Top reasons you dislike Farragut Baseball

StealthBuster

That is 100% correct. Coach Pharr is definitely a class act and every team he coaches wins and loses with class. I think that's what makes Farragut Baseball so special, the fact that they have some of the best players around and also some of the best people. As for why everyone hates them, I have no clue. Can anyone give me an actual reason that has some sense behind it?

The reason i dislike farragut (yet I respect them and the program, don't get me wrong)...

This will be controversial because everyone will be like oh you hypocrite, but at the same time i don't think its right for any team to do this.

But Farragut can pretty much get any player to go there for baseball. If i'm not mistaken (which i may be, i've heard from various people) Cooper on this years team is from Karns, Ramsey last year was from some place that wasn't in knox county, but moved with someone to go there? And i'm sure various other players had their ways of choosing where to go whether it be moving or transferring. I'm not saying its recruiting, i'm just saying a lot of people go there supremely for the success of the team.

I know that Catholic is a mixing pot of people from everywhere (and i just counted and 20 of the 24 players are from catholic schools) but without those other people that come to our school, we might not be able to have much success in sports. Farragut on the other hand has a huge class come through every year and has plenty to choose from, how can people go just for baseball. No one goes to any other school just for baseball...without scholarships.

Now i know that people are probably going to get all worked up and stuff, but thats just my opinion which is what the post asked for.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper went to karns in middle school i dunno if he is breaking rules, but matts grandparents moved to farragut before his freshman year. Then he moved in with a teammate, just so he could hang out and enjoy high school. No disrespect to matts grandparents, but its hard to live with older people when youre a teenager im guessing.

Cooper went to karns in middle school i dunno if he is breaking rules, but matts grandparents moved to farragut before his freshman year. Then he moved in with a teammate, just so he could hang out and enjoy high school. No disrespect to matts grandparents, but its hard to live with older people when youre a teenager im guessing.

That's a violation.

That's a violation.

His grandparents live in the Farragut district and were zoned for the farrgut schools. Who he spends his time with or where he sleeps is no violation or anyones concern. I doubt anyone knows his family situation and for him to spend time with a teammate when his legal residence is in the farragut district is no violation

His grandparents live in the Farragut district and were zoned for the farrgut schools. Who he spends his time with or where he sleeps is no violation or anyones concern. I doubt anyone knows his family situation and for him to spend time with a teammate when his legal residence is in the farragut district is no violation

i'm not trying to start a family issues thing. If they did have issues i want to be the first to say i did not intend to bring that up or anything.

The reason i dislike farragut (yet I respect them and the program, don't get me wrong)...

This will be controversial because everyone will be like oh you hypocrite, but at the same time i don't think its right for any team to do this.

But Farragut can pretty much get any player to go there for baseball. If i'm not mistaken (which i may be, i've heard from various people) Cooper on this years team is from Karns, Ramsey last year was from some place that wasn't in knox county, but moved with someone to go there? And i'm sure various other players had their ways of choosing where to go whether it be moving or transferring. I'm not saying its recruiting, i'm just saying a lot of people go there supremely for the success of the team.

I know that Catholic is a mixing pot of people from everywhere (and i just counted and 20 of the 24 players are from catholic schools) but without those other people that come to our school, we might not be able to have much success in sports. Farragut on the other hand has a huge class come through every year and has plenty to choose from, how can people go just for baseball. No one goes to any other school just for baseball...without scholarships.

Now i know that people are probably going to get all worked up and stuff, but thats just my opinion which is what the post asked for.

I understand where you come from. But there are players who seek to come to Farragut for baseball to be apart of a championship team. there is nothing wrong with that. But coach Pharr does not recruit whatsoever and trust me he is a fantastic coach and gets everything out of his players. The talent alot if the time is bread by him

You asked for reasons. Have you heard enough.

how bout u just shut up already about Farragut and just realize that they are better than whatever team u play/cheer for. i mean my god, get over it man. its called HARD WORK. come watch one of their practices, theyre open anyday of the week for everyone to see and they start at 3:45. go see for yourself what a real baseball team looks like when they practice.