District 13 AA

bballfan44

I like the confidence but you might be singing a different tune this time next year in AAA and i would not be surprised if ozmen bolts too. and who cares if they won a travel state championship cause Im sure not all of them go to dyer county.. before the last couple of years Dyer county was not very good so until you are a lexington, usj, jcs, team that is proven in west tn for more than a couple of years shut up.... I think its hilarious how good Dyer County fans think they are when their enrollment is 3-4 hundred more students than most in the district in a weak district... I hope dyersburg puts yall back down to earth

10 of 12 went to DyerCo.. beleive Dyer co. has won district 6 of 7 yr. and the coach's name is Ozment. he will stay ,he likes the challange. As for Dyersburg, they have a very good sophomore class, and will compete for 13AA district championships long after Dyer co. is gone to AAA

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the confidence but you might be singing a different tune this time next year in AAA and i would not be surprised if ozmen bolts too. and who cares if they won a travel state championship cause Im sure not all of them go to dyer county.. before the last couple of years Dyer county was not very good so until you are a lexington, usj, jcs, team that is proven in west tn for more than a couple of years shut up.... I think its hilarious how good Dyer County fans think they are when their enrollment is 3-4 hundred more students than most in the district in a weak district... I hope dyersburg puts yall back down to earth

Steppin' it up to 3A won't be THE reason if Coach P.O. DOES goes anywhere ! (Gotta agree DC on that one) I hoped against hope that he'd (Coach Ozment) stay til mine graduated ....... whew ! MADE IT ! Even though he's playing football @ the next level (no baseball too) I'm glad he had his years with P.O. ! As for the "before the last couple years" comment ........... well........... you don't go from "zero to hero" you GOTTA have a FIRST couple of years !

10 of 12 went to DyerCo.. beleive Dyer co. has won district 6 of 7 yr. and the coach's name is Ozment. he will stay ,he likes the challange. As for Dyersburg, they have a very good sophomore class, and will compete for 13AA district championships long after Dyer co. is gone to AAA

Coach OZMENT works 24/7/365 to make his team successful. last year as 8th graders he had them play JV and Varsity schedule in the summer to have them ready to contribute. i am proud my son plays for him. He will work his butt off to get a kid to the next level. if he leaves , it wont be because he moved up a class.

Coach OZMENT works 24/7/365 to make his team successful. last year as 8th graders he had them play JV and Varsity schedule in the summer to have them ready to contribute. i am proud my son plays for him. He will work his butt off to get a kid to the next level. if he leaves , it wont be because he moved up a class.

I am not discrediting him as a coach because I think he is top ten or top 5 in west tennessee. I know he turned you guys around but you also have to look at the number of students you have.. You have a lot more kids to choose from where gibson,westview, crockett, and milan have at least 200 less students to pick from. Dyer county should be good in 2A every year considering that dyersburg is really the only other "above average" team in the district.. I just think dyer county is a level below the elite 2A teams in tennessee on a yearly basis(usj, lexington, david lipscomb, etc.) but dont get me wrong dc is a good ball club but not ungodly. You put them in the dustrict with bolivar, lexington, and southside last year dc would have not gone to region.

I am not discrediting him as a coach because I think he is top ten or top 5 in west tennessee. I know he turned you guys around but you also have to look at the number of students you have.. You have a lot more kids to choose from where gibson,westview, crockett, and milan have at least 200 less students to pick from. Dyer county should be good in 2A every year considering that dyersburg is really the only other "above average" team in the district.. I just think dyer county is a level below the elite 2A teams in tennessee on a yearly basis(usj, lexington, david lipscomb, etc.) but dont get me wrong dc is a good ball club but not ungodly. You put them in the dustrict with bolivar, lexington, and southside last year dc would have not gone to region.

Dc has been in the state tourney 02, (only four teams made it) 04, and 07 Bolivar has been 1 time, southside maybe never, DC is 2 and 2 and 1 vs. USJ (give credit where credit is due) I dont think their enrollment has anything to do with it ------------ Munford won the state in 91(AAA) and only had 1000 bartlett (2007) 1300 students. where most 3aaas have 1700 or more. They are just a consistent program for the last 7 years nothing great but very respectable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does'nt Dyer County have some players from that Dyersburg Venom team.

Man that team was good. I think they won like 3 state championships a few

years back. What ever happened to all them players. Did they wind up going

to dyersburg or Dyer County.

Does'nt Dyer County have some players from that Dyersburg Venom team.

Man that team was good. I think they won like 3 state championships a few

years back. What ever happened to all them players. Did they wind up going

to dyersburg or Dyer County.

The Venom was a really good team. That group are for the most part sophomores. When the different leagues changed their age limits, most of the kids on that team stayed down, instead of playing with their on grade. About half went to Dyersburg and the other half went to Dyer Co.