Morristown West vs. Clinton

player69

I was at the Morristown vs. Clinton game friday expecting Clinton to be blown out like they have been in the past. In the beginning it looked like things were going to be that way when Morristown scored the first TD of the game. The next series when Morristown had the ball, Blake Sharp intercepted a pass and took it 73 yards for a TD, giving the Dragons hope for a decent game. Throughout the game Sharp was always at the right place at the right time and got a second interception for the dragons. If clinton had a decent qb then they would have EASILY won that game. M.west is an overrated team and they can easily be beaten

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok first of all clinton's QB was good. i think their play selection beat them. when they ran sweeps or let foley (QB) roll out and either pass or run they had success. but they kept running it up the middle. i'm not tryin to justify the close win but morristown west didn't play nearly as well as they could. i wouldn't be sayin anything about not winning another game or how easy it will be to beat them. but 1st they must improve each day.

Yes i agree Clintons QB isnt what beat them the play calling is what beat them..The qb could be a lot worse if u people know what im talkin about but anyways Blake Sharp is the best player on that team and they wouldnt give him the ball they kept running it up the middle.. Clinton doesnt have the O line to run up the middle... but surprising enough Clinton looked improved from previous years.. Good luck for the rest of the year

yeah i noticed that to. The play callin was horrible. they didnt give the ball to blake sharp as much as they needed to. As i watched the game, the qb kept on running the ball instead of passing it. If he would have looked up and threw the ball instead of him tryin to be like michael vick clinton would have easily beat Morristown.

Posted by player69:

I was at the Morristown vs. Clinton game friday expecting Clinton to be blown out like they have been in the past. In the beginning it looked like things were going to be that way when Morristown scored the first TD of the game. The next series when Morristown had the ball, Blake Sharp intercepted a pass and took it 73 yards for a TD, giving the Dragons hope for a decent game. Throughout the game Sharp was always at the right place at the right time and got a second interception for the dragons. If clinton had a decent qb then they would have EASILY won that game. M.west is an overrated team and they can easily be beaten

west did not play its best game and they wil improve each day and each game they play and wil nort be eaaily beaten

Morristown West has been a good team the past three years, they just haven't been able to drive past Maryville. We Reb Fans are looking forward to our game with Morristown West on the 20th because we know they will give us a tough game. We haven't had a tough game our 2nd and 3rd string players could not have handled. This week the starters will sid after a half at Heritage and be 3-0 by the Morristown West game. Good luck to Morristown West and East.

Guest thetruth11

look morristown west may play one or two hard games a year in reg season and then they don't play anyone else till the third or fourth round and thats where they get their ___ kicked. jeff will show up and teach west a thing or two. then the rebs will show up and pick up where they left off last year, with or with the RAIN. over rated you bet!!!!

Posted by thetruth11:

look morristown west may play one or two hard games a year in reg season and then they don't play anyone else till the third or fourth round and thats where they get their ___ kicked. jeff will show up and teach west a thing or two. then the rebs will show up and pick up where they left off last year, with or with the RAIN. over rated you bet!!!!

maryville went 14-1 last year, everytime they look at that record, they are gonna think of morristown west. last year tennessee high was 12-0 when the trojans showed up and had never given up more then... 20, i think, points in a game, west lit 'em up for 27 unanswered in the 2nd half, ON THE ROAD, you keep calling morristown west overrated, 50-12 in the past 5 years, 35-4 in the last 3, jeff co. or maryville fan you gotta be cause most everybody else in east tn may not think the trojans are the best team in the state, but they respect 'em and rightfully so, west could have finished off clinton time after time after time in that game and struggled to do it, they fix that and they have their 2s and 3s in by halftime, i'm not trying to say that the trojans are #1, but you ask Tennessee High or Greeneville or even Maryville if they are overrated and you'll realize that you are completely wrong

Guest thetruth11

look i just tell it like it is. west has had the ball fall the right way last year. TN high made a couple of mistakes in the second half. greenville had to go against home cooking by the refs. the maryrebs showed those west boys a thing or two. and by the way all that was last year, west was a team loaded with seniors and now their just to young. old man woods just won't be able to rely on the talent this year. i read the article on the one-two punch, i saw west play and the one they call dirt could be a backup to stewart from maryville and that rucker kid needs a partner to dance with, all he does is dance, he does not know how to run north and south. west player just don't have the heart to play will the big boys.