Upperman @ Livingston Academy - 2/13/09

one2watch

I hate hearing all this stuff about that wasn't livingston that played the first game. Was chase dunn and crew not on the court? i was there and i'm sure i seen them all playing. Now i don't doubt they played a bad game but don't say that was a different team, or it wasn't the real livingston. true they didn't play to their abitity but it was the same kids on the court that run other teams out of the gym... right?? anyone who knows a thing about basketball or sports in general knows that night in and night out you gotta play. this same livingston team was pushed to the wire last year when they faced upperman in the district championship. so they knew going in to that game what they were facing. the same goes for the remarks made saying that upperman only squeaked by macon co, therefore livingston will kill upperman. this is true they were fortunate to get the win, but when you start comparing stats and who beats who by how much your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. if you feel there is credibility in those kind of statements then you are saying that macon co should beat livingston???? i mean after all upperman did barely beat macon, but beat livingston by 12. i along with anyone else that has a brain knows that would never happen this year. (i haven't heard anyone say it about macon co. yet but upperman fans could make the excuse, "oh well we played the night before so we were tired. or after the livingston game they may say"well that's our third game this week and we had no energy left") These are the excuses that i hate hearing and you won't hear me say that if we get blown out friday night.(which with livingstons depth could happen) i just get tired of hearing people make excuses, saying we played bad, or the refs were terrible. Upperman flat outplayed livingston the first meeting(only a fool would not agree). does this mean that upperman is the better team???? NO. it means upperman was the better team on that night. i have seen and know the loads of talent on that livingston squad. And even though i am a bee fan i have to say that livingston to me is still the team to beat in this district as well as the region. As far as the game tomorrow night, Upperman better come prepared and rested up. They have been playing really well lately and i look for this game to be a good one as well, as long as they stay with livingston in the first quarter. UHS can't afford to let LA jump out on the early or they could be off to the races. As i have said before, and i still feel, that Uppermans starting five is just as talented as LA. However, when the bench play comes into effect it's a different story. LA is deep and hardly drops off at all when the subs come in. just my own opinions, i love this time of year for high school basketball. oh and isn't it getting repititious seeing LA and UHS every year (boys and girls) dueling it out for top spots in 7AA. good luck to both and no matter what, i want 7AA to make a statement in region tournament and represented by two teams in the BORO!!! GOOD LUCK ALL.

You must really love to hear yourself TYPE!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate hearing all this stuff about that wasn't livingston that played the first game. Was chase dunn and crew not on the court? i was there and i'm sure i seen them all playing. Now i don't doubt they played a bad game but don't say that was a different team, or it wasn't the real livingston. true they didn't play to their abitity but it was the same kids on the court that run other teams out of the gym... right?? anyone who knows a thing about basketball or sports in general knows that night in and night out you gotta play. this same livingston team was pushed to the wire last year when they faced upperman in the district championship. so they knew going in to that game what they were facing. the same goes for the remarks made saying that upperman only squeaked by macon co, therefore livingston will kill upperman. this is true they were fortunate to get the win, but when you start comparing stats and who beats who by how much your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. if you feel there is credibility in those kind of statements then you are saying that macon co should beat livingston???? i mean after all upperman did barely beat macon, but beat livingston by 12. i along with anyone else that has a brain knows that would never happen this year. (i haven't heard anyone say it about macon co. yet but upperman fans could make the excuse, "oh well we played the night before so we were tired. or after the livingston game they may say"well that's our third game this week and we had no energy left") These are the excuses that i hate hearing and you won't hear me say that if we get blown out friday night.(which with livingstons depth could happen) i just get tired of hearing people make excuses, saying we played bad, or the refs were terrible. Upperman flat outplayed livingston the first meeting(only a fool would not agree). does this mean that upperman is the better team???? NO. it means upperman was the better team on that night. i have seen and know the loads of talent on that livingston squad. And even though i am a bee fan i have to say that livingston to me is still the team to beat in this district as well as the region. As far as the game tomorrow night, Upperman better come prepared and rested up. They have been playing really well lately and i look for this game to be a good one as well, as long as they stay with livingston in the first quarter. UHS can't afford to let LA jump out on the early or they could be off to the races. As i have said before, and i still feel, that Uppermans starting five is just as talented as LA. However, when the bench play comes into effect it's a different story. LA is deep and hardly drops off at all when the subs come in. just my own opinions, i love this time of year for high school basketball. oh and isn't it getting repititious seeing LA and UHS every year (boys and girls) dueling it out for top spots in 7AA. good luck to both and no matter what, i want 7AA to make a statement in region tournament and represented by two teams in the BORO!!! GOOD LUCK ALL.

