones brother. Give my regards to Southpaw. The journey East may ultimately culminate between an old priest and a young priest. And one other thing...I'm rubber and you're glue.

Have a nice day