District 13 AA

bballfan44

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig Fields against Gleason, one hitter, complete game. Gleason is very much improved over past years, I'm glad they will do some winning this year, good kids. The two big sophomores C. Coleman, and M. Anderson pitched against Dresden,doing a very good job. Milan never plays in the tournament that opens the season, they always play Gleason first game, and usually play Dresden first week also. Why break a tradition? But they have talent this year, believe that, and that 3,4,5 is going to be stout for ANY team out there. Good luck Dawgs

While I am sure Gleason is better than in the past Monday had to do with one player - the pitcher. When you have someone like him on the mound you don't need much defense. While the starter was pitching I guessing he was striking out 70% of our guys so they didn't have to play a lot of defense. I don't know the name of the kid but he really did throw a good game until he got tired in the 6th.

Craig did throw a very good game for the first time out. Wish he wouldn't have had to throw as many pitches but he is used to carrying a pretty heavy load. He kept most everyone off balance with their only run coming off a leadoff walk, a couple of past balls and then a flare down the right field line.

While I am sure Gleason is better than in the past Monday had to do with one player - the pitcher. When you have someone like him on the mound you don't need much defense. While the starter was pitching I guessing he was striking out 70% of our guys so they didn't have to play a lot of defense. I don't know the name of the kid but he really did throw a good game until he got tired in the 6th.

Craig did throw a very good game for the first time out. Wish he wouldn't have had to throw as many pitches but he is used to carrying a pretty heavy load. He kept most everyone off balance with their only run coming off a leadoff walk, a couple of past balls and then a flare down the right field line.

who did dresden throw against yal?

Agreed, that Gleason kid sure did throw a dandy.Your right tho, he ran outta gas, and they left him in a tad bit too long, but a very strong start non the less. I'll have to look his name up. I think Craig said he threw 85 which is a lil high for a first start, but I think he had 6 games over 90 pitches last year. I am thrilled to see Jon White helping out this year, I think the guys really took to him well, and that he can really help them develop some pitches. I know he helped Craig with his change up tremendously. Good luck Dawgs

who did dresden throw against yal?

i think the kids name was Deardon..? started the game. Not sure if that is right though. Then a side arm slinger came in for the last inning. Didn't catch his name. Tell ya what tho, that catcher, Evans is it?..he is a hoss, sweet bat, good D, nice looking player there.

i think the kids name was Deardon..? started the game. Not sure if that is right though. Then a side arm slinger came in for the last inning. Didn't catch his name. Tell ya what tho, that catcher, Evans is it?..he is a hoss, sweet bat, good D, nice looking player there.

if its who it was last year its matt battey(spell on last name) he is a pretty solid player