Better enjoy it....

BayouBear

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate that. Simply, I just got defensive because I feel like without wrestling and Coach Jordan, I wouldn't be where I'm at right now (though we won't blame him for my lesser qualities, he definitely had a hand in my better ones). I'm nothing if not brutally loyal. But I did get carried away and I shouldn't have.

I was always a fan of Travis and to be honest kind of admired him (I could relate because it was obvious he felt the pressures I did of achieving in school and wrestling, though he did the former a little better and the latter way better). What're his plans after Columbia?

Obviuously Coach Jordan has meant a great deal to you. We can relate. Coach Logsdon has had a tremendously positive impact on both Michael and Travis. Much greater than just the wrestling knowledge imparted. Sounds like you feel just as strongly. Thats a sign of a good Coach.

Travis right now is looking at Sports Medicine or Physical Therapy. However I do like Lovin its suggestion that he make his parents rich someday. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Travis right now is looking at Sports Medicine or Physical Therapy. However I do like Lovin its suggestion that he make his parents rich someday. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Word from the bald headed bistro... heard your (insurance) agent J Waddell was working on a 7 figure streamcaster deal for the 09-10 wrestling season, any truth to the rumor?

Personally, IMHO, I would like to see a 16 team tourney based off of strength rankings. I'll elaborate. If you have a good team like Bradley they will wrestle anyone that gives them a challenge. If you are a good team in a weak region I do not believe you should get a free ride to the Duals. When I was in high school (At Rhea Co.) my junior year we were 20-7 and finished 4th in the region (came in last in a 3 way tie Rhea-Cleveland-Cookeville for 2nd) my senior year we were 4th again I believe; with a record of 21-5. I strongly believe, had we been anywhere other then the glorious powerhouse of region 3, we would have went to the state duals (not that we were one of the elite teams in the state; just trying to prove a point). I'm not complaining a bit. We lost fair and square. My point is that with the strength rankings it would force teams to wrestle outside of their region to get a legit shot at the duals. Teams like Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy, Ooltewah, and possibly even Walker Valley and Cookeville should be left at home. With the strength rankings the best teams would go because they had wrestled the best teams in the state.

AGAIN THIS IS MY HUMBLE OPINION ON A SOLUTION!

And who would be the Grand Poohpah to choose the list of 16? The whiners from Chattanoga/Cleveland?