portland panther baseball 2009

seymourbutts1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats whats wrong with phs the "athletes" want to talk about changing things but nobody does anything thing about it.

Your entire spill about our team's dedication is hilarious. Honestly man, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. I can promise you that the players here are dedicated and motivated to turn things around and get back on track. There is NO WAY that you can seriously know some of the stuff you're saying unless you have inside information or you're involved in this program.. and since what you said isn't even close to whats really happening, it's pretty obvious that you're just pulling these "facts" out of mid-air.

And also.. I believe that the subtitle of this post is "Improved".. not "Future State Champions". After spending 2 years losing by 10 runs every game, COMPETING with teams such as Hendersonville & White House feels pretty great. We've improved a lot over the past few months, and we shouldn't let ANYBODY tell us that we can't continue to improve.. noott even you.

That's all I'm gonna say about it.. Just know your facts man.

Your entire spill about our team's dedication is hilarious. Honestly man, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. I can promise you that the players here are dedicated and motivated to turn things around and get back on track. There is NO WAY that you can seriously know some of the stuff you're saying unless you have inside information or you're involved in this program.. and since what you said isn't even close to whats really happening, it's pretty obvious that you're just pulling these "facts" out of mid-air.

And also.. I believe that the subtitle of this post is "Improved".. not "Future State Champions". After spending 2 years losing by 10 runs every game, COMPETING with teams such as Hendersonville & White House feels pretty great. We've improved a lot over the past few months, and we shouldn't let ANYBODY tell us that we can't continue to improve.. noott even you.

Wow, is this what PHS athletics has come to? Just competing is considered success? Winning doesn't matter anymore? It may FEEL good to COMPETE with teams like Hendersonville but it felt pretty crappy to lose a no-hitter to Beech by 10 runs. As far as White House is concerned, they have been in our district for years and now that we are a bigger school we should be EXPECTED to beat them. Next year we will be COMPETING with teams like Hendersonville & Beech (and you know the rest) every week. You guys are beginning to sound like Vandy fans. Next year will be better! Well, you should DEFINITELY have two wins against Greenbrier this week, right? GO PANTHERS!

By the way, are you a player? If so, what are you doing up at 1:00 am the night before a big district game? Does Coach Parker know you are up posting on message boards at 1 in the morning when you should be getting your rest? Maybe this is our problem! Just focus on the game, man and.... GO BEAT BOBCATS!!

By the way, are you a player? If so, what are you doing up at 1:00 am the night before a big district game? Does Coach Parker know you are up posting on message boards at 1 in the morning when you should be getting your rest? Maybe this is our problem! Just focus on the game, man and.... GO BEAT BOBCATS!!

You're kinda drifting off topic, but I got 7 hours of sleep last night.. if you must know..

doorman i really apprecitate your interest in phs athletics i really do, but honestly we work harder than probably any team in our district. we start earlier than any program around here. we run and lift as soon as school starts and pick up the intensity week by week. our coaches do a fantastic job and everyone is starting to buy in. in 3 of 4 losses all games were within reach but one bad inning and lack of timely hitting have hurt us. we are not happy to compete but still knowing that u were right there in 3 games against teams that usually kill u does add confidence. we are not into moral victories but they have helped us know that if we can cut out that bad inning and minimize it and add a few hits then those losses will become victories.

doorman i really apprecitate your interest in phs athletics i really do, but honestly we work harder than probably any team in our district. we start earlier than any program around here. we run and lift as soon as school starts and pick up the intensity week by week. our coaches do a fantastic job and everyone is starting to buy in. in 3 of 4 losses all games were within reach but one bad inning and lack of timely hitting have hurt us. we are not happy to compete but still knowing that u were right there in 3 games against teams that usually kill u does add confidence. we are not into moral victories but they have helped us know that if we can cut out that bad inning and minimize it and add a few hits then those losses will become victories.

Panthers will get their first district win tonight against Greenbrier. Bobcats are way down this year while Portland has many returning starters. PHS 8 - GHS 1. Go Panthers! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Panthers will get their first district win tonight against Greenbrier. Bobcats are way down this year while Portland has many returning starters. PHS 8 - GHS 1. Go Panthers! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

good call doorman...not! greenbrier owned portland tonight, and gb isnt even that good this year. obviously portland is getting hyped up and excited about another awful season. this district is way too talented and on another level than portland.

good call doorman...not! greenbrier owned portland tonight, and gb isnt even that good this year. obviously portland is getting hyped up and excited about another awful season. this district is way too talented and on another level than portland.

Someone please pass the crow! You got me on that one. I just made my prediction based on the fact that GHS was supposed to be way down this year and PHS has so many returning starters and a great new head coach. Many others had predicted that Greenbrier would come in at the bottom of the district. High school sports ??“ don??™t you love it ??“ you never know what??™s going to happen??¦ Good game Bobcats! Panthers ??“ get ??

Seymour, you are actually proving my point. Nobody is questioning that you guys work really hard, are talented, and have a great coaching staff. Do you not believe the basketball team worked hard, had talent, and good coaches? Heck, you were their #1 fan. But they still only won 7 games and couldn??™t advance in the district playoffs. You guys lost 7-1 to a team YOU predicted would finish last in the district. This is becoming a trend in Portland in all the major sports at the high school level. I am not bashing, I am simply stating facts. It seems like everything should be in place for success. You state that the players are beginning to buy in. Buy in to what? The basic fundamentals of baseball? How is Coach Parker??™s philosophy different from Coach Thompson??™s? Aren??™t most of you guys are returning starters? What is the missing ingredient? Maybe there are no answers. Good luck Thursday! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BSB1100 - Looks like your plan of getting others to underestimate Greenbrier is working. Keep up the good work. Just don't talk about us only being 3 plays from a perfect game last night or talk about all the runners we left on base. I think the best way to get them to underestimate us is to talk about our infield lineup consisting of three sophmores and a junior plus a Junior or two in the outfield. We also have a few Freshman that are seeing some playing time on Varsity. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Bobcats.