2009 & 2010 signee and commitments

mommamia

................in Basketball

Hint of sour grapes there stlbrd...............Louisville has only had a softball program for 10 years (as a lot of D1 women's college programs). Fact...they have already won chamionships in both Conference USA and the Big East Conference. Fact...They have built one of the best if not the best college softball stadiums according to the NCAA. Fact...They have gone to the NCAA tournament the last five years.

Sounds like a little jealously has reared its head.

I am still interested in knowing if this girl is just a junior or is the date listed a misprint?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few 2009 grads that I have heard have signed/committed from the Chattanooga Area:

Kristin Whitmire Ooltewah High School Austin Peay State University

Jessica Chernak Ooltewah High School Austin Peay State University

Both of these girls are very good players and will be an asset to Austin Peay. Congratuoltions to both of these young women.

Hint of sour grapes there stlbrd...............Louisville has only had a softball program for 10 years (as a lot of D1 women's college programs). Fact...they have already won chamionships in both Conference USA and the Big East Conference. Fact...They have built one of the best if not the best college softball stadiums according to the NCAA. Fact...They have gone to the NCAA tournament the last five years.

Sounds like a little jealously has reared its head.

I am still interested in knowing if this girl is just a junior or is the date listed a misprint?

She is in fact a junior and a very, very good pitcher. I am still trying to figure out how a (forty something) old man would be jealous of a little girl. I hope you meant I was jealous of Louisville (which I am not). Don't make this something it is not. I am happy for all of the girls who get a chance to play in college.

I absolutely think Louisville is a great university and it definitelly has a program on the rise. Remember, your the one who said it was a top 25 program. I didn't notice that in your little "Fact" list, did you do some checking this time?

• 3 months later...

She is in fact a junior and a very, very good pitcher. I am still trying to figure out how a (forty something) old man would be jealous of a little girl. I hope you meant I was jealous of Louisville (which I am not). Don't make this something it is not. I am happy for all of the girls who get a chance to play in college.

I absolutely think Louisville is a great university and it definitelly has a program on the rise. Remember, your the one who said it was a top 25 program. I didn't notice that in your little "Fact" list, did you do some checking this time?

I believe Louisville softball finished regular season ranked 17th in the nation and is awaiting an at large bid for the NCAA Tournament

The Cardinals have "won three conference championships and have earned five consecutive NCAA regional appearances including an at-large bid in the 2008 season" since the program started in 2000.

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/w-softbl/.../050109aab.html - a few facts from around mid April 2009

Not to mention the Softball team has been recognized for its academic achievements by the NCAA.

I believe Louisville softball finished regular season ranked 17th in the nation and is awaiting an at large bid for the NCAA Tournament

The Cardinals have "won three conference championships and have earned five consecutive NCAA regional appearances including an at-large bid in the 2008 season" since the program started in 2000.

http://www.uoflsports.com/sports/w-softbl/.../050109aab.html - a few facts from around mid April 2009

Not to mention the Softball team has been recognized for its academic achievements by the NCAA.

Louisville was ranked 17 before they played Notre Dame which they lost, but none the less were ranked 17th

CARALISA CONNELL 2010 SIEGEL HIGH PITCHER U OF LOUISVILLE

Is this right....class of 2010? If so and she has been offered and committed to a major D1 program, this is awsome. Louisville is now one of the top 25 programs in the country. Congratulations to her!

................in Basketball

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Somebody did...

Louisville was ranked 17 before they played Notre Dame which they lost, but none the less were ranked 17th

Top 25? Try top 20! And I predict, in the future, they're only gonna get better. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Who all has signed with colleges and who has given verbals? I heard Tia from Kenwood has signed with APSU and Hailey Elliot has given a verbal to an Arkansas school. Congrats to these two young ladies, anybody have any more?

From Coffee County we have 6:

Jessica Downs Maryville College

Shelby Davis Motlow College

Kristin Swan Motlow College

Christi Davis Vol State

Beth Davis Vol State

Leslie Keele Vol State /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />