District 12 A-AA

eastsoccer20

From the scores I have seen (and I wish more people would post scores) the whole district is doing well. It seems we either tie each other or only beat them by a small margin. It all depends on which team shows up to play on a given day.

I think it will be fun to see the district outcome this year. I'm looking forward to it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the scores I have seen (and I wish more people would post scores) the whole district is doing well. It seems we either tie each other or only beat them by a small margin. It all depends on which team shows up to play on a given day.

I think it will be fun to see the district outcome this year. I'm looking forward to it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Aubie...I don't know what soccer matches you've witnessed this season in District 12 A/AA, but C.A. and East Hickman are head and shoulders better than the rest of the district. I know CA tied Hickman Co., but believe me that would not happen again! CAdomintated most of the game and made a few mistakes to let Hickman tie the score. I also know East Hickman tied Wayne Co...That was a joke! I've never witnessed a game like that. East Hickman controlled the entire game and played 95% of that game on the attack with probably 20-30 shots on goal to about 5 for Wayne Co! If not for a few defensive mistakes, Wayne would not have scored. I do believe it would be an entirely different outcome if the two teams played again! I would also say Richland is a strong team in the district this season. But if I were to bet, my money would be on CA or East Hickman for the district, with no consideration for other teams to win it!

I guess you're right, maybe I haven't witnessed enough games, but in the games I did witness CA is the strongest. East did not really show me anything but maybe I didn't witness the strong games they have played in.

I will say from direct experience East Hickman will beat C.A. soundly if they come to play, not taking anything away from C.A. they are very good. Just my honest opinion.

I will say from direct experience East Hickman will beat C.A. soundly if they come to play, not taking anything away from C.A. they are very good. Just my honest opinion.

Thats a bold statment, "soundly" i guess we will see tomorrow night, i just have a strong feeling it will go CA's way, but we will see. Who knows.

Aubie...I don't know what soccer matches you've witnessed this season in District 12 A/AA, but C.A. and East Hickman are head and shoulders better than the rest of the district. I know CA tied Hickman Co., but believe me that would not happen again! CAdomintated most of the game and made a few mistakes to let Hickman tie the score. I also know East Hickman tied Wayne Co...That was a joke! I've never witnessed a game like that. East Hickman controlled the entire game and played 95% of that game on the attack with probably 20-30 shots on goal to about 5 for Wayne Co! If not for a few defensive mistakes, Wayne would not have scored. I do believe it would be an entirely different outcome if the two teams played again! I would also say Richland is a strong team in the district this season. But if I were to bet, my money would be on CA or East Hickman for the district, with no consideration for other teams to win it!

The way i look at it is Giles is still the district and region champs and untill some team proves us wrong at the district tourny and i wouldnt be saying ca & east is head and shoulders better than the district. this year has been very susprising with scores and all. im just saying dont just 'bet money' on any team. i wouldnt and i play for giles, i only say that because like i said this years scores and match ups are VERY different than years past.

NO90...have you seen the district score board??? You obviously have not! Didn't Giles get blown out by C.A.? Has C.A. had a loss in the district? Has East Hickman had a loss in the district? Neither of those teams have lost a district game! How could my money not be placed on them? Every other team in the district has at least 2 losses! I don't foresee either of these teams having two district losses at the end of the regular season. Tonight's match between the two will definately be a preview of the District Finals...Book it! It will be a fun one to watch! As stated in another post, I think CA may have a little too much for EH, but we'll see. Also, I heard EH is down a starter because of a Red Card? Anyone know of this? Thats unfortunate, I would have liked to see an even match tonight, but I still think it will be competitive?

I do believe that this past Friday's match between East Hickman and Columbia Academy settled the argument about the top teams in District 12 A/AA. The match was fairly even most of the way, with EH taking a 1-0 lead to halftime. C.A. came back to tie the match with about 5 min. to go on a PK (their second in 1 min!...They missed the first). Although my son plays for CA and I'm a CA fan, I do feel that EH has a very strong team and honestly, they probably should have beat us. I will admit that the call that gave us the second PK was a pretty bad call...but, hey its High School Soccer... You aren't guaranteed the best officials! I can only expect that these two teams will dominate their way into the District Finals to meet for a rematch. I can only hope it will be as exciting as Friday's match (best game I've seen in a long time!). I've seen every team in the district and BY FAR there are not two teams as good as CA or EH. If there are, they need to prove it in the District Tournament.

Well what was your take on the game?

Well EH played well but they didn't win soundly or even win at all, it was a tie. My source from CA says that they didn't play well at all up top and they didn't play to thier potentional. I also heard the field was really bad, so that could have effected some of CA's strikers, but overall it was a good game, and it sorta surprised me.