From this quote I wonder if you and B-Gum are the same person.

I hope Upperman has their leg problems behind them and that they got into bed early tonight.

My Prediction:

LA shows up ready to play and Upperman will be a little 'sleepy'.

LA-76

UH-59

*May seem bold or crazy... But I think LA leads by 10 most of the game and pulls away with free-throws in the last minutes of the game.

Upperman was clearly the better team in the first game.
There are no scoring records to worry about in this game.
The only thing that will be on this team's mind will be revenge for the earlier loss.
LA will show just how good they really are, and they can be AWESOME!
HOGEYE wins this one handily! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have to agree with just about everything Beefan said. I just think its ironic all the talk about excuses and what Beefan says the team could say about why Macon County played Upperman close. Look at what the coach says could be the reasons in this Herald Citizen article. How FUNNY! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

http://www.herald-citizen.com/index.cfm?ev...7CFFE809A855A30

"We got in late last night"......."maybe we were a little leg weary".

Ya gotta admit that's good stuff.

Leg weary? Yeah right. I could see how a lot of steam was taken out of the Bees with that nail biter against York the night before the Macon Co game. (Upperman 91 York 49) I still say I understand kids get tired, but it is hard for me to fathom that teenagers can't play on consecutive nights without being LEG WEARY.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hope Upperman has their leg problems behind them and that they got into bed early tonight.

My Prediction:

LA shows up ready to play and Upperman will be a little 'sleepy'.

LA-76

UH-59

*May seem bold or crazy... But I think LA leads by 10 most of the game and pulls away with free-throws in the last minutes of the game.

OCF, you got dangerously close to my prediction(78-61). Are trying to be like BG the Greek? I'll say this, we will look really smart or really silly. And, I too hope Upperman will be a little sleepy.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

JD must stand for Just Dumb, because that is ignorant. Upperman is not underrated, and they are not 12 points better than Livingston, except for one night. I would not think that the same team will step on the floor for Livingston. I also saw where UHS hit a bump with Macon. I have seen one bump all yaer for Livingston, and that was Upperman. Should not happen again. Livingston wins, by 12+. Also, I cannot tell you about the signs, but I can tell you this, no team has beaten Livingston Academy twice in the district in a long time. It is very rare, and having the best staff in the district makes that goal much harder than what it seems.

That was no bump. Macon had the better team that night. They spotted us 15 then beat us the next three quarters. They had the ball down 4 with a minute left and thank goodness the refs swallowed their whistles! This should be fun tonight. We need to win cause I do not want Macon in a 2/3 matchup in the semis. Go Bees!!

It's time for a stupid question I guess. But it's not if you don't know. If or should I say when LA swats the Bees tonight which team will finish 1 and 2 since the head to head would be tied ???

IF that happens, I think they will have to toss the ole coin to see RC. Save me a seat if you can. I can't depend on my WP!

IF that happens, I think they will have to toss the ole coin to see RC. Save me a seat if you can. I can't depend on my WP!

Your kidding right ? I mean that is a reserved seat is it not. You do have season tickets don't you? If you don't then I'll be over there at 3:00 to get that seat. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />