Region 3 Champions - Bradley Central

Da Bears

That "other thread" was about FF because teams could not fill a roster. This is not that discussion at all.

It certainly is not fan friendly, but really is a strategy. I can see why those out of state teams were unhappy, but again, this is not that scenario either. The tournament director should address that strategy with teams before they commit to their tournament.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mr disney i am just curious--you are upset because cleveland forfeited out the last 3 matches--but yet bradley did the same against cookeville--did your son not want to wrestle the procter kid again??? why such a big stink because cleveland did the same as your coach--realize those matches would not count toward the final result and save their wrestlers from a chance of injury---and cleveland did forfeit out against walker valley--the final 3 matches--did your fans not want to see your kids wrestle against cookeville???---for a school that REFUSES to wrestle a private school 25 miles away and tells everyone that listens that is their right to wrestle who they want ---you all sure want to tell other coaches when they should wrestle their kids and even what wrestling building to wrestle in--seems like a double standard to me---bradley is a great great team--there is no doubting that --- but if you want nobody to question who you wrestle then please show the same kindness to other teams---or at least go tell your coach to not forfeit to cookeville so your son could have another shot at procter!!!!!

mr disney i am just curious--you are upset because cleveland forfeited out the last 3 matches--but yet bradley did the same against cookeville--did your son not want to wrestle the procter kid again??? why such a big stink because cleveland did the same as your coach--realize those matches would not count toward the final result and save their wrestlers from a chance of injury---and cleveland did forfeit out against walker valley--the final 3 matches--did your fans not want to see your kids wrestle against cookeville???---for a school that REFUSES to wrestle a private school 25 miles away and tells everyone that listens that is their right to wrestle who they want ---you all sure want to tell other coaches when they should wrestle their kids and even what wrestling building to wrestle in--seems like a double standard to me---bradley is a great great team--there is no doubting that --- but if you want nobody to question who you wrestle then please show the same kindness to other teams---or at least go tell your coach to not forfeit to cookeville so your son could have another shot at procter!!!!!

LOL....these two subjects are unrelated. DD has not control over which teams are scheduled, so taking him to task over that is not very valid. The rest of the argument seems reasonable, except that DD already said he sees why now.

Fair question. Josh was as ready for Procter as he was Garcia. Once again, no guarantee but he would have liked the opportunity to wrestle. Proctor is a TOUGH kid and who knows, he very well may have beat him again. He didn't feel that he wrestled his best the first time and was eager to wrestle. He did not prefer Coach Logsdon's decision but he understands it and RESPECTS his coach without questioning him. Now personally, I did not want to forfeit out. I felt that Cookeville drove 3 hours to wrestle, lets get it on. But, I understand and respect the coach's decision to do so, we typically do it alot in the state if we have a huge lead to prevent injury. IF, that was Coach E reasoning, I can understand that. However, usually doesn't happen from the losing team but the logic can be the same.

Now your private school question. Personally I would LOVE to wrestle Baylor and McCallie. Once again, I have close ties to both schools and would like to wrestle them. In fact, one Baylor parent and I have a close realtionship that we talk often about our kids and the teams and compare matchups against other schools. I coached middle school for awhile and developed rapport with McCallie and often speak and discuss with them when our paths cross. HOWEVER, I respect and understand the decision that was made by our staff several years ago. Apparently, the TSSAA has some logic to it since there are 2 divisions??

It was a bittersweet night, we had several family members that came to watch Josh wrestle and did not even get to see one match? Who would have thought that? The draw and circumstances just worked out perfectly that he did not even get on the mat. As a parent, it was frustrating but as a former coach and a fan, it was great from a team perspective. I think we'll take big wins and time you can get them! I hope I answered all your thoughts and questions. Keep in mind, this is my point of view, please don't assume that our staff feels the same way or group my thought as all of Bradley fans or parents. So don't hold this against any one else, thanks.

Certainly understand and commented during the Broadcast that it was obvious Josh wanted the rematch in the worst way. He showed the disappointment when the forfeit occured and thats a sign that he was ready to get it on. It is disappointing for him when he was so looking forward to it Im sure.

