Goodpasture VS. David Lipscomb. REGION CHAMPIONSHI

Guest timbranard

Guest timbranard

As everyone knows the second game of the season for GHS every year is always the region championship game with David Lipscomb. Every year they fight it out and this year will be no exception.This is one of the most storied rivalries in middle tennessee. Lipscomb is coming off a win with a decent Greenbrier squad, and GHS is coming off a victory over a Father Ryan team still looking for an answer after 2 straight losses. The players of both teams rarely speak, and do not like each other. This game should be a very good one this coming up Friday. It's at Goodpasture this year, and I think both teams think they have the inside track. Lipscomb it seems is getting more recognition from some of the polls than GHS. Who knows what is going to happen Friday. All I know is this one is gonna be ugly...

Unless I am mistaken there are several other teams in the region, dont make me bring up what happened in 99 when Smith County was picked to place 4th in that region and caused a 3 way tie for first. Save your money, go watch two class act public school programs battle it out. If I wanted to see two recruited teams play I would go watch Tennessee vs. MTSU.

... didn't Goodpasture win the championship in '99?...

... despite what all the fans in Carthage think, until one of the other teams is actually competitive Region 4-2A is a 2 team region...

... and given DL's recent lack of success against Goodpasture, maybe even a ONE team region... :)

Posted by timbranard:

ohhh are you said because your team isn't competitive? poor baby.

Wow, that post really inspired a response.

But seriously, I don't see what the big deal is about. The guy just said there are more than two (or one, if you want to look at it that way) teams in the region. Which is true. He gave an example to back it up. While it's 99% unlikely for these teams to beat either Goodpasture or Davey Lipscomb, there is still a tiny possibility that Westmoreland, Stewart, East Robertson, or whoever could upset one of the afformentioned teams. Thus, his point is valid. It's a stretch, and I think he realizes that, but it's still valid.

--Kemple

Go 'Kees

Posted by timbranard:

ohhh are you said because your team isn't competitive? poor baby.

No I am not "said" about anything, just proving a point. Maybe Goodpasture should spend a little more on the English program and a little less on the football program, assuming that you attended school there which I think you did.

Its not that they don't like each--unlike teams of the past this group really doesn't know one from another and to say they don't speak because they don't like each other is probably adding a little spice. They may only know one or two on each team and that's it. The teams that Lipscomb players know would probably be BGA, Hillsboro, and Overton. Goodpasture is on the other side of town and they run in different circles. I know Lipscomb isn't looking at it as a hate/grudge match. They are looking to win the region and they know they will have to go thru Goodpasture to get there.

Guest timbranard

they don't know each other very well personally, but they know of each other, and everyone knows everyone's names. these 2 schools have never gotten along regardless. i think it's better the farther away each other is. otherwise they would be getting in fights all the time.

[Edited by timbranard on 9-2-02 6:34P]