HOUSTON COUNTY ALL TIME TOP 20 PLAYER LIST

grendal

I am assuming you mean William Parchman,what could have been if he had played all his life but the reality is he played one year and averaged 10ppg,most on putbacks and dunks.You are right about it only going back to 1980,I can only remember mid 70's on up.Chris Norfleet could have played at least JC ball.

Yes thats who i meant...He did only average 10 points, but played with 3 of the top ten on your lists... Norfleet could not of played(or got to play) juco anywhere, he was never even the best player on his team, which none of were anythnig special.. I would imagine that there are 5-10 players from before 80s that are better than your bottom five... CJ cooksey was better than Coby Clark

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dillards determination and leadership is what got HC thru the last 2 games, CA and WHH, when we got behind both games, He would do whatever he could to get the boys back up. Now, I know at time this year some HC fans felt like they were watching the Dillard show, he can really put the points up, but those guys came together in the last games of the year and looked like a team, with Dillard and Cooksey leading the way. I think, if he keeps playing and improving, we can add the Cooksey boy to the list in a couple of years.

I think that is a huge stretch,good player but if you compare him to any of the Ramey kids-- it is not even close.

Yes thats who i meant...He did only average 10 points, but played with 3 of the top ten on your lists... Norfleet could not of played(or got to play) juco anywhere, he was never even the best player on his team, which none of were anythnig special.. I would imagine that there are 5-10 players from before 80s that are better than your bottom five... CJ cooksey was better than Coby Clark

Maybe he was,it is debatable.I think Norfleet was the best player on those teams.What other players from the 80's,I thought I covered them all.

Maybe he was,it is debatable.I think Norfleet was the best player on those teams.What other players from the 80's,I thought I covered them all.

I meant prior to the 80s.....I personally would of took Wilson over Norfleet...Offensively Norfleet was better, but Wilson was much more dependable at the other end of the court....If norfleet would of went anywhere to paly college ball, he would of had to learn to defend

I think Norfleet did try to play JC ball, but they told him, good as he was, he wasn't tall enough, just a rumor, nothing validated.

And as to only playing 1 year, just think how good Skelton and Kizer would be if they had 6 years of floor time behind them.

Neither could of stepped on the court with the 92 team like William did.... Muchless produce...

I meant prior to the 80s.....I personally would of took Wilson over Norfleet...Offensively Norfleet was better, but Wilson was much more dependable at the other end of the court....If norfleet would of went anywhere to paly college ball, he would of had to learn to defend

Wilson was solid,Norfleet definitely had more upside,problem with Norfleet is you didn't know what was going on in his head.

You might be right,now that I think about that team,Shane Smith was 2nd off the bench and Justin Burns 3rd and I would take either one of them over Norfleet head to head.

Another knock on Norfleet was he didn''t produce but for two seasons...Wilson saw playing time for three years... I would venture to say wilson had more total points in his career, and Wilson also was a much better defender. Also wasnt one of the Kizer boys a good player awhile back??

Another knock on Norfleet was he didn''t produce but for two seasons...Wilson saw playing time for three years... I would venture to say wilson had more total points in his career, and Wilson also was a much better defender. Also wasnt one of the Kizer boys a good player awhile back??

Yes I would say tou are talking about Robert Kizer,he played in the late 80's.He was a good shooter but that is it,he was kind of like Stacy Beechum was for the 92 team.The more I talk about this list the more I realize how good that 92 team was.