Cannon Co. Football

wildcat5

Coaches make players is the way it should be stated, and yes there are good coaches on winning teams. And I'm not saying good coaches can't come from non-winning programs.

There is more to coaching than power point presentations and DVD's in an interview (these can be created by professionals) to make a coach look good. marketing is about numbers, i can show you a business plan that promises milliions...but if I don't have the data to back it up (actual sells) then it's just a marketing pitch....apparently in the world of academia charts and DVD's impress some people. Numbers and progress is the world i live in. Just like Bartsch (he had a great presentation tha's what got him the job) we've hired a guy who puts up interesting marketing scheme's.

You have some very good points, but my statement about good players make good coaches. Is true to some extent, I mean come on lets think of a great position coach, ok if he has a great a player there then it can make him an even greater coach. If he does not have a great player, well he can turn a bad player into a decent player, an average player into a good player, and a good player into a great player. I mean look at this way, I heard Mike Tomlin speak this weekend, you know the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers head coach. He said its not about x's and o's, which I believe, and preaches fundamentals over scheme. If you can do the fundamentals properly you can win games, and with great players you can win championships.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy had players at Clarksville Northwest, I'm sure more than you can draw from Cannon County. first he is Knute Rockne now he has transformed to Dan Shula, this guy must be good.....

For the applicant from Alcoa, (the one the coach Shriek beat out) If you have ties to Clinton County you will know who we are talking about, i believe he was at Alcoa a few years ago...Oh by the way I think clinton has been winning more than 3 in two years....

I went to college at Austin Peay, trust me he didn't have much at all there. There were a few when I was freshman and sophomore, but that was it.

You are correct sc7. I heard every word. I was impressed by UT's defensive staff. I liked their energy. I hope CC does well. I know the kids read these boards an I will leave them with this message: you will get out of it what you put in it. Work hard, play fundamentally sound, and protect your TEAM and you will succeed!

I would first like to say one thing; I wish the players and new coach the best of luck.

Encouragement - to inspire others with hope, courage, confidence.

Confidence at anything you do in life - especially playing football - comes first from having the knowledge that you have done everything possible to prepare yourself for the season.

This positive winning attitude comes with hours of practice and study time away from the field.

Focusing on solutions, rather than mistakes, on the future, rather than the past, will enhance your self-image, enabling you to become more of who you desire to be.

Go Lions!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You know how it is spy, i'm just wacthing out for my boy TRENCHS. And I agree, our season is riding on what he has done and what he's still doing. I know for sure the boys are in shape and won't be running out of gas in the 4th quater this year.

Bees, there are sometimes when you cant stick up for people all the time. I appreciate all Trenches does and is doing, but he does not need to accuse me of bashing Coach Shrenk's character becasue I did not do that and I will not ever do that. I simply asked the question with Coach Shrenk's record what made the top choice for the job that is all I want to know. I support every sport at CCHS and I have plans and goals for the athletics there and I would love to share them with the administration because theats where the athletics start is the administration, but I will share them with anyone who will listen. I will be at the games on Friday night's and continue to serve CCHS athletics, but some of the things we do here have to change and that does not mean firing people or threatening people that is not how change is brought. It means developing a winning culture and a set of core values that the athletic department sets its standards to and then only hire people who meet and embrace those core values and who want to continue building a winning culture.

Bees, there are sometimes when you cant stick up for people all the time. I appreciate all Trenches does and is doing, but he does not need to accuse me of bashing Coach Shrenk's character becasue I did not do that and I will not ever do that. I simply asked the question with Coach Shrenk's record what made the top choice for the job that is all I want to know. I support every sport at CCHS and I have plans and goals for the athletics there and I would love to share them with the administration because theats where the athletics start is the administration, but I will share them with anyone who will listen. I will be at the games on Friday night's and continue to serve CCHS athletics, but some of the things we do here have to change and that does not mean firing people or threatening people that is not how change is brought. It means developing a winning culture and a set of core values that the athletic department sets its standards to and then only hire people who meet and embrace those core values and who want to continue building a winning culture.

First off, I missed most of you at the meeting tonight. It went great, Coach Shrenk and his wife are very nice people and most importantly this guy wants to win. I think it's very possible and you'll be glad to hear wildcat, that he runs the spread. He said last year the rushing and passing yards were split at I believe in the 600's so it seems like a balanced offense. Now wildcat, this is a time no matter what, i'm sticking up for TRENCHES, he's single handly had the biggest positive impact in my life in the last year and a half. A coach has to care, and i've never seen anyone care more about their players than him. And wildcat you know since I been posting, I've always been behind your ideas, your very knowledgeable and I think you'll fit in with the adminstration quite well. I honestly don't think TRENCHS was accusing you of anything, all that really matters now that Coach Shrenk is our offical head coach, and nobody on this board should be arguging. I agree things have to change drasticly for a winning program, and I think Coach Shrenk can fullfil the expectations. Again no matter how this season goes, he deserves another year, unfournately Andrew Bartsch didn't get that oppurinty. the only way to have a winning culture is to stay behind the coach and players.

I would first like to say one thing; I wish the players and new coach the best of luck.

Encouragement - to inspire others with hope, courage, confidence.

Confidence at anything you do in life - especially playing football - comes first from having the knowledge that you have done everything possible to prepare yourself for the season.

This positive winning attitude comes with hours of practice and study time away from the field.

Focusing on solutions, rather than mistakes, on the future, rather than the past, will enhance your self-image, enabling you to become more of who you desire to be.

Go Lions!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Well stated, the attitude of a well respected person. I believe I was you at the meeting tonight, How do you feel about Coach Shrenk?

Word around the School and Field House is that the Defensive Cordinator could be back next year. Coach Shrenk, Coach Griswold, Coach Patterson, and Coach Larson are already apart of the staff. But tonight Coach Shrenk stated that he wanted more staff members, that anyone that's looking out for our community and the boys and has the time should get more involved. Coach Bernie loves them kids and needs to be apart of that staff, look at our schedule, alot of the teams we play can light up the score board, so we need a defense that can score points and hold there own. Everyone knows defenses wins championships. But What people don't know the Defensive Cordinator was never fired by Bartsch! And not bashing Mrs. Parsley but he's sent her multiple letters explaning he was never fired and she's never onced responded. I recently spoke with Bernie and he said if she just said that she doesn't want him here he'll be fine with that. Now the word is that Mrs. Parsley said it's up to coach Shrenk if Coach bernie can come back.

Well stated, the attitude of a well respected person. I believe I was you at the meeting tonight, How do you feel about Coach Shrenk?

My first impressions with Coach Shrenk was very good.He asked if any one had any questions and he would answer them .Only a few questions where asked .It is all up to the players to make a go of this it will be hard work and a lot of Dedication from players and parents should encouarge there children to give it there all .Support should not stop when things are not good .Support is thru the good ,the bad,and the ugly.We all should rally around the new coach and players and show our support.I for one will do all I can to help .

Go Lions!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i agree about the fundamentals, you can take an average players and work with him on reads and fundamentals of what to do once you identify the correct read....Take the guy who understands the reads and put him against a guy who hasn't a clue both being physically the same and the guy who understands how to make the correct block or unerstand how to get off of the guy blocking him and the player with better fundamentals is going to win...Put him up agianst a pure athlete and it's a little bit different. In Cannon County you only have one or two pure athletes at most the rest are going to have to work harder increasing strenght and conditioning, then work on fundamentals of what his job is...period. but a good coach can increase a players knowledge of how to play his position, understand what he is to look for when watching film and work to make him a better palyer. schemes are just that schemes...a good coach will address what's happening at half time or on the sidelines and give his team the info needed to adjust to the opponents scheme's...Like you said fundamentals and execution of those are key components to winning or at least having the opprotunity to win....

I agree completely with what you said...I know exactly what you are talking about. I mean I deal with that kind of issue everyday. Glad we are finally on the same page...

First off, I missed most of you at the meeting tonight. It went great, Coach Shrenk and his wife are very nice people and most importantly this guy wants to win. I think it's very possible and you'll be glad to hear wildcat, that he runs the spread. He said last year the rushing and passing yards were split at I believe in the 600's so it seems like a balanced offense. Now wildcat, this is a time no matter what, i'm sticking up for TRENCHES, he's single handly had the biggest positive impact in my life in the last year and a half. A coach has to care, and i've never seen anyone care more about their players than him. And wildcat you know since I been posting, I've always been behind your ideas, your very knowledgeable and I think you'll fit in with the adminstration quite well. I honestly don't think TRENCHS was accusing you of anything, all that really matters now that Coach Shrenk is our offical head coach, and nobody on this board should be arguging. I agree things have to change drasticly for a winning program, and I think Coach Shrenk can fullfil the expectations. Again no matter how this season goes, he deserves another year, unfournately Andrew Bartsch didn't get that oppurinty. the only way to have a winning culture is to stay behind the coach and players.

As I said Trenches has done a great job keeping the program, going and I believe he and I desire the same thing, but we simply had a difference of opinion. As far as Coach Schrenk im glad he is nice and I hope he does great things here, every coach wants to win but they have to prove it not just talk it. A very well-thought of teacher and and the best person you will ever meet was let go so Schrenk could come here so I hope the administration believes this guy is the absolute best candidate for the job. I am behing coach Schrenk , but due to his record I feel he must prove that he has more than just good interview skills. A coach must prove himself on the field not the meeting room. You are correct to have a winning culture you must have stability and support of your coaches, but a to even start the process of having a winning culture you must make the right hires and for the program's sake I hope the administration got this one right. That being said I wish the coach nothing but the best and I will be supporting the program in any function I can.