8 A district

FCS1984

I do agree that Westmoreland had a good team last year but saying that teams in 8A play a competitive schedule is a matter of opinion. Do they play teams the calibur of Upperman? Livingston Aca? JC? C'range? Shelbyville? Riverdale? Cookeville? Oliver Springs? There is a big difference in playing "decent" teams and playing the "elite" traditional power houses or playing against very good AAA schools. Tough competition gets you ready for a tournament run. Playing teams you can beat on an off night won't help you when you're faced with a team that can hold you to less than 30 points a game defensively. You will hear the fans talking about how their team just had an off night shooting when in reality they've never faced competition like they just did. The coaches know what's coming the problem is they can't simulate it in practice and they don't play anyone as good as these kind of teams so the players don't know how to handle the kind of constant pressure they will be facing. Good luck 8A and if one of your teams make the finals they will have earned it and my respect but until that happens I say 7A dominates the championship game for years to come! Two reasons why Jim Brown and Lamaar Rogers. Anymore questions?

You keep comparing your 7A teams to the AAA schools theres a big difference. Dont even think about putting yourself up with them the wilson central team or mt. juliets team either one would spank your 7A teams so dont go there.And there is nobody in 7A that will hold FCS or GVILLE TO 30 points the whole game keep DREAMING. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if you had more pull with TSSAA, the games would be played at your place! And then 8a would have to drive a long way to get a butt whipping! Now it's just a short drive, then the butt whipping and then a short drive home. Of course we all have to fight for parking, a pickle and a seat. Are your pickles as good as the ones in Watertown/ I bet not, they do have great pickles. They could improve on the pizza though, maybe try dominos or Pizza hut personal pans, they are great.

Hey you make another great point! Not sure about the pickles will have to try one! Is there a pizza hut close by? That would be a lot better than the pizza they put out that looks like its 3 days old and so cold it feels like its been in the fridge for the previous 2! If your going to serve old pizza atleast give me a beer to wash it down! Lol

Maybe if you had more pull with TSSAA, the games would be played at your place! And then 8a would have to drive a long way to get a butt whipping! Now it's just a short drive, then the butt whipping and then a short drive home. Of course we all have to fight for parking, a pickle and a seat. Are your pickles as good as the ones in Watertown/ I bet not, they do have great pickles. They could improve on the pizza though, maybe try dominos or Pizza hut personal pans, they are great.

Well worden55 leave a little early this time for the game and try the new restaurant on hyw 70 in watertown.Its called Rogers pizza and burgers it great. Its by far the best pizza around and the rest of the food is great. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Do FCS and Westmoreland also play tonight?

I know the g-ville game is at 4:30, but who else is playing tonight?

4.30 girls GVILLE VS TC , 6.00 boys FCS VS GVILLE , 730 GIRLS FCS VS WESTMORELAND , 9.00 BOYS TC VS WESTMORLAND /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well worden55 leave a little early this time for the game and try the new restaurant on hyw 70 in watertown.Its called Rogers pizza and burgers it great. Its by far the best pizza around and the rest of the food is great. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am going to have to try it, I keep going to that gas station on 70. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Westmoreland did a good job uglying up the game, but without a shooter, tough loss for them. Good defense by both teams, but Vaughn was too much. I thought Sara Hay sealed Westmoreland's fate with a 3 ball at the end of the third. I enjoyed the game though, the boys game FCS -Gordensville was a thriller. I had to walk a block and half, but I enjoyed myself. The Bar B Q was great, I don't care what the 7a people say, Watertown people are classy host, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Up to them. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />