Whitwell or Boyd-Buchanan

whsfootball

boyd-buchanan is a very good football team. they are very balanced and have greatly improved their biggest weakness from a year ago, their offensive and defensive lines. too much has not been made of the victories over rhea and e. ridge. i saw the rhea game and boyd completely outplayed them, even though i think rhea was a little disappointing. i am not sure about e. ridge, but i saw them last year and even if they are not as good as last year's team, they would still have no problem destroying whitwell. also, i was at the whitwell-hixson game(it was 1993) and that hixson squad was pathetic(i think they had only won a handful of games in several years), so don't make the mistake of thinking that whitwell's having beat hixson nine years ago compares to boyd's wins. picking the winner of this game is easy.....boyd-buchan. as to the dump of a field comment, i would respond that whitwell has one of the better single A stadiums in the entire state(as do most of the valley schools in their respective classes) and boyd should be ashamed to play games at home(grossly inadequate seating). as to the hick comment, i saw matt hale, boyd's outstanding receiver from a year ago, in an interview on television the other day and from the sound of his accent, i would have sworn he was from powells-crossroads(a small community outside of whitwell for those of you unfamilar).........i know one of your(boyd's) starting lineman is.

[Edited by tnaquarius on 9-4-02 7:27P]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Boyd will beat the tigers by several touchdowns. It will not be 50 something to 14 or whatever but it will be by 21 or 28 points. As for South Pitt and Boyd being the two best teams in the Chattanooga area, have you ever heard of Tyner, McCallie, Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah, Hixson, Baylor, Meigs; need I go on? They are good but cannot run with some of the big dogs.

As an innocent bystander I would just like to say this: About two or three years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation because of the state of Whitwell's program. Wes Green has done an outstanding job to get that program headed in the right direction and win or lose Friday night against Boyd, it's just nice to see that Whitwell football can stir the emotions of so many people on this message board.

Posted by bucsfootball:

how can yall call that a win when Boyd made all the mistakes they did. Thats not a win they beat them selves. You hicks up there thinks think thats something. Just wait till the bucs bring that high flying offense to that dump yall call a field

Thanks for your comments, Coach Atkins.

Posted by WhitVol:
Posted by bucsfootball:

how can yall call that a win when Boyd made all the mistakes they did. Thats not a win they beat them selves. You hicks up there thinks think thats something. Just wait till the bucs bring that high flying offense to that dump yall call a field

Are you implying Coach Akins made that statement?

Posted by derek782:
Posted by WhitVol:
Posted by bucsfootball:

Are you implying Coach Akins made that statement?

YES! (half-heartedly)

[Edited by WhitVol on 9-5-02 8:21A]

Posted by onemoretime:

Was it not last year that at WG made the comment that Atkins was "classless" for not reporting the Whitwell-Boyd game last year to the media?

I think his name is Coach Akins, not atkins.

Yes, coaches say some things to their kids to get the fired up. I don't think if I were on the Bus' team I would be repeating them on here. Just play ball and "talk with you pads." All you end up doing is making the other team get hyped up about your comments and the game.