Lake Co and Union City

Rebel1982

Good players get in position to take those charges....How many times has Lake County's players and coach seen Ryne Simpson over the last four years??....Looks to me someone (Maybe the head coach??) would give the players a heads-up to keep an eye on Simpson and be aware of where he is on the court....

He's a good player and doesn't mind taking a charge..But he's also good at flopping !I thought maybe the short white official must hang out with Simpson..I wouldn't have made some of those calls for my brother !But he did make some big shots that got Union City close toward the end of the game

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good players get in position to take those charges....How many times has Lake County's players and coach seen Ryne Simpson over the last four years??....Looks to me someone (Maybe the head coach??) would give the players a heads-up to keep an eye on Simpson and be aware of where he is on the court....

You would think that wouldn't you. Oh well.

You came to this conclusion after watching one game? I don't agree with everything Coach Whitby does but I will show him respect. This was one of the most disrespectful post I have ever read from someone who knows nothing about Lake County basketball. Winning 800+ games is not an easy task for any coach. So stick to Dyer County basketball and be vocal about that.

And reading the posts about what has gone on in about every single game of the year.......I will amend this so you don't cry........I AM VERY WELL AWARE WINNING 800 IS NOT AN EASY TASK.....kudos to him on that. I watched him coach for many years at another school /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> The coaching in that game made NO sense to me.....or maybe he did try to do something different and the players took it into there own hands....if that is the case they should have been yanked out of that game. Mind you there were actually LC people surrounding me along with HB people that were saying the same thing about him not using Avery. How many times did he actually touch the ball???? I could be wrong about this...won't be the first and won't be the last. Just think he just might could have helped LC's game....sorry to interrupt people.....carry on.

And reading the posts about what has gone on in about every single game of the year.......I will amend this so you don't cry........I AM VERY WELL AWARE WINNING 800 IS NOT AN EASY TASK.....kudos to him on that. I watched him coach for many years at another school /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> The coaching in that game made NO sense to me.....or maybe he did try to do something different and the players took it into there own hands....if that is the case they should have been yanked out of that game. Mind you there were actually LC people surrounding me along with HB people that were saying the same thing about him not using Avery. How many times did he actually touch the ball???? I could be wrong about this...won't be the first and won't be the last. Just think he just might could have helped LC's game....sorry to interrupt people.....carry on.

I don't really think you could say or do anything that would make me cry...but back to the game. I don't what his coaching strategies were for this game or any game. I sometimes question things he does but with all this man is going through right now and to still be coaching...he has my respect.

Well I'll say it...I think Whitby has gone off his rocker...after reading through this all season long and seeing them play the other night and witnessing one of the most blatant examples of misuse of a player in Avery...I have just come to that conclusion. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't care if he has won 800 games...what I saw had me scratching me head.....best of luck the rest of the season.

I have to agree with Chis on this on. This is a very disrespectful post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WHITBY HAS GONE THROUGH OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS. I'm not even goin to get into his personal life but take it from me it takes a big man to deal with that and win games. So you might think that Lake County isn't that good but i would bet the farm that humboldt would make dyer county look the very same way or worse if they matchup against each other. And i know that you don't care about his 800 PLUS wins that he has accumilated over his life time but he is second only to pat summit in tennessee in wins. That speaks volumes in itself. So do me a favor and talk about something you know about like Dyer co. And fred your favorite player and leave Lake County basketball (Witch is something you know nothing about) Alone. At least I made my comments about dc after watching them six times this year. And walkin away with the same feeling. I can expect a reply from beavo but this is not for you it is for the person that made this stupid statement. After reading this comment I THINK YOUR OFF YOUR ROCKER..............

