Brentwood vs. Riverdale Scrimmage

bruins17

JBW is right he got hit directly in the nose and he will be ok he was taking a pitcher and as soon as he lowered his camera and turned his head then came the ball so he got popped pretty good that ball was hit hard but they said he is ok and they will do some surgery on him thanks for asking about him and as we know something we will try and let you know

Reminds me of a post I read about a month ago.See below. God's speed to the injuried.

With the stepping up from the TSSAA to enforce the safety rules on high school diamonds there may be few or no pictures of high school baseball and softball in the future. I know I for one will not shoot through a fence for anything.

Will schools mark the spot on the field known as a media box? I know many that will not because they do not want the dead ball area on the field for fear it will cost them a play.

Will schools find some other way to give the camera a view? I'd suggest for all schools to build a "Media" platform just outside the fence on the first base side that would allow photographers to stand outside the fence but above the fence to shoot pictures. Then all they have to do is duck if a ball comes their way and they will not be in the field of play to cost a team an out.

Will there be some other solution?

Or will there be no more high school baseball and softball pictures in the papers and on the web sites? Something will have to be done in order to meet everyone's needs or there will be little or no pictures.

Reminds me of a post I read about a month ago.See below. God's speed to the injuried.

With the stepping up from the TSSAA to enforce the safety rules on high school diamonds there may be few or no pictures of high school baseball and softball in the future. I know I for one will not shoot through a fence for anything.

Will schools mark the spot on the field known as a media box? I know many that will not because they do not want the dead ball area on the field for fear it will cost them a play.

Will schools find some other way to give the camera a view? I'd suggest for all schools to build a "Media" platform just outside the fence on the first base side that would allow photographers to stand outside the fence but above the fence to shoot pictures. Then all they have to do is duck if a ball comes their way and they will not be in the field of play to cost a team an out.

Will there be some other solution?

Or will there be no more high school baseball and softball pictures in the papers and on the web sites? Something will have to be done in order to meet everyone's needs or there will be little or no pictures.

he was outside of the fence

How did Brentwood look in this scrimmage? Are they gonna have any bats or just pitching?

It is hard to tell much from these scrimmages but it is obvious that their strength is on the mound. They threw 7 solid pitchers and did not use the big kid (injured). They did not appear to hit throughout their lineup but had a couple tough outs. The other side of this is that Riverdale did not throw chopped liver out their either.