Dekalb co. vs. Cannon co.

BigPun

You all keep writing about the players he has coached....... those kids had talent to begin with... now if he was the reason they all shot well and could score he needs to make his own instructional video..... but i doubt it.......what kind of offense did he run?????? What does he do over there besides say.."Here boys! Take this ball and shoot it!"????????? He don't run any offense..... he relies on the talent he possesses. Thats why McWilliams and the Bees will win the district tournament tonight. They have an offense and actually run something, instead of a Chinese firedrill free-for-all. I'll take running a good offense and getting easy baskets over relyng on one kid to put up 40 to have a chance to win any day!!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all keep writing about the players he has coached....... those kids had talent to begin with... now if he was the reason they all shot well and could score he needs to make his own instructional video..... but i doubt it.......what kind of offense did he run?????? What does he do over there besides say.."Here boys! Take this ball and shoot it!"????????? He don't run any offense..... he relies on the talent he possesses. Thats why McWilliams and the Bees will win the district tournament tonight. They have an offense and actually run something, instead of a Chinese firedrill free-for-all. I'll take running a good offense and getting easy baskets over relyng on one kid to put up 40 to have a chance to win any day!!!!

Where do I start???

1. Shame on any coach, for using talented kids. Any smart guy would cut those boys from the team, and

choose kids he met during the "firedrill".

2. If he's playing all 19 year olds, he'd needs to say "Men, take this ball and shoot it."

3. Are you saying that McWilliams has no talent to rely on???

4. When were you in China?

This is ridiculous!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And when did you suddenly become a fan of McWilliams? Weren't you the one cry-babying about LA's and UHS's coaches? But since you've become such a Bee supporter, why don't you check some of their birth certificates to see if their "maturity" level works for you.

I have seen these teams run press defense all game. Coach Melton runs his bench in and out the entire game. I agree if he played the starters the whole game they would have won by an average of 100 points easy. From what I have always seen is that when a weaker team plays a stronger team it can't do nothing but help the weaker team get better by making them work harder. My son plays for York. York didn't have a very good team this year and the Coach was in his first year ever as a head coach. LA beat them bad every time but they improved every time. It made them realize what they needed to do to get better. Besides game situations are the best way for younger players to develop. I have no problem with LA and Upperman Coaches. A team can have all kinds of talent and still not win without a capable coach. This is the way Coach Melton and Coach McWilliams coach and it is successful for them. They win. This is only my opinion and everyone has one.

I have seen these teams run press defense all game. Coach Melton runs his bench in and out the entire game. I agree if he played the starters the whole game they would have won by an average of 100 points easy. From what I have always seen is that when a weaker team plays a stronger team it can't do nothing but help the weaker team get better by making them work harder. My son plays for York. York didn't have a very good team this year and the Coach was in his first year ever as a head coach. LA beat them bad every time but they improved every time. It made them realize what they needed to do to get better. Besides game situations are the best way for younger players to develop. I have no problem with LA and Upperman Coaches. A team can have all kinds of talent and still not win without a capable coach. This is the way Coach Melton and Coach McWilliams coach and it is successful for them. They win. This is only my opinion and everyone has one.

CoachT can go ahead and lock this thread if he wants... But I am going to have to go ahead and say that you must be an idiot when it comes to basketball knowledge.

So is lack talent the only reason other teams aren't winning? What are you going to say if he wins for 8 straight years? Get a clue man.

CoachT can go ahead and lock this thread if he wants... But I am going to have to go ahead and say that you must be an idiot when it comes to basketball knowledge.

So is lack talent the only reason other teams aren't winning? What are you going to say if he wins for 8 straight years? Get a clue man.

I believe you need to reread 'williamz71's post. You might owe him an apology. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe you need to reread 'williamz71's post. You might owe him an apology. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are correct Rabbit. Thats not the post I meant to quote. I meant to quote the other post from that 'gottalove2playthegame'.. I was in a hurry.

Sorry William.

Thanks for pointing that out Rabbit.