Coach of the year in 1A Basketball

MTiger

who the old man???

Yall beat them by 26pts so they got to be very weak!!!! LC only beat them by 5 so they got to be weak!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

In district rivalries you can throw scores out the window, especially in this district...Humboldt played UC tough consistently all last year but could never beat them...Manassas blew out Humboldt...Then UC beat Manassas...See, you can't just go by the scores..

But when Humboldt does route one of these teams, it's credit to Humboldt...Doesn't mean LC or UC is a cupcake...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manassas is #1 Temple is #2 in 1A this season!!!

LC??? how do they compare to Manassas athletically??? its not even CLOSE!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They compare a lot better than Temple...

Temple #2 in 1A? That's funny...Just in the past month they've lost to Grace twice...Might lose to CSAS in their next game and if that happens they're going home...Jeremy Sexton can ball but one guy aint going to get it done...Not this year..To be honest, I don't think they could beat Culleoka..

I see where you might have an argument for Manassas being #1 in 1A but anyone other than Humboldt at #2 is a JOKE...

They compare a lot better than Temple...

Temple #2 in 1A? That's funny...Just in the past month they've lost to Grace twice...Might lose to CSAS in their next game and if that happens they're going home...Jeremy Sexton can ball but one guy aint going to get it done...Not this year..To be honest, I don't think they could beat Culleoka..

I see where you might have an argument for Manassas being #1 in 1A but anyone other than Humboldt at #2 is a JOKE...

Temple almost beat UC last year so how can it be a Joke!! the entire team returned!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Temple almost beat UC last year so how can it be a Joke!! the entire team returned!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Almost would be the key word in that statement...No point in arguing about it...We will find out shortly who the best teams in 1A are..

U heard the old saying almost don't even count in horse shoes!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Guest snakedriver

You know that comparing scores and stats is never an accurate way to gauge how well one team will play against the other.......especially in high school sports where you've got 15-18 yr old kids out there. There's a mental and emotional aspect that you must factor in but you can't because you don't know if a team is mentally prepared until the game is played...... anywho.....the trash talks still fun and the 'boro should be a blast this year! I hope everyone on CoachT will be there!..............as far as this thread goes (I actually forgot what it was about) COACH THOMAS BOYKIN! He's the man in 09.

I am a fellow with a pretty level head but all you people in Memphis. You talk about HBT playing cupcakes we all know Manassas has a good team. I'll be the first to tell u that i know your non district schedule is tougher than HBT no doubt! But folks the regular season is over so get over it! Manassas district schedule is a joke no stronger than HBt not as strong! Manassas plays Adamsville HBT plays UC, HBT whether u want to admit it or not has a much tougher road to the Boro! I suppopse u think that UC is also a power puff! HBT will have to get by UC and LC just to get to be at home for the substate! If u win it all i will be the first to say great job!! Just remember this last year Mannassas were schooled by team with a player no more than 6'2! How soon we forget HBT fans better also realize Uc is a very well coached and dangerous team! MY friend meaning for disrespect but Adamsville is a cc don't say anything else about cupcakes! If HBT gets beat they just get beat by defending State Champs! Remember Manassas is not in the Championship yet! Nor is HBT it's win or go home good luck to all! You folks better hope Bufford don't show up he might be awful mad!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Well somebody needs to show up to help Adamsville

Guest snakedriver

Well somebody needs to show up to help Adamsville

Isn't Adamsville the home of "Walking Tall" Buford Pusser? Those folks might be less than cordial if ya know what I mean?! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Buford shows up with that big stick..........LOOK OUT!!

I think to call this guy a "hater" would be the understatement of the decade...What's your beef with the 'Boldt? I promise you Hampton would lose by about 30 if not more...Humboldt has played a weak schedule but a lot of that isn't their fault...18 district games and they can only play 24 games + 2 HOF games...Not a lot of room to maneuver scheduling wise..Not as much room as say Manassas, who plays in a weak district that is much smaller than 14A, freeing up their schedule to play teams like Craigmont, ECS, etc..

Humboldt also can't help that 14A is just a little down this year...Humboldt and LC are top 5 teams in 1A and Union City is a top ten team in 1A, but the rest of the teams are pretty average...Again, not HBT's fault...

This guy is amusing...If I were you I'd hope Humboldt doesn't see Hampton in the state tourney...Flashbacks of Humboldt - Cosby come to mind

no you better hope the "Boldt" doesnt see hampton in a few years.

• 3 weeks later...

Coach Gerald Harris from Manassas High School in Memphis had only one player returning from the starting five and the next two off of the bench. So you are looking at losing your top seven players off your team. This is a rebuilding year for his team and look what he have done this year. Rank #2 in the State in Single A, 22-2 (10-0) and projected to win it all this year. What other coach can you say have done a better job? Great Job! Give credit were it is due. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I said this in the begining of the thread now I'm saying it again. Coach Gerald Harris is the Coach of the Year in 1A. I tried to tell eveyone that now you see for yourself.