Region 4AA

up2late

I just heard that the Region 4AA tourney is scheduled for Upperman's gym again. Wasn't it held there two years ago?? I thought the site rotated between districts and in those districts between schools. Shouldn't one of the other 7AA schools host it this year? Just curious.

This is a good question. If anybody can explain how the Region tourney was held at Upperman in '07 and then again in '09 I would love to hear the explanation.

TSSAA would only approve 2 sites. UHS and Tech. Since Tech had a questionable date, TSSAA told the coaches to have it at UHS. UHS reps. agreed however, that if the date came available, they would move it to Tech. The date is now available, but UHS will not agree to move it. Hmm. Who woulda thought.

TSSAA would only approve 2 sites. UHS and Tech. Since Tech had a questionable date, TSSAA told the coaches to have it at UHS. UHS reps. agreed however, that if the date came available, they would move it to Tech. The date is now available, but UHS will not agree to move it. Hmm. Who woulda thought.

Why only these 2 sites? Tech I totally understand. Why would Upperman be the only District team that had their site approved?

Too far to drive for the 8AA teams. I guess York driving 3 1/2 hours to WH or DCA is ok though.

Wouldn't the driving distance be the same in the other direction for 7AA teams??? Is it longer from Nashville to Jamestown than it is from Jamestown to Nashville? Duh!! If Tech is available, that is the most logical site for everyone involved. (Better parking, much more seating, neutral court, etc.) Surely, even the Bees can see that. If everyone in the region wants to change and UHS doesn't, what does that show? Hmmmmmmm. Must be great to be a Bee. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Wouldn't the driving distance be the same in the other direction for 7AA teams??? Is it longer from Nashville to Jamestown than it is from Jamestown to Nashville? Duh!! If Tech is available, that is the most logical site for everyone involved. (Better parking, much more seating, neutral court, etc.) Surely, even the Bees can see that. If everyone in the region wants to change and UHS doesn't, what does that show? Hmmmmmmm. Must be great to be a Bee. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

First you have to want to host then try to get approved. The actual list of what it takes I have not seen, but I was told there are many things involved. Such as capacity (restroom and seating) and distance to rooms and food. The requirements are different for each class A, AA, AAA. The tech issue is still not as open as you think and Upperman set up scheduling for the games and did not want to move it and move it back. This was discussed with ALL d-7 coaches and the votes were to keep it at Upperman. I would guess it is dificult to get ready for tech then switch back at last minuite tech goals are much more difficult to gauge your distance on. There are always lower scoring games at tech as so many shooters have difficulty there. The refs should be sent by TSSAA and hopefully Wheaton will not be one of them he lets games get badly out of hand.