Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

With all of that talent home come coach A did not win it all the ear before last. I am telling you Riverdale is not the same. Most of those coaches are on staff at another school in the boro and have another ring now. Not that getting a coach from Riverdale is a bad thing its just not the end all be all of everything.

Everyone needs to keep an open mind with the new coach and give him 3 yrs for the process to work. 1 yr is not enough for even Saban to do things in. It is a process and at Cannon alot of it is changing the mind set. Sometimes you gotta trim the fat.

yaa but maybe we can pull a saban and the 2nd year of the coachs tenure have the #1 freshman class and go undefeated in the regular season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FLY 3268....I hope you know what your talking about....seems you are very in tune with freshman and sophomore's...I missed on your identity bad...your post indicated you were a woman ( or you talk like one ).

As for Dekalb, I believe his name is "Potete".... you can't stop him, the D-coach this year slowed him down....but you can't stop him. And a wing style offense most teams run won't put up the numbers to win......

some of you are talking about a spread offense...you can't install one starting now...too much of a change this close to the season...Results would be devastating to the program, unless you tell the senior class to plan on an undefeated season 0-10...that wouldn't be fair to the seniors.....Who would be your quarter back?? I haven't seen the arm yet that could run the spread....talking about a pro style gun slinger (haven't seen that kid yet have you).

QB last year wasn't allowed to throw much and from the practices I watched very little attention put on mechanics and reads for the passing game....I believe if someone started working with a QB as a freshman by the time he reached his juniorsenior year he could do it. If you went to the spread who is going to teach the QB his reads. I know what it takes to work a kid into a passing QB...why do you think so many programs have went to the wing style, you can get by with a great athlete QB but there is a lot less pressure on the QB in the wing style.... spread Qb's need to be on the field 45 to 60 minutes before the rest of the team and you need a stable full of recievers and one or two with sprintertrack speed... (# 6 would have been great in a spread)

Anyway keep dreaming,

I know exactly what i'm talking about, and patriot is that suppoused to offend me? Honestly it doesn't, it's hilarious. But I'll let you know what does offend me. You getting on this board and bashing everone who doesn't agree with you and putting a negative impact on Cannon county football. We're baseically in a rebuilding process and it doesn't hep when you have someone consantly smashing the teams dignity. That offends me and i'm sure everyone around the program! And for dekalb, Potete is a very very talented player but he can be stopped. No offense to melvin, in any way becasue he's a very talented player also but Everyone said you couldn't stop him his junior year, guess what his senior year he got stopped. And it's gunna happen this year. I give potete all the credit he gained but Cannon county made himlook 100x better than he really is. And I have nomore comments about the spread offense

I am no professor and I don't claim to be, in fact I still have a lot I want to learn and need to learn. All im saying is I have some ideas I would like to share and I don't want to discuss them on this board because I actually want these ideas to be considered and nothing on this board is taken seriously, which is fine because its mostly for fun anyway.

I tend to like your way of thinking, and not much on this board is taken seriously, but I would like to see a change in the Cannon County program for the good. The field is wide open right now to any new ideas that the program could use, and maybe yours could be considered. I hope Cannon County finds and well rounded coach that really wants the job and dont mind getting close to all them boys and staying for a while.

Im majoring in Sports Management at MTSU, in those classes we learn the process of hiring coaches and finding the right coaches that fit certain programs, policy making in sports, funding programs, promoting programs, increasing revenue and attendance, and mostly solve problems and make decisions that will benefeit whichever sport organization you work for. My primary interest is in high school athletics, thats mostly what we discuss is high school and college athletics problems (even problems at small programs like Cannon Co). I just think there some things that haven't been tried at Cannon Co. and some ways things could be improved and I would just like to give my ideas to the adminstration and help carry those ideas out with there approval.

Wildcat, good luck in all you classes and I hope you become very succesful in the sports field. And, I also hope you stay in Cannon county and submit your ideas to the adminstration and become a partof the adminstration here in Cannon County.Wecould really use someone like you.

If the spy got you pegged as he usually does YOU would make a real contribution to any style of offence , you had football talent way back then, and it is possible now!!!

You should know who I am, by my mom's post on here. I know I always saw you at the games 2 years ago. And thanks for the support pondexter

I tend to like your way of thinking, and not much on this board is taken seriously, but I would like to see a change in the Cannon County program for the good. The field is wide open right now to any new ideas that the program could use, and maybe yours could be considered. I hope Cannon County finds and well rounded coach that really wants the job and dont mind getting close to all them boys and staying for a while.

Thanks, I think most of us all want to see some change at Cannon Co. What we have to do now is stop talking about it, and start doing the things we talk about on these boards and that includes myself. This does not mean bash the program and blame the coach, principle, AD, etc.. it means insteads of being negative and finding all the problems with CCHS athletics look at the positives like boys and girls basketball and the strides they have made or soccer getting started here. We can talk about ways to fix the problems and improve things, but you do not have to bash people to do that.

Wildcat, good luck in all you classes and I hope you become very succesful in the sports field. And, I also hope you stay in Cannon county and submit your ideas to the adminstration and become a partof the adminstration here in Cannon County.Wecould really use someone like you.

Thanks Bees, I want to be here in Cannon Co. its where my passion is at. There is plenty of work that needs to be done here just to update us to what other teams have facilities wise. There are many other things that could be done and improved on as well. Being an athletic director is no easy task and Mr. Knox is to be commended for the job he does because he is the AD and assitant principle, and being an athletic director should be a full-time job. We have many positives going on in Cannon Co. athletics interset in boys basketball is way up and the girls are coming off an excellent 20 win season, so not all is negative here. Football will get better when the new coach is hired, and will pick momentum back up and hopefully go to new heights. I just wish all the people on here supported every sport like they do football, myself included. It's something we all can improve on.

Thanks, I think most of us all want to see some change at Cannon Co. What we have to do now is stop talking about it, and start doing the things we talk about on these boards and that includes myself. This does not mean bash the program and blame the coach, principle, AD, etc.. it means insteads of being negative and finding all the problems with CCHS athletics look at the positives like boys and girls basketball and the strides they have made or soccer getting started here. We can talk about ways to fix the problems and improve things, but you do not have to bash people to do that.

I agree. Instead of all of us on here arguing, we need to find a way to make a solution. Because the kids on the team read this stuff and all the negativity is not what needs to be seen. Because that carries over to the weight room, practice, games, and etc. It needs to stop for the program to go in the right direction. No coach is going to want to walk into a drama filled fieldhouse. Let it stop and just talk football. Lets get a coach in here, support him like we do basketball, and believe in his system. Like it or not. HE'S THE COACH. If he thought it wouldnt work, he would not run it. Spring practice is right around the corner. Im excited to get a new coach in here and see what the boys can do. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks Bees, I want to be here in Cannon Co. its where my passion is at. There is plenty of work that needs to be done here just to update us to what other teams have facilities wise. There are many other things that could be done and improved on as well. Being an athletic director is no easy task and Mr. Knox is to be commended for the job he does because he is the AD and assitant principle, and being an athletic director should be a full-time job. We have many positives going on in Cannon Co. athletics interset in boys basketball is way up and the girls are coming off an excellent 20 win season, so not all is negative here. Football will get better when the new coach is hired, and will pick momentum back up and hopefully go to new heights. I just wish all the people on here supported every sport like they do football, myself included. It's something we all can improve on.

I agree completely because all the program talks about is how they are going to do something, or how something is going to change in the future. Everyone in charge needs to step up and start putting things into action. Wild cat i do agree that a.d. Knox has a very complicated job with all of the sports. Cannon County is stepping up in every sports area with the new programs being fired up this year.Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll have alot of support from the people behind the program if you step up and make things happen.

Thank you.

Word on the street is Bartsch didn't get buy in from the team due to the previous coach constantly calling the seniors on the team... not all the seniors but a select few, which created to many issues from the beginning. They didn't buy into it due to lack or maturity...didn't like the discipline and team concept...previous year it was all on one players shoulder's. Bartsch tried to instill win as a team play as a team..no one got special treatment...some of the seniors couldn't handle the change...period....A coach is not there to be there best friend, just like you can;t be your kids best friend... you have to be a parent and set standard in which a young adult needs to live too....i think the former coach who went on to SC tried to be a friend and let too much slide..Bartsch was strict..young kids aren't used to that since they are pampered most of there lives...period.

Barger did a great job when he was here, and not one player disrespected him in any way because he was so strict on the boys. He actually earned his respect. Maybe the ball players didn't like to hear a smart remark every time they talked to the amazing "Andrew Bartsch" when they wanted to be serious. I highly doubt you were in the weight room at any time to know him, and every players reaction to him as a coach. You have to be respected as a head coach and get along with the boys, because it isn't a dictatorship, I have always thought that everyone should work together. Bartsch didn't care about the boys. If he was so great, why did barger have to build the program that he just jumped in on and supposedly did good at?

Word on the street is Bartsch didn't get buy in from the team due to the previous coach constantly calling the seniors on the team... not all the seniors but a select few, which created to many issues from the beginning. They didn't buy into it due to lack or maturity...didn't like the discipline and team concept...previous year it was all on one players shoulder's. Bartsch tried to instill win as a team play as a team..no one got special treatment...some of the seniors couldn't handle the change...period....A coach is not there to be there best friend, just like you can;t be your kids best friend... you have to be a parent and set standard in which a young adult needs to live too....i think the former coach who went on to SC tried to be a friend and let too much slide..Bartsch was strict..young kids aren't used to that since they are pampered most of there lives...period.

Well Spy if you knew half as much as you thought, you would know that had nothing to do with it. I seen it first hand. There every single day. O and who recommended Bartsch? I do believe it was your buddy barger! He did nothing but try and help the seniors and supported bartsch. He was the one who kept half the seniors around, he was the one telling them to stick it out because it would get better. I know this. I heard it firsthand. The boys grew close to him and trusted him, and could talk to him. Get over it.