The Grave Digger gets pin!

In Hoc Signo Vinces

This is what I saw on the TSSAA website is this true that Cash pinned Duncan, if so then wow. Can anyone at teh match tell me if it was a"lucky pin" or just Cash dominating him?

Cash was in deep on a double leg for what would have been his 5th or 6th takedown if I remember right. Cash got Duncan in the air and slapped in a half on the way down. Definitely nothing lucky about it. Cash controlled the match from start to finish scoring on his double and ankle pick.

This is what I saw on the TSSAA website is this true that Cash pinned Duncan, if so then wow. Can anyone at teh match tell me if it was a"lucky pin" or just Cash dominating him?

In Hoc----I believe you should edit this topic from" The Grave Digger Gets Pin" to " The Grave Digger Gets Pinned".

As ghouse notes it was no lucky pin. I got to the gym just after the match ended and that was all the buzz----everyone I talked to said that Cash controlled the match from the start------the word I heard used most often was "dominated".

The TSSAA results have the pin at 4:59.

In Hoc----I believe you should edit this topic from" The Grave Digger Gets Pin" to " The Grave Digger Gets Pinned".

As ghouse notes it was no lucky pin. I got to the gym just after the match ended and that was all the buzz----everyone I talked to said that Cash controlled the match from the start------the word I heard used most often was "dominated".

The TSSAA results have the pin at 4:59.

That is a good word to describe it. What that match really comes down to is that they are both at their best on their feet... Cash is just better there. It is really the difference between an upper-level senior and an upper-level sophomore.

Buck, feel free to give me a shout tomorrow. I would like to put a face with the name.

guess the gravedigger wont be burying any other "red" mock headgears this year.

looks like BA's got a new sheriff in town at 145...with state champion already on his "red" badge!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

guess the gravedigger wont be burying any other "red" mock headgears this year.

looks like BA's got a new sheriff in town at 145...with state champion already on his "red" badge!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well, Duncan probably wrestles 140 at state. Kudos to Justin Cash, he wrestled well. He simply wrestles whoever gets sent out by the other team, and then outwrestles them. Ghouse, in fairness to Justin, I don't think there is a "sophomore/senior" angle here, just as there has not been for Justin in the past several years, or for that matter any other wrestler...it just "is what it is"...Duncan wrestled well, good luck to him, and good luck to all today.

Well, Duncan probably wrestles 140 at state. Kudos to Justin Cash, he wrestled well. He simply wrestles whoever gets sent out by the other team, and then outwrestles them. Ghouse, in fairness to Justin, I don't think there is a "sophomore/senior" angle here, just as there has not been for Justin in the past several years, or for that matter any other wrestler...it just "is what it is"...Duncan wrestled well, good luck to him, and good luck to all today.

No, Navy, there could be a sophomore/senior angle there...

No, Navy, there could be a sophomore/senior angle there...

My point is simply that if a sophomore wins, then he wins, if a senior wins, well....And of course there can be that angle. The wrestlers wrestle, there is a winner and a loser, they are gladiators, proud of both sides...give credit where credit is due...

My point is simply that if a sophomore wins, then he wins, if a senior wins, well....And of course there can be that angle. The wrestlers wrestle, there is a winner and a loser, they are gladiators, proud of both sides...give credit where credit is due...

When did I not?

I agree. If Duncan would have been a senior, I believe he could have fought the pen like Austell.

This has nothing to do with TJ, he is terrific and I wish him well. this is generic...I believe a great wrestler who is a sophomore who has wrestled varsity for awhile knows what he is doing. Sometimes, you get caught. End of the story. Sometimes seniors get caught, who have the same or less experience than a sophomore or freshmen. Qualifiers like this sound like a reason that the result could have been different if something else had happened, like weren't feeling well, if he had started wrestling in the second grade instead of the third, and so on. Let the results happen, and applaud the effort.