All-District Teams

wildcatfan64

Are the All-District teams posted somewhere? If not, where can we get them?

Don't know for sure but I believe each District releases after selection....I do not believe there is one place to get them all. How are the selections made? Is it straight secret voting by coaches or do they discuss and come to a mutual agreement? You won the district so you get MVP and x # of spots?

From past experience most districts meet for tourney pairings and at that meeting they select the team. Coaches usually nominate their own players. Usually the better teams are going to dominate the voting but most teams get one player on the team. Larger districts usually pick 10 to 12 players from the pool of nominees. The MVP is usually from the top team or two and the coach is from the district champion-but it is still a vote of the coaches.

I saw 3AAA in the Knox News Sentinel sports today and the local AA yesterday. 4AAA was in last week. I would like to see them regionally on one sight myself. Someone start a thread to list Knoxville area districts.

Normally the all district teams are the nominees for the prepxtra team.

From past experience most districts meet for tourney pairings and at that meeting they select the team. Coaches usually nominate their own players. Usually the better teams are going to dominate the voting but most teams get one player on the team. Larger districts usually pick 10 to 12 players from the pool of nominees. The MVP is usually from the top team or two and the coach is from the district champion-but it is still a vote of the coaches.

I saw 3AAA in the Knox News Sentinel sports today and the local AA yesterday. 4AAA was in last week. I would like to see them regionally on one sight myself. Someone start a thread to list Knoxville area districts.

Normally the all district teams are the nominees for the prepxtra team.

In some districts each team gets the same number of selections.. is there a pre season vote?

I checked and most say the coaches usually nominate the players that had a good season. In knox area it was said they do not do a preseason. I noticed even though every coach nominated his players the coaches do vote on paper so there are no guarantees as to who gets on. I think the best players of the current season get the votes.

This is important in Mid East TN because the prepxtra pool is formed from the all district teams.

Prepxtra encompasses the app. 60 to 70 schools in the mid east TN region. A team is announced in April for this area all classifications. There is an Knoxville team (a, aa, aaaa) then the Prepxtra. From the all district pools the Sentinel takes the names and plugs them in to select the Prepxtra. They have a website also.

Prepxtra encompasses the app. 60 to 70 schools in the mid east TN region. A team is announced in April for this area all classifications. There is an Knoxville team (a, aa, aaaa) then the Prepxtra. From the all district pools the Sentinel takes the names and plugs them in to select the Prepxtra. They have a website also.

Thanks PTMUPS