MrNoitAll District 11A Losers

MrNoitAll

Well District 11A has a very good team and some that are not very good here at the trailer park we call them losers. Well this is the year that Marshall County has three teams who could make it to the ???Boro??? this year! In district 11A Cornersville has it all, pitching, hitting and defense. The sister??™s act will be fun to watch this year and will cause a lot of problems for the rest of the district.

Now comes the very hard part of picking this district as well as district 12A but ???Birdie??? got me up before she left to go to work and told me to do something today so I thought and thought what could I do so I said to ???little Bubba??? lets pick some losers! So here goes!

District 11A Losers

Santa Fe-----need to stick to basketball! Great little town but not for softball

Richland----this team has been good before but not this year!

Huntland----this team could go either way, above Richland or below them.

Moore County---this may seen like a very strange pick to some folks but I did get a chance to see them last year and I have a little hope that they may be a bit better not good enough to take on Cornersville, again they do not play in tournaments!

Culleoka---they are playing in some tournaments but still not very good!

Columbia Academy-played well last weekend but will not be able to take beat Cornersville.

Cornersville---should be in the state again this year!

Until these teams start to play in tournaments they will NEVER GET BETTER! That is one thing that makes MrNoitAll mad is that these girls want to get better but some poor coaching or maybe I should say just drawing a check and do not want to do the extra to get better /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Mr. NoitAll,

I enjoy your posts as you seem to really know your softball in middle TN, and you do a good job at keeping things lively around here. However, I have to slightly disagree with you on your continuing to call out some of these schools that choose not to play in tournaments. First, I fully agree that if a team has some good talent and a shot at playing into mid or late May then they will certainly benefit from playing the quality of competion and really good pitching that you can find in most tourneys. However, some of the A and AA teams out in the rural areas are lucky just to have a few girls who play league ball. These teams are not going to magically get better by playing in some tournaments. What good does it do these teams to get their brains beat in playing in them? Sure they might pick up a thing or two, but at what cost?

If I woke up tomorrow as a coach at a rural school with no experienced softball players I don't think scheduling a bunch of tourneys is going to help my team. I would think you would be better served by coaching up as best you could what you have and encouraging your girls to play as high a level of summer ball as they could. Even more important if winning is what you are focusing on is to develop and encourage the younger girls in that community to play the game at a higher level. The pipeline is what its all about in baseball and softball. There is only so much coaching up that you can do at the high school level if the kids don't already have the skills necessary.

BTW, 11A has proved to be a dogfight the last several years between Richland, C'Ville, and CA. I would expect more of the same. I think both CA and Cornersville's recent state success has been aided by simply having to fight to even get out of the district, unlike most of the other top single A teams. Cornersville has the Cole sisters as seniors, but I wouldn't count out Richland, they have been very competitive for several years and I hear they have a flamethrower waiting in the wings in middle school. Also have heard that CA has picked up a couple of young transfer softball players from the area that may help in the future. Plus, their pitcher is tough as nails and should keep them in most every game.

Mr. NoitAll,

I enjoy your posts as you seem to really know your softball in middle TN, and you do a good job at keeping things lively around here. However, I have to slightly disagree with you on your continuing to call out some of these schools that choose not to play in tournaments. First, I fully agree that if a team has some good talent and a shot at playing into mid or late May then they will certainly benefit from playing the quality of competion and really good pitching that you can find in most tourneys. However, some of the A and AA teams out in the rural areas are lucky just to have a few girls who play league ball. These teams are not going to magically get better by playing in some tournaments. What good does it do these teams to get their brains beat in playing in them? Sure they might pick up a thing or two, but at what cost?

If I woke up tomorrow as a coach at a rural school with no experienced softball players I don't think scheduling a bunch of tourneys is going to help my team. I would think you would be better served by coaching up as best you could what you have and encouraging your girls to play as high a level of summer ball as they could. Even more important if winning is what you are focusing on is to develop and encourage the younger girls in that community to play the game at a higher level. The pipeline is what its all about in baseball and softball. There is only so much coaching up that you can do at the high school level if the kids don't already have the skills necessary.

BTW, 11A has proved to be a dogfight the last several years between Richland, C'Ville, and CA. I would expect more of the same. I think both CA and Cornersville's recent state success has been aided by simply having to fight to even get out of the district, unlike most of the other top single A teams. Cornersville has the Cole sisters as seniors, but I wouldn't count out Richland, they have been very competitive for several years and I hear they have a flamethrower waiting in the wings in middle school. Also have heard that CA has picked up a couple of young transfer softball players from the area that may help in the future. Plus, their pitcher is tough as nails and should keep them in most every game.

I do agree with what you said about getting your brains knock out, it does no one any good, the team that won or the team that got beaten. But I do know most of the coaches that put on these tourneys would work with teams about putting them in brackets where they would have a chance to win. But if me and "Birdie" did not have a pitcher I promise you that we would not be there either BUT I would start working with my youth leagues, rec teams and try to let them understand the importance of having kids play fast pitch instead of slow pitch or even pitching machine. I have been seeing lately to many coaches not playing the max number of games that TSSAA will allow and not doing anything until softball season starts. In small schools a lot of the kids have to play all sports to win, and that makes it tough on being able to go to the "boro".

Another thing that these schools could do would be put on their own tourney and invite teams with the same problems and hope they could get better. The tourney that Riverdale, Coffee County put on would not be for a team without a good pitcher or two. But I know that Coach Griffin will place teams in the bracket with other teams that are not as good as some of the other schools, also the MTSCA does the same thing. I think we need coaches who really care about the game and wants to see the game get better and better. But I do agree with some of your good points, but keeping it lively is up to my best friend in the world and that is "birdman"! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />