Unicoi Upset by South Greene!

lastyear21

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is more evidence of why no one from upper east TN will ever get past region 2AA and go to the Boro. The lack of decent competition makes it impossible to improve over the course of a season.

If they wanted decent competion, they could schedule some tough non-conference games. Unicoi does the same thing every year. OF course they are usually the best in the conference, and they nevver really have any tough non-conference games. This hypes them up more than needed and get them ranked in state because of the record alone. Then it all ends at substate.

unicoi has played 5 AAA teams and 2 6 A teams from florida this year. play similar non conference games to what you guys play. u played unaka, cloudland and north greene.. impressive. unaka beat south greene and cloudland beat u twice so i wouldnt knock them too bad.. i think u have to give unicoi credit for what they have accomplished. losing a tough game at south greene in overtime doesnt take away from that

Unicoi will be fine. Everyone is gunning for them in District 1. When it's all said and done there will be a rematch between Unicoi and Rutledge/Grainger in the Region 1 tournament to see who gets a slightly easier time with a home game between the Knoxville schools...because it's going to be hard to beat either one regardless of the location.

This is more evidence of why no one from upper east TN will ever get past region 2AA and go to the Boro. The lack of decent competition makes it impossible to improve over the course of a season.

Unicoi is over-rated, and has been for about the past 3-4 years. BUT in their defense, losing in OT at South Greene wouldn't worry me too much. The refs are horrible. Not bad, but biased. I mean the let the girls players physicaly assult opposing players. They have already ended the seasons of 3 or 4 plyers this year.

Unicoi is over-rated, and has been for about the past 3-4 years. BUT in their defense, losing in OT at South Greene wouldn't worry me too much. The refs are horrible. Not bad, but biased. I mean the let the girls players physicaly assult opposing players. They have already ended the seasons of 3 or 4 plyers this year.

they refs werent bias at all... they were bad both ways and unicoi girls got the win so... and the unicoi guys dont need to worry but its just and upset that shouldnt have happened.

overrated and have been for 3-4 years??? 3 conf titles, 3 district titles, 3 sub state berths, 3 hardees classic championships and 1 regional title during that span. i can see where u would think that..find another team in district 1 or 2 with that kind of success in any classification??

has gone like 14 -1 against AAA teams with a 5 point loss to science hill. ask those teams how over rated the devils are.

lost an ot game on the road to a very good team. it happens..no they have not advanced past sub state but if u know ANYTHING about basketball u would know there is a huge gap between knoxville basketball and this area.. knox fulton and ae get there every year for a reason.

SG is 15-9 overall and 10-3 in the conference. You might want to give them a few props. This might not have been as much an upset you let on. Their kids deserve some credit!

i agree. south greene deserves alot of props for playing with alot of heart for the entire game on their senior night. they wanted to win and they did win. They are tied for second place with johnson county in the conference right now and play them on saturday. winner will be second and loser will either be 3rd or 4th (according to how the johnson county - happy valley game turns out next monday). /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />