Chattanooga Top 15 Week 2

Sequatchie

Posted by RZRSOS:

With all due respect to Sequatchie, how can he possibly rank teams when he is obviously stuck in Dunlap and can't possibly see the teams in action. Each week you can tune into Stump On Sports Late Night (Comcast Ch. 46 @ 11 pm)and get the only true ranking of Chattanooga teams. Keep in mind this is for Hamilton County only. Our actual top ten covers Hamilton County in Tennessee, and Catoosa and Walker County in Georgia. Also the complete top ten is listed in The Thrifty Nickel each week.

Chattanooga Top Teams

1. Hixson

2. Soddy Daisy

3. Tyner

4. Boyd Buchannan

Keep in mind this just lists the top 4 as there were Georgia schools in our top 10.

I do this Poll for fun!!;) I can't believe how serious some of you take this I don't see any other poll I don't know what you are talking about "Stump on sports" because I don't have comcast cable I have DirecTV I don't even live in the city of Dunlap! I base this on my personal feelings of seeing highlights scores & quality of opponents as well as there rankings A,AA,AAA etc... I don't know why you and others bring Georgia or Alabama teams into this it's a Tennessee High School Sports Website I don't care if Tom Weathers & Dade Co. goes undefeated and wins the state title he is in Georgia. I think you are being selfish to not include teams outside of Hamilton Co. in a Chattanooga Poll because every team in Hamilton County plays in a Region with teams outside the County border!! :)

[Edited by Sequatchie on 9-3-02 10:52P]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by RZRSOS:

With all due respect to Sequatchie, how can he possibly rank teams when he is obviously stuck in Dunlap and can't possibly see the teams in action. Each week you can tune into Stump On Sports Late Night (Comcast Ch. 46 @ 11 pm)and get the only true ranking of Chattanooga teams. Keep in mind this is for Hamilton County only. Our actual top ten covers Hamilton County in Tennessee, and Catoosa and Walker County in Georgia. Also the complete top ten is listed in The Thrifty Nickel each week.

Who cares? I thnk this is a Tennessee high school sports website, last I checked. Already this year, you can get a good idea how South Pittsburg would do in the local 2A, depending on how Marion finishes, how Tyner would do in Division II large ( McCallie) and how Boyd-Buchanan would do in the local 4A (Rhea and East Ridge). How are you going to compare teams from other states besides maybe a few scrimmages (and I didn't hear of any with N Ga and SE TN teams) And you don't have to live in Chattanooga to read about and compare Chattanooga teams. BTW, don't you think it's a little tacky to come on here and plug your show ("our" top 10)? One last thing, if you're such an expert why not cover the whole N Ga and SE TN areas? Most of the teams outside Hamilton County (SE TN) come to Chattanooga at least once and I'm guessing nearly all N Ga teams play in one of those two counties. Use that as a comparison. If not quit going on how you're a walking football encyclopedia.

Posted by coachk98:

IF you have ever heard sport talk 98.7 out of Nashville then you would know why they need to plug here and other places...Thier show is a awful, compared to sport talk...

[Edited by coachk98 on 9-4-02 10:46A]

I think you are talking about 99.7 with Plaster, Biddle, Fulton & the gang? :D I listen to those guys almost every day!

Flaws are noted, thanks folks. As far as who is ranked, the poll is the for schools in our coverage area. Maybe I will get up there with Sequatchie and come up with an area wide ranking just for fun. For Indian, there was one scrimmage between a GA and TN team this pre-season, Lakeview Fort Oglethorpe beat Hixson 6-1. Heck dont take what I say so seriously, its all in good fun for crying out loud. I personally dont watch a lot of N GA football, but have been covering SE TN (Hamilton and surrounding COUNTIES) for the last 9 years, but definatley not a walking encyclopedia, perhaps just a "cliff notes" or maybe even a comic book. Laugh a little.

[Edited by RZRSOS on 9-5-02 1:47P]

Grew up in Dallas Bay. Went to SD jr. then Hixson High. You are correct and I have argued the point for years that the football is weak in N Ga. Only competitive team would be Lakeview. Tell the folks in SD, if they are not making the trip to Blount tomorrow night to bring it down to Hixson, should be an excellent game.