Greenback - 41, Pigeon Forge - 6

MakoRevised

Guest HSballFan

Good job Friday Greenback Football. Blowout is not the term I would use. As for the "destroyment" part, do not get to cocky now. Keep in mind that Pigeon Forge got beat by a bunch of JV players from Maryville. And for the rest of the season, hopefully you will play someone that is hard. Not dismissing your schedule, but it has been a little leniant(spelling) over the years. Do not even deny it. If you make as far as you did last year, be prepared for Cloudland...again. Byrd is a machine. He's the "Cody Long" of Cloudland, if not more. From what I hear, it will be hard for your defense to take stop him. Trae Helton and Austin James are amazing as well. Sophomore and Junior combination. The future is bright. And you might want to try some challenging teams next year. Good Job GHS.

Posted by HSballFan:

Good job Friday Greenback Football. Blowout is not the term I would use. As for the "destroyment" part, do not get to cocky now. Keep in mind that Pigeon Forge got beat by a bunch of JV players from Maryville. And for the rest of the season, hopefully you will play someone that is hard. Not dismissing your schedule, but it has been a little leniant(spelling) over the years. Do not even deny it. If you make as far as you did last year, be prepared for Cloudland...again. Byrd is a machine. He's the "Cody Long" of Cloudland, if not more. From what I hear, it will be hard for your defense to take stop him. Trae Helton and Austin James are amazing as well. Sophomore and Junior combination. The future is bright. And you might want to try some challenging teams next year. Good Job GHS.

"Destroyment"/Blowout probably isn't the term to use, you're correct. However, we did play a quality game, with very few mistakes. As for the schedule, hey, it's not up to me, but I guess we'll see if/when Greenback goes into the deep rounds of the playoffs. I'm confident in our abilities this year, and I think we'll surprise some people. But our focus right now is next week, not the end of October, mid-November, etc, and I think we all realize that.

--Kemple

Go 'Kees

Posted by HSballFan: