Tennessee Smokies High School Showcase!

cowboysrule

My son has gone the last two years. It is worth every penny. Great experience for the young men - a little pressure and a lot of small college scouts mingled with a few major league scouts. It rained during the game part of my son's experience last year so he only got one inning in the field and did not have an appearance at the plate in a game setting, but it was still worth the money. Three coaches personally talked with him afterwards and it helped elevate confidence for personal workouts later on. It is a good local East Tennessee event that draws attention from all over the region.

Best of luck

Thanks again for all the information, sounds like a good thing the Smokies are doing.agame' date='Feb 18 2009 - 11:00 AM' post='827034580']

My son has gone the last two years. It is worth every penny. Great experience for the young men - a little pressure and a lot of small college scouts mingled with a few major league scouts. It rained during the game part of my son's experience last year so he only got one inning in the field and did not have an appearance at the plate in a game setting, but it was still worth the money. Three coaches personally talked with him afterwards and it helped elevate confidence for personal workouts later on. It is a good local East Tennessee event that draws attention from all over the region.

Best of luck

It is not going to a page.

There was a kid from a small local school (North Greene) that went and thought it was great. He was a good player but on that small a team had relatively little recognition. Not sure about money, but I heard he made some contacts with a small college in Nashville (FWBC I think). The last I heard he is attending and he is going to get to play a little.

So yeah, I would say go to this thing if you are interested in college. (And can play a little - lol)

There was a kid from a small local school (North Greene) that went and thought it was great. He was a good player but on that small a team had relatively little recognition. Not sure about money, but I heard he made some contacts with a small college in Nashville (FWBC I think). The last I heard he is attending and he is going to get to play a little.

So yeah, I would say go to this thing if you are interested in college. (And can play a little - lol)

What age do these kids need to be to attend?