Best team in Knoxville area

IAAK

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got some bad news for Seymour regarding the Bearden scrimmage on Friday. They're going to be without two key starters, one to a chorus trip and one on a church trip. They'll likely be losing a senior that's a backup as well, that comes in a plays quality minutes. It disappoints me because I wanted to see both teams at full strength. Either way I'll be there with bells on lol. I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything else about the senior.

Just got some bad news for Seymour regarding the Bearden scrimmage on Friday. They're going to be without two key starters, one to a chorus trip and one on a church trip. They'll likely be losing a senior that's a backup as well, that comes in a plays quality minutes. It disappoints me because I wanted to see both teams at full strength. Either way I'll be there with bells on lol. I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything else about the senior.

ouch just confirmed one senior back-up ruled ineligible (should be a starter) out for the season due to grades. Two starters will be out against bearden. i guess a good time to see what is behind them coach. I surely dont see bearden taking it easy on them because of it. What are scrimmages for though to learn about your team before it counts. i remember Catholic last year had key players out during a tournament ealry in the season and i am sure later on down the road that was a key for the coach to see what his players where capable of

Cnpitbull you have a kid on the team? An old player? Is this Carlos? I see you are new on here and are getting good insight better than mine sometimes which is confusing?

So are you already saying that Seymour is going to lose? Sorry if I sound abrasive, but two players really shouldn't determine an outcome--especially since so many people have gotten on here and boasted on how exceptional Seymour is this year. Players being out for various reasons is a part of the game, and I am sure Bearden is missing a few key players due to injury/choir practice/whatever as well.

Cnpitbull you have a kid on the team? An old player? Is this Carlos? I see you are new on here and are getting good insight better than mine sometimes which is confusing?

I'm a former player. I graduated in 2000, and I grew up with Bobby and Cory. I think your insight far outweighs any I may have. I truly enjoy reading your thoughts on the district, and I look forward to contributing more of my own as I become re-acquainted with area soccer. I've been out of the mix, if you will, for a while but have always loved the game and enjoy discussing high school athletics, especially when two of my best friends are involved.

So are you already saying that Seymour is going to lose? Sorry if I sound abrasive, but two players really shouldn't determine an outcome--especially since so many people have gotten on here and boasted on how exceptional Seymour is this year. Players being out for various reasons is a part of the game, and I am sure Bearden is missing a few key players due to injury/choir practice/whatever as well.

No, not at all. I'm simply stating that it's unfortunate that both teams won't be full strength lol. You've got to understand a few things: as I'm sure is the case with most on this board, I live for competition. I also played at a time when Bearden seemed untouchable, especially for a rural school like Seymour. I honestly feel like Seymour has a chance at winning, it's just not as likely losing two key players and a senior role player. You'd be kidding yourself if you thought that Seymour has the kind of depth that a Bearden has and that these missing players should be irrelevant. I realize that Bearden might be missing key players as well. I can't speak for them. I was just relaying information that I know to be accurate as a point of discussion. If the shoe was on the other foot and a Bearden fan posted on here saying they would not be at full strength I would be equally disappointed. As bad as I want to see my team win, I want both teams to be of equal footing. As I stated earlier, I'll be there either way supporting my boys and hope you do the same.

All this talk about Seymour blows my mind...I don't see how they can lose Carlos, Spencer, their keeper and a few other starters and be mentioned as a top five contestant this year. The Oak Ridge score was impressive, but of course scrimmages don't say it all. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see teams other than bearden, farragut, CAK, and the Catholic in the top 5. Alcoa has a very well coached and experienced team and I think that will help them; Seymour on the other hand... only a couple seniors (correct me if im wrong)??? All I am saying is that if they want a top 5 spot, then they have prove it to Bearden (whether they are missing a couple players or not) and throughout their season; however, I believe it is way too early to make any predictions. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

All this talk about Seymour blows my mind...I don't see how they can lose Carlos, Spencer, their keeper and a few other starters and be mentioned as a top five contestant this year. The Oak Ridge score was impressive, but of course scrimmages don't say it all. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see teams other than bearden, farragut, CAK, and the Catholic in the top 5. Alcoa has a very well coached and experienced team and I think that will help them; Seymour on the other hand... only a couple seniors (correct me if im wrong)??? All I am saying is that if they want a top 5 spot, then they have prove it to Bearden (whether they are missing a couple players or not) and throughout their season; however, I believe it is way too early to make any predictions. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Where has anyone said seymour deserves a top 5 spot anywhere besides the district

(which is almost a given)

Seymour has 11 juniors though they are not seniors the core of them varsity and have played since freshman year

No one in the district is playing as tough a pre-season schedule....

(which means nothing i know)

but if not Seymour in the district who? And don't say Berean in this argument because they have proved nothing period except to play in close games and lose. Don is doing good things out there. Mike Mcdonald can help. but it must be proved on the field. in the district we all reside Alcoa, Carter, Gibbs ( of old), and Seymour have proved it on the field no one else has done so. Soon enough Berean could i just dont think that time is now unless they have just gotten in a whole bunch of soccer players which no one has said. 2 kids one at milligan and a freshman is all you all speak of the other teams have more depth on the bench than Berean had on the field.

One thing for sure though the Berean kids play with everything they had for 80 minutes and that is what you love to see and all you can ask for

And yes the losses of Carlos and Spenser and the Keeper are felt. Soccer is the ultimate team game you and now you must figure out how to stop them without those guys.

Everyone is judging on the outcome of these scrimmages, yet they are just that. Scrimmages. While they can give somewhat of a barometer of a team, I wouldn't use it to measure too closely. I think a good coach will use it to gain some knowledge about his team. Finalize line ups. Give each keeper a chance to prove themselves. Teams, of course, will play for the win, but to write someone off or to predict championship status at this point can be pretty fruitless. WAY too much time and soccer to go.

Seymour has done a great job in developing their program, and I give them high points for a TOUGH pre-season schedule. It will benefit them in the long run, even if they lose some of them. Bearden could be a very interesting game.