CPA vs Lipscomb

9aafan

Big game tonight. Lets hear the talk. Will Lipscomb play stall ball? Will Z play like he is capable? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Lipscomb only used the stall last year because it was their best chance to beat CPA, in which they had failed the first 2 tries that season, and that proved correct, forcing the game to triple OT. DL really should have won that game, and missed 2 consecutive buzzer-beater lay-ups in the first 2 OT's. In the first 2 OT's CPA never had a possession, and with DL playing the stall, this left only 2 possible outcomes rather than 3: DL wins, or tie and another OT. After that game, along with the other 2 last season, it seemed like somehow CPA was destined to win, even though they really had no business winning that district title game. I think they used the stall last year because they didn't have the confidence that they could beat CPA straight up. This year, they have already beaten CPA in the regular season, and have the confidence that they can get it done against them, without resorting to the stall.

To answer your second question, yes.

My prediction: CPA wins 58-52.

Lipscomb only used the stall last year because it was their best chance to beat CPA, in which they had failed the first 2 tries that season, and that proved correct, forcing the game to triple OT. DL really should have won that game, and missed 2 consecutive buzzer-beater lay-ups in the first 2 OT's. In the first 2 OT's CPA never had a possession, and with DL playing the stall, this left only 2 possible outcomes rather than 3: DL wins, or tie and another OT. After that game, along with the other 2 last season, it seemed like somehow CPA was destined to win, even though they really had no business winning that district title game. I think they used the stall last year because they didn't have the confidence that they could beat CPA straight up. This year, they have already beaten CPA in the regular season, and have the confidence that they can get it done against them, without resorting to the stall.

To answer your second question, yes.

My prediction: CPA wins 58-52.

lipscomb by 5

Congrats to CPA for repeating as District 9AA champs. A great game for the Lions. Lipscomb is a tougher team than what we saw tonight. It's likely a CPA-Lipscomb game in the Region championship as well. Z showed up big and could not be stopped on either end of the floor.

Congrats to Coach McPherson for winning Coach of the Year. He does a great job for the Mustangs. I must admit that we still think Drew Maddux is OUR Coach of the Year. (sorry if that's a contradictory statement) In the end, both teams are well coached as well as some of the other 9AA teams. I'd love to see what Doc Shelton would do at MLK with more size and a real post player.

Congratulations to CPA for their biggest win ever over David Lipscomb! It is very likely that these teams will meet again in the region championship, so CPA will have to show up against them and play like they did tonight or it will be DL with the last laugh. But I am confident they can do it. Also, congrats to coach McPherson for coach of the year, and all of the all-district and all-tournament players. Hunter Miller district MVP, Z Mason tournament MVP.