Better enjoy it....

BayouBear

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that would not work for you.....LOL......

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No I'm not his daddy, I'm just another Clarksville High wrestler that graduated, graduated a year ahead of Mr. Dial, which gives me wisdom beyond his years. Haha that and I live in Chattanooga and don't want to see another Clarksville High wrestler or coach getting quoted in the local paper in a less than glorious light.

Do you know of a good place in Chattanooga,,,where a guy can get a buffalo burger?

CC

being a fan of chattanooga area wrestling, i would love to see all 3 of those teams go...but you can look at it that way, or you can look at it like an established program has to take their shots where they can, and if they are trying to get to the state duals, to come and wrestle hard at region. Ask anyone at Cleveland, Bradley, or Soddy how much 2nd place means to them at the state duals and i guarantee you it's not even close to 1st.

This also gives smaller up and coming programs a chance to build up some tradition and fan base. If newer teams show up and compete and get better, than they just help the teams that are already powerhouses improve. In the end, an Independence turns into a Bradley, or a Cleveland turns into a Blair Academy. TN wrestling as a whole improves if you can get these smaller programs experience and show them what top of the line wrestling is all about.

We can also say that these teams are already favored by the location of the traditional state tournament, so why shouldn't other teams in different areas gain an advantage every now and then?

being a fan of chattanooga area wrestling, i would love to see all 3 of those teams go...but you can look at it that way, or you can look at it like an established program has to take their shots where they can, and if they are trying to get to the state duals, to come and wrestle hard at region. Ask anyone at Cleveland, Bradley, or Soddy how much 2nd place means to them at the state duals and i guarantee you it's not even close to 1st.

This also gives smaller up and coming programs a chance to build up some tradition and fan base. If newer teams show up and compete and get better, than they just help the teams that are already powerhouses improve. In the end, an Independence turns into a Bradley, or a Cleveland turns into a Blair Academy. TN wrestling as a whole improves if you can get these smaller programs experience and show them what top of the line wrestling is all about.

We can also say that these teams are already favored by the location of the traditional state tournament, so why shouldn't other teams in different areas gain an advantage every now and then?

Here is a youth soccer league that is all about fair......maybe Tn. wrestling can adopt this model for the betterment of the sport.

Mission Statement

FFPS is a 501©3 Non-Profit Charitable Corporation to develop youth soccer leagues with special rules and extensive training given to ensure a maximum of Fun, Fairness, Self-esteem building, Success and a Positive experience in which Positive behavior and Positive values can be realized for every player and the parent are Positive Fans "For the Kids."

FUN:

5-A-Side soccer allows everyone to get the ball many times which makes soccer more fun and learning faster. It's a soccer format that comes from a South American version, Salon Football, Meaning "soccer in a small area" developed in the early 1930's. Thirteen million play 5 aside in South America today!

BENEFITS:

Allows for more player involvement thus more fun

Manageable group for more attention per player.

FAIR:

All players rotate to each position and every player plays EQUALLY each game. We use a specially designed "Equal Substitution System" to guarantee this. Also, FFPS has no tryouts or all-star teams and all teams are balanced.

BENEFITS:

Fair to each player

Fair opportunity for every team

Positive:

Both coaches are allowed on the field to use positive coaching and provide a safe environment by enforcing the rules with the proper discretion in a cooperative way. FFPS standards are very high for coaches as well as parents. We do not allow any derogatory comments or persistent yelling that would belittle, distract or embarrass players. We ask that if you must yell you Use encouragement!!! Better yet, relax, enjoy, and "LET THE KIDS PLAY!" It's for their fun!! If you use the words, Go, Good, Great, or Nice at the beginning of a sentence or phrase you'll always be a positive parent. i.e. Good Kick! Good Dribble! Nice Shot! Go Tigers!

BENEFITS:

A positive experience for every player, no matter what their past experience or abilities. and enables parents to give encouragement, to ignore the mistakes and enjoy their child's playing.

Gain an advantage? Advantages should be earned through a wrestling program doing all it can at every level to reach the highest levels. It should not be legislated. You people act as if someone gives these programs (Soddy Daisy, Bradley, Cleveland, Ooltewah, Walker Valley) what they have achieved. And now, even if they have done the work, the state has stacked the deck against them so that one, two, or three of the top teams in the State can't attend? I'm not surprised that some other fans across the state enjoy this and think it's a real hoot. What does surprise me is that some of you actually try to defend it using any twisted logic that happens to fit your needs at this particular moment. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

How can you claim to be the best if you can't beat the best!

Do you think the teams you listed above just walked out on the mat and started winning? They have worked for years to get where they are now, and because they have done so well we should slap them in the face. Maybe we should put a limit on how many State Championships a team can win.

Bradley football has not done so well in the past few years, maybe we can work it out so they can go to state and some of these other teams that have already won could stay home.

How can you claim to be the best if you can't beat the best!

Do you think the teams you listed above just walked out on the mat and started winning? They have worked for years to get where they are now, and because they have done so well we should slap them in the face. Maybe we should put a limit on how many State Championships a team can win.

Bradley football has not done so well in the past few years, maybe we can work it out so they can go to state and some of these other teams that have already won could stay home.

Well put LovinIt

Liq-Nit,,,,Programs getting better must come from within/ locally. Feeder programs,,coaching,,parental support are just a few core areas that lead to a successful/ top level program. And it doesn't take a ton of money to develop a solid program,,,,Tullahoma is a prime example of how a structured system; great coaching, and great parents have produced a hand full of great wrestlers and a respected program: Welsh,,Cleveland,,Sweeny,,Quick. 20-25 years ago there was no interest,, no youth or middle school program,,,no real wrestling coach, etc... The solution is internal just like most everything in life.

Disclaimer: My views and opinions in no way reflect the views and opinions of the great people of Tullahoma. I was the worst 155lber the school has ever known

CC

Okay, if we're gonna insinuate, let's get out the axe.

Based on next year's alignment and some silly wild arsed guesses, here is the hypothetical field for next year:

I will go from region one on down:

Science Hill

Jefferson County

Knox Halls

Knox Karns

South Doyle

Cookeville

Cleveland

Bradley Central

Blackman

Mt. Juliet

Independence

Brentwood

Hendersonville

Clarksville

Cordova

Collierville

Strangely absent from the field: Soddy-Daisy, Ooltewah, Walker Valley, Tullahoma

Okay, let's do it-who stays, who goes? What teams get chopped so these four can get in?