How does 5A look this year?

catchandthrow

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-A is as sad as 6-A! I have a personal stake in these two districts but the reality is it will be hard for a team from either district to get past a sectional game- even though Lookout Valley did it last year. Coach Dinger will be competitive b/c he knows how to coach but LV lost a ton from last year! There are a handful of players in region 3-A that would start at much bigger schools. But thats it-a handful. This is not condemnation of the schools but just a reflection of athletics at a small school. Some years you're loaded (Lookout Valley last year) most years its filling holes and hiding weaknesses. Its very trying on a coach (I'm not a coach) Hats off to them.

Ranking teams in 3-A districts 5 & 6 I'd list them this way-

1. Lookout Valley will always be successful destroyed CSAS last 2 years in region championship

2.Signal Mtn. first year program

2. Arts & Sciences hanging by a thread w/ a chance of not reaching region for first time in 4 years

4. Grace- CSAS destroyed them in region semis each of last two years

5.Whitwell

6. South Pittsburg

7. Silverdale

8. Sale Creek

9.whoever is left and then Richard Hardy

100. Richard Hardy

And yes Grace will probably win 5-A.

5-A is as sad as 6-A! I have a personal stake in these two districts but the reality is it will be hard for a team from either district to get past a sectional game- even though Lookout Valley did it last year. Coach Dinger will be competitive b/c he knows how to coach but LV lost a ton from last year! There are a handful of players in region 3-A that would start at much bigger schools. But thats it-a handful. This is not condemnation of the schools but just a reflection of athletics at a small school. Some years you're loaded (Lookout Valley last year) most years its filling holes and hiding weaknesses. Its very trying on a coach (I'm not a coach) Hats off to them.

Ranking teams in 3-A districts 5 & 6 I'd list them this way-

1. Lookout Valley will always be successful destroyed CSAS last 2 years in region championship

2.Signal Mtn. first year program

2. Arts & Sciences hanging by a thread w/ a chance of not reaching region for first time in 4 years

4. Grace- CSAS destroyed them in region semis each of last two years

5.Whitwell

6. South Pittsburg

7. Silverdale

8. Sale Creek

9.whoever is left and then Richard Hardy

100. Richard Hardy

And yes Grace will probably win 5-A.

David Brainerd will compete in 5a...They didn't lose much and competed pretty well. They returned their better players so I think they will be up on that list in the region.

David Brainerd will compete in 5a...They didn't lose much and competed pretty well. They returned their better players so I think they will be up on that list in the region.

I think 5A will look like this.

1. David Brainerd-good last year with a lot returning

2. Silverdale- all starters returning

3. Grace- lost Wallace and Peace from last year.

4. Copper Basin-who knows

5. Temple- basketball school, not baseball

David Brainerd & Silverdale will be competitive this year, but Grace did have more than just Foster & Peace. They will be hard to replace but I think Grace will survive! They only have 3 seniors, but they are good solid players. Their junior class is very strong! They also have a good freshmen class of players that will contribute alot. I think that Grace will do well and win district for the 5th straight year. Ought to be interesting to say the least.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa......... oh you were serious? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

does anyone know if the rumors going around are true about Grace's Alec Rose? I heard he got kicked out of Grace? Is this true?

Is that wishful thinking?.... he's been practicing w/ the team everyday! Funny how rumors get started. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />