LA Vs. Upperman

LA_Wildcats

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In these hard economic times it's nice to know that Walgreens is still proud supporters of our high school athletics. Tonight has been declared LA Wildcat night at the Cookeville location just down the street from the hoop. They felt bad last night when the shelves were emptied. So to help in the HOGEYE nations time of need the shelves have been stocked to the max with STING EZZZZZZZ !!!!!

Looks like that STING EZZZZZ will be going on sale tomorrow. I thought both teams played well. LA just played a little better. The refs were fair. Missed some on each end and made some bad ones on each end. TJ Smith played great. You would think that Upperman would have taken away that 15 ft jump shot... Jackson played well for LA also. Nash played well for the Bees.

If Dustin Baxter gets those shots to fall, it just might be a different story next time.

In these hard economic times it's nice to know that Walgreens is still proud supporters of our high school athletics. Tonight has been declared LA Wildcat night at the Cookeville location just down the street from the hoop. They felt bad last night when the shelves were emptied. So to help in the HOGEYE nations time of need the shelves have been stocked to the max with STING EZZZZZZZ !!!!!

Looks like they must have sold out their stock of fly -"Bee"- swatters for tonights game. Shelves should be full again for the regional! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All I have heard since the last meeting between LA and Upperman is that when they met on a neutral floor, Upperman would come out on top. You got your neutral court, and you were handed a loss. LA took the lead in the first quarter and never really looked back. Upperman made a run but the Wildcats was too much for the Bees. I guess it really is true that a BEE can only sting once. This was also the first meeting between the two teams that the officiating was evenly called. . . One more thing, during the trophy presentation, LA clapped for Upperman, Upperman sat on there hands when LA was handed a trophy. Congrats to LA, they played a great ball game.

All I have heard since the last meeting between LA and Upperman is that when they met on a neutral floor, Upperman would come out on top. You got your neutral court, and you were handed a loss. LA took the lead in the first quarter and never really looked back. Upperman made a run but the Wildcats was too much for the Bees. I guess it really is true that a BEE can only sting once. This was also the first meeting between the two teams that the officiating was evenly called. . . One more thing, during the trophy presentation, LA clapped for Upperman, Upperman sat on there hands when LA was handed a trophy. Congrats to LA, they played a great ball game.

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Although the Cats played great, they still may have to play Upperman one more time... And it would be back in the BEE HIVE where the officiating will always be favored for Upperman. LA will just have to kick it up a Notch and play even harder and better.

Thats assuming Upperman can beat John Jenkins.....

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Although the Cats played great, they still may have to play Upperman one more time... And it would be back in the BEE HIVE where the officiating will always be favored for Upperman. LA will just have to kick it up a Notch and play even harder and better.

I think both teams need to kick it up a notch, or two. It didnt look to me like either team was playing their best. Although there is a lot to be said for the fact that both teams were playing worthy opponents.

Im a big fan of LA anytime they are not playing Upperman, but sometimes I dont know why!! hahaha.

As far as the officiating goes: If "fair" means they stunk both ways, then I will accept that. (I just went back and read Overton Co Fan's post, and yup, I think we agree with each other on this one) As a fan of one team it is easy to say that my team got jobbed by the refs. And they did. But I know there were times when we said "oooh, we got away with a travel there" or "ooops, I think that one was out off us". I guess what I am saying is: I would like to register an official complaint against the refereeing tonight BUT, I am not saying they are why we lost.

Does that make sense??

We had chances to change the outcome of the game, and didnt. Some sloppy ball handling. Some shots, open and otherwise, that didnt go down. eh. It is a game.

Congrats to LA on a fine win. Also congrats to the Smith kid on the MVP. I didnt see his previous game, but he certainly went out and earned it tonight!!! Good job.

EDIT: and not looking forward to meeting up with the Jenkins kid again either. Even though I do not think that he walks on water, he is a fine, fine basketball player. (probably a fine person also) There are a few very tough teams to deal with and SC is certainly one of them

I certainly hope that we play Upperman TWO more times! If they play like they did in our first meeting they will beat Station Camp or most anyone!

Were all the people on LA's side from Livingston? If so, that was an awesome turnout!

Congrats to TJ! Well done young man! I saw a side of Chase tonight I had never noticed before--he can really handle the ball! I had no idea he was that good at ball control!

NO MERCY! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Me being a big follower of Dekalb Co. basketball that was two great teams going at it tonite. Really fun to watch. Two great teams with outstanding coaches and very loyal fans from both sides. TJ Smith is a wonderful player and Dunn is unbelievable. Both teams played extremely hard they will represent 7-AA proudly. I would like to say congrats to my Dekalb co. tigers and go get white house and good luck to Macon also. Hope we are all there this has been a wonderful year of basketball. LA and Baxter are legit contenders.

Please, for the sake of all that is good and right about sports, do not assume that your team or its fans are perfect. Upperman is not perfect. LA is not perfect.

I didnt watch the team during the presentation, I was busy giving "polite applause" and explaining to my 12 year old daughter why she needed to be doing the same thing. "Im too mad, I hate losing" hahaha. Losing stinks. We all handle it differently, but I know that the good folks of Baxter were in the stands giving the LA team it's due. (my daughter included)

Congrats LA, and LA fans, you fans sure bring it strong. Great fans.