As you know I am aware that being close is tough. Hated the last two years of being tense and jacked up and wrestling every match in my gut while a son is on the mat.Its something thats hard to explain. Its a different and relaxing perspective now and easier for me to breath easier and watch without Knotted nerves. I know what you felt last night believe me.

You make a valid point about the WV match and not forfeiting. We also commented on the broadcast that we expected it to happen a few matches previous.

Also dont know if you recall two years ago but in the Region Duels Cleveland put in many jv guys in the finals rather than their starters. Travis usually wrestled Gage and they put in a first year guy. Think they did the same with Justin, Tanner and a few others. Go to the old scorebook and look at the lineup they inserted. Gave us a line up of backups. Im sure there was a strategy at the time but That was at BC two years ago in the Duels. Dont always agree(especially with opposing coaches)with strategy but their must have been some method to the madness.

One thing is likely...Josh will get his rematch possibly in the duels and quite surely in the individuals. He has had a great year and has a great shot to do some big damage in the next few weeks. You know that I am rooting for him to do just that. Would love to see his years of hard work and effort result in a team and individual championship!

If I dont see you best of luck in Clarksville. Bring home #18 for the black and gold!

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm sure we'll see ya around!

Certainly understand and commented during the Broadcast that it was obvious Josh wanted the rematch in the worst way. He showed the disappointment when the forfeit occured and thats a sign that he was ready to get it on. It is disappointing for him when he was so looking forward to it Im sure.

As you know I am aware that being close is tough. Hated the last two years of being tense and jacked up and wrestling every match in my gut while a son is on the mat.Its something thats hard to explain. Its a different and relaxing perspective now and easier for me to breath easier and watch without Knotted nerves. I know what you felt last night believe me.

You make a valid point about the WV match and not forfeiting. We also commented on the broadcast that we expected it to happen a few matches previous.

Also dont know if you recall two years ago but in the Region Duels Cleveland put in many jv guys in the finals rather than their starters. Travis usually wrestled Gage and they put in a first year guy. Think they did the same with Justin, Tanner and a few others. Go to the old scorebook and look at the lineup they inserted. Gave us a line up of backups. Im sure there was a strategy at the time but That was at BC two years ago in the Duels. Dont always agree(especially with opposing coaches)with strategy but their must have been some method to the madness.

One thing is likely...Josh will get his rematch possibly in the duels and quite surely in the individuals. He has had a great year and has a great shot to do some big damage in the next few weeks. You know that I am rooting for him to do just that. Would love to see his years of hard work and effort result in a team and individual championship!

If I dont see you best of luck in Clarksville. Bring home #18 for the black and gold!

Yes, you are right at the fact that we did put in jv guys at some point in our line-ups that year...But people didn't realized that year that we never had the same line-up all throughout the season as well. We had tons of injuries. The most that I had seen in my time of coaching. I can see both sides of the argument on this one. Yes, I was disappointed that there were some forfeits. But at the same time, this is the time of year where you try to get as many people to state as possible. And I know that Josh is upset and should be. But at the same time you gotta take a step back and look at the overall picture. At that point in the dual when it was out of hand, risk the rest of your guys from getting injured and/or DQ? Plus, the risk of Garcia losing his #2 seed. That in all is smart on Eslinger and his staff. So now, Disney will have to face Proctor in the semi's of region. But who's to say they(Garcia & Disney) won't meet up before that?

I dont question the strategy of Coach E. Did what he felt was right for his team. But I think the Garcia /Disney match up was irrelevant for seeding. 2,3 or 3,2 they would meet in the semis if they advance as Proctor would be number 1 on the other side of the bracket is that not correct? Proctor would have the number 4 guy on his side not the 2 or 3. Seeding would therefore not be a part of the strategy.

I dont question the strategy of Coach E. Did what he felt was right for his team. But I think the Garcia /Disney match up was irrelevant for seeding. 2,3 or 3,2 they would meet in the semis if they advance as Proctor would be number 1 on the other side of the bracket is that not correct? Proctor would have the number 4 guy on his side not the 2 or 3. Seeding would therefore not be a part of the strategy.

Touche my friend...Touche...