Maybe he didn't want to let humboldt plan for lake county in the reginal. I seen something that could work against them in the finals. Maybe that is why he is the coach and people like you are not. PEACE

Maybe he didn't want to let humboldt plan for lake county in the reginal. I seen something that could work against them in the finals. Maybe that is why he is the coach and people like you are not. PEACE

Good god 007.....take a dang chill pill. I don't know what the man is going through and if it is something with his health or personal life I do apologize...I don't give a dang if you have seen DC play 6 or 7 times...you feel the need to comment on everything they do or don't do....I am NOT the ONLY one that alluded to him not using Avery......pot meet friggin kettle. Tell you what...stay off the DC's threads and I'll sure to heck stay off your's....no skin off my back with this one....more than happy to stay off your posts....oh GOOD LUCK to your team......I'm big enough I can say sorry if I offended anyone....sorry Whitby...sorry fans. ARE YOU BIG enough to drag your butt over to the DC boards and apologize for ALL THE DISRESPECTFUL crap you have said throughout the year??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Good god 007.....take a dang chill pill. I don't know what the man is going through and if it is something with his health or personal life I do apologize...I don't give a dang if you have seen DC play 6 or 7 times...you feel the need to comment on everything they do or don't do....I am NOT the ONLY one that alluded to him not using Avery......pot meet friggin kettle. Tell you what...stay off the DC's threads and I'll sure to heck stay off your's....no skin of my back with this one.

007 doesn't play when you say off his rocker. I know your not thrilled with avery pos. But he is a wing player. That is what he has always played his whole career. Why would it change now? Avery will be fine on any spot on the floor. If you want to comment on a play how about this one, I dont like the way cj is used on offence. If he doesn't drive the lane he is a liability on offence and so is Fred. Neither have a shot that even their confendent in taking. So since they have a problem with their shot they might need to play post with Credic.

Good god 007.....take a dang chill pill. I don't know what the man is going through and if it is something with his health or personal life I do apologize...I don't give a dang if you have seen DC play 6 or 7 times...you feel the need to comment on everything they do or don't do....I am NOT the ONLY one that alluded to him not using Avery......pot meet friggin kettle. Tell you what...stay off the DC's threads and I'll sure to heck stay off your's....no skin off my back with this one....more than happy to stay off your posts....oh GOOD LUCK to your team......I'm big enough I can say sorry if I offended anyone....sorry Whitby...sorry fans. ARE YOU BIG enough to drag your butt over to the DC boards and apologize for ALL THE DISRESPECTFUL crap you have said throughout the year??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

One of the most avid Lake County fans on these boards has been more critical of Whitby than anybody....and when I say critical I MEAN CRITICAL!!!!!!!!!! I don't think it's bigster though....But, I know I have read it on here many times.....nobody ever says a word about that......except the Union City fans...and they are in agreement with the criticism. The old double standard at work again.......happens alot on here...don't you think?

I don't really think you could say or do anything that would make me cry...but back to the game. I don't what his coaching strategies were for this game or any game. I sometimes question things he does but with all this man is going through right now and to still be coaching...he has my respect.

Do not screw around with chis824. She is my homie and don't forget it. Plus she is able to take up for herself but i thought i would help out anyway.

007 doesn't play when you say off his rocker. I know your not thrilled with avery pos. But he is a wing player. That is what he has always played his whole career. Why would it change now? Avery will be fine on any spot on the floor. If you want to comment on a play how about this one, I dont like the way cj is used on offence. If he doesn't drive the lane he is a liability on offence and so is Fred. Neither have a shot that even their confendent in taking. So since they have a problem with their shot they might need to play post with Credic.

CJ sure hasn't had a problem banging those 3's here lately /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> and Fred usually puts up double digits every game....I think things may have been played differently if Cedarius hadn't been hurt with a knee injury. Off the rocker obviously wasn't the best phrase to use...said it once, say it again ...I do apologize LC fans and Whitby.......are you big enough to do the same??????? You cut our team down ALL season alluded to the "R" word and other things we take great offense too...but I guess that is okay. Made fun of our players....but that is okay /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" adsmom don't play that crap either.

Do not screw around with chis824. She is my homie and don't forget it. Plus she is able to take up for herself but i thought i would help out anyway.

I don't care who she is...have no problem with her. Don't even go there with me.....seriously....and don't YOU forget it. I don't play redneck games....and I sure to heck don't take to threats real well....and you best believe I can certainly take care of myself.