cookeville going for another district title

tromo

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just kidding............... I have seen alot of teams with less talent do great things.........and I have seen alot of teams with a bunch of talent struggle to win games .........If you guys get some pitching you may have a chance...Good luck to the Cavs.

DaBlaze

i think we have some juniors and sophmores that could step up and do the job, i think our problem comes from a coach who doesnt have a clue about who is the best nine to be on the field. and seen a little of that with the starting

line up in scrimmage against bearden, but it was only a scrimmage so hopefully he figures it out before season starts

• 2 weeks later...

cookeville scrimmaged franklin county tuesday night beat up on them pretty bad. heres some details was flapping my jaws to much last night so i am sure i missed some.

pitched a different pitcher every inning, hit the ball well, up the middle we looked better than we have in years except for center field. sophmore catcher looked real good. last years starter may need to look for another spot,

corners third base concerns me, first base jury is still out. outfield too early to tell several different players moved around there. centerfielder played ss ly looks about the same in center. junior and sophmore pitching going have to step up big and they have some capable of doing it.

gah, i dont understand what everyone has against tubbs.. I dunno, he played with me this summer, and we played really good competition, and he hit like 4 homeruns and over .400.. great athlete. i guess he just doesnt play well in high school haha

gah, i dont understand what everyone has against tubbs.. I dunno, he played with me this summer, and we played really good competition, and he hit like 4 homeruns and over .400.. great athlete. i guess he just doesnt play well in high school haha

interesting he batted around 100 his jr yr

So does cookville not have great pitching or not a great hitting team or what....

sr. pitching weak to nonexistant,some good jr and soph need to step up. hitting - we have some just depends who is in the line up. dont have big sticks like ly but see a couple could step up