Region 2AA

HOOPSGURU

I haven't seen or heard anything about the officiating in this game, so I take it that it was pretty good? I wasnt able to make the game, but I know that they usually bring in the referees from another part of the state. Were they about the same or better or worse than the usuall guys up in this area? Just interested to know....

Busted!!! Fishin' for answers about your officiating? You and I both know you worked this game......Let's not get on here and try to have people "toot" your horn for you... Maybe you should go post a few more times on your ole' South Greene pages.......Just to let you know......."I know who you are".......BUSTED!!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busted!!! Fishin' for answers about your officiating? You and I both know you worked this game......Let's not get on here and try to have people "toot" your horn for you... Maybe you should go post a few more times on your ole' South Greene pages.......Just to let you know......."I know who you are".......BUSTED!!!!!!

That is pretty sad if in fact true....insecure officials probably need to find something else to do with their time.

knoxsports,

I actually agree with you on this one.

First time poster with an observation. If the officials truly feel the need to know...then they must be worried? I agree they should not be out on a "fishing expedition" as put earlier. Don't try to bump your egos by getting on here asking these questions. If we feel you are performing badly, trust in the fact we will let you know. LOL!!! From what I've seen thus far in the region, the officiating has been good. JMO. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Not really sure why you think I am a referee but you must have me confused with someone else. There is not enough money in the world for me to call a ball game!

Not really sure why you think I am a referee but you must have me confused with someone else. There is not enough money in the world for me to call a ball game!

Your post from 2/17/08 retrieved from this site...

While it shouldn't happen, it does. Did anyone on here see the Tennessee and Kentucky game? A kicked ball right in front of one of the officials was missed. It happens on ALL levels!

As an official, it is not like we miss these calls on purpose. We work hard for the kids and try to provide the best officiating that we can. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get every call right. Calls will be missed, it is inevitable no matter what the level...For the most part though, the officials do a great job.

Once again...BUSTED /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Your post from Feb 18, 2008...

Wildstang, I do have a good sense of humor lol...you almost have to if you are going to be a level-headed official! It is nice to be thanked for our work from time to time because lord knows we don't hear that very often!

I can't speak for the supervisors in West TN, considering I officiate in the East but I can say that this past season we had one of our supervisors in a gym somewhere every night that there was a varsity ballgame. That has been a big change in our association the past two years because for a while we didnt have the feedback from them that you are talking about them giving. I know that their goal at the beginning of the year was to watch every official in our association work at least one time, and at our last meeting they told us that they did indeed accomplish that goal. Most of the time they even went early and watched the b-team guys to try and help them get better.

I have seen ballgames all across the state this year and officiated a lot of the teams in upper east TN, and for the most part this year I have seen officials who are working hard and trying to get better with supervisors who want them to improve and be the best they can be right there with them helping them at the games. I know that there are some exceptions to that rule lol, but the future doesnt look to bad if everyone can keep working hard and trying to improve!!!

BUSTED...AGAIN /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Your post from Feb 2, 2008...

Not sure where you came up with this information bro...I have been officiating for quite a while now and have NEVER heard ANY coach whether it be JV or middle school or any level in school ball tell the refs how they want the game to be called, and even if they did try and tell them the officials don't answer to the coaches they answer to their assigning supervisors and association supervisors so they wouldnt listen to or cater to what the coaches want. I think maybe you are getting JV and middle school basketball confused with the instructional league at the parks and recreation department or the boys and girls club haha

AND AGAIN /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Game, Set, Match!

splainshornets...Do I need to dig further, or do you think he got the point? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Game, Set, Match!

How do you think Carter matches up with AE tonight? Can they match the intensity and quickness they will see for 32 minutes from the Roadrunners? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

splainshornets...Do I need to dig further, or do you think he got the point? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

utvols1.........which official were you? I will give you a grade. Were you the youngest, the short one or the other? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How do you think Carter matches up with AE tonight? Can they match the intensity and quickness they will see for 32 minutes from the Roadrunners? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

splainshornets...Do I need to dig further, or do you think he got the point?

Keep diggin' the entertainment value is great! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How do you think Carter matches up with AE tonight? Can they match the intensity and quickness they will see for 32 minutes from the Roadrunners?

Carter has played AE tough for a half each time being tied at half time on both games. If they can put it together and stay close they might have a chance at the end. Big Game Experience is with AE. Hopefully it'll be a good game though. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />