Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

The Titans should be looking at the boy. Wait, my bad, BOYS. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Was there not a story somewhere of the guy being timed at a 4.2 or 4.3 until he went to a combine and got timed a 4.5. They went back to where he was from and measured the 40 again and it turns out he was running a 38. Tell the 4.4 Lions to remeasure! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I gotta back things up alittle here not so much bashing....

4.4 was not common and yes it was not electronic time it was on the stop watch but, there have been alot of fast kids that cant actually play football because they didnt know how.

4.6 is fast but doesnt seem all that uncommon its just the kids that ran it were not that big. So no speed does not make you a D1 or Titan all on its on. Be serious...

Cannon does have the talent and a good coach who can put in the time and deal with a limited budget could have a lot of fun at Cannon.

Guest Termite

Smith Co. ,Blount Co. , Cannon Co. as far as football tradition Smith isn't any closer than Cannon on that pedestal. Yes in our our predomitatly weak region Smith has dominated in recent years but as I stated before thats about it , if anyone in Smith Co. should be blowing there horn that would be Gordonsville they do have a state championship under their belt . OWL it would probably be benificial in we both checked out the threads they have going if we were wanting so REAL advice!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If your opinion is that Smith Co. has dominated a weak region....exactly what does that say about Cannon Co.,

a team that finished what....5th or 6th every year in the region ?? Thank God for Jackson Co. right??

So, Mr pondexter, if your at or near the bottom of a weak region..looking up.... Smith Co. may not be on a pedestal.....but even if they are set on a cinder block...they higher than Cannon Co.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That's right...that other school in Smith Co. does have a gold ball.....Let's see......That other school in Cannon Co. has.............wait a minute There is only ONE school in Cannon Co.... that's why they are so dominating...right??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your right, you need to be checking somewhere for advice..........

Ok I gotta back things up alittle here not so much bashing....

4.4 was not common and yes it was not electronic time it was on the stop watch but, there have been alot of fast kids that cant actually play football because they didnt know how.

4.6 is fast but doesnt seem all that uncommon its just the kids that ran it were not that big. So no speed does not make you a D1 or Titan all on its on. Be serious...

Cannon does have the talent and a good coach who can put in the time and deal with a limited budget could have a lot of fun at Cannon.

Cannon may have some 4.4 guys in the halls...but I doubt it. I know I haven't seen any 4.4 guys on the field at CC...ever. Young was the closest...but there's no way he ran a legitimate 4.4. That's not to say he wasn't a very good player. He was.

For the ones that don't know the head coaching position will be announced at the Spring Lift-A-Thon on April the 4th. I also hear, the guy from Clarskville Northwest maybe be the guy. Any thoughts or opinions? I know it's been a mistake for Cannon County to fire coach bartsch so late, but is it a even bigger misake to wait to this certain date to announce it there?

For the ones that don't know the head coaching position will be announced at the Spring Lift-A-Thon on April the 4th. I also hear, the guy from Clarskville Northwest maybe be the guy. Any thoughts or opinions? I know it's been a mistake for Cannon County to fire coach bartsch so late, but is it a even bigger misake to wait to this certain date to announce it there?

The Clarksville Northwest coach is the exact opposite of a coach that comes from a winning program. He went 2-8 at Northwest last year. This is not the type of person that Cannon Co. needs. We need someone who will change the culture here, not bring more losing and bad tradition. How good are your sources?

The current coach at Northwest would be a great hire.He has coached the team almost by his self for the last two years.He was promised coaches, but didn't get them.He took over a team that was in bad shape.I know from the fact that my sons played against Northwest .He is sharp, and a good man from what I know about him.He could of had the Springfield job,until the Hillsboro coach came in the picture.Being a Murfreesboro Oakland grad, I know a little about Cannon County football.You need someone who can get along with people.They don't think they are bigger than the program.

Trying to get hired as a assistant???? We need a leader not someone to get along with people...As a coach you can't win friends and be everyone's friend... You have to show people respect and you will be shown respect back in most situations...Northwest at 2-8 is not what we need.... We need someone from a championship program....

Just because someone is part of a "championship program" does mean they are going to win anywhere they go. That is like someone labeling a kid as a "problem child". You have to form your own opinion of that child. Not all assistants are ready to run their own program. Just ask Franklin County about that, they got an assistant from a championship program and I think it got them less than 10 wins in 3 years. And he was one of the top assistants on that staff but it didn't work as a head coach. If you get a big school assistant don't look to keep him for very long. Coaching in 3A and 6A are two totally different worlds. Big school assistants are used to coaching one position on one side of the ball as opposed to coaching multiple positions on both sides. Plus trying to find 11 out of 30 is much different than finding 22 out of 100. The Northwest coach would be a good fit for you because he is used to not having a large staff to work with. He is fighting a no win situation at Northeast so his record there shouldn't matter.

Just because someone is part of a "championship program" does mean they are going to win anywhere they go. That is like someone labeling a kid as a "problem child". You have to form your own opinion of that child. Not all assistants are ready to run their own program. Just ask Franklin County about that, they got an assistant from a championship program and I think it got them less than 10 wins in 3 years. And he was one of the top assistants on that staff but it didn't work as a head coach. If you get a big school assistant don't look to keep him for very long. Coaching in 3A and 6A are two totally different worlds. Big school assistants are used to coaching one position on one side of the ball as opposed to coaching multiple positions on both sides. Plus trying to find 11 out of 30 is much different than finding 22 out of 100. The Northwest coach would be a good fit for you because he is used to not having a large staff to work with. He is fighting a no win situation at Northeast so his record there shouldn't matter.

I don't disagree that there will be struggles. Anytime there is change some people are not going to like it, and it does not matter if Cannon Co's next coach goes 10-0 there are going to be people who complain and people who do not like the way that coach does things, that is just the nature of coaching any sport. I agree 100% about not all assistants not being ready, but I will take an assistant from a well-organized and well-ran program and winning program over a non-successful head coach with experience any day. What Cannon Co. needs is someone who will bring the 6A mindset to a 3A school like Cannon Co. Someone from a successful program who has seen what type of motivation works, and someone who has worked under and been taught under successful coaches. Someone who has been an assistant at a successful program has seen what type of fundraising works, and what type of philosophy works to get players to buy in. I will support whomever the administration hires, but I sure hope they take there time and not just hire someone because they have head-coaching experience. Football and most of the other sports at CCHS have a lot of work to be done and it's important we make the right hire, and bring someone who will progress the program in all facets.

The Clarksville Northwest coach is the exact opposite of a coach that comes from a winning program. He went 2-8 at Northwest last year. This is not the type of person that Cannon Co. needs. We need someone who will change the culture here, not bring more losing and bad tradition. How good are your sources?

My direct sources are the AD, Tim Know and the man closest to the program, Griswold. I recently spoke with him and he said he knows a couple of people that have been interviewed and that many of them he wasn't presented the chance to speak with him. He also said the guy from Clarksville Northwest was interviewd and he had the chance to speak with him. Griswold said that when he was talking to him, it just seemed like he knew football. He knew what he was talking about, just someone who you wanted to be around. He knew he had a plan and Griswold said he he was turned over as head coach, cannon couny could be very succesful under him