White Station loses to Central 53-39

philtenn

There is the problem in not attending.

I would think that the host district would play the later game at all locations across the state.

i.e. if districts 1AAA and 2AAA were playing at a 1AAA location then the 1AAA # 1 seed would play the late game..

Who represented White Station at the meeting was it the Boys coach or the Athletic Director

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday's 5AA games time as printed on the TSSAA site and the bracket on Coach T were wrong. The Tennessean however did have the correct times. Same for the boys tonight.

The times on TSSAA website were also wrong for the Clarksville High/Smyrna girls game last night as well. Although the coach knew what time the game actually started and so the Clarksville High girls were there on time but if you just went by the TSSAA website then you would have missed the game.

It all falls back on the coach and AD mainly the coach to know when you are going to play.

The game time for the Memphis Central / White Station game was always scheduled for 6:00pm. If you look at the TSSAA and jim314 brackets they are list by districts in order. District 15AAA is hosting the Region 8AAA Championship and they wanted the District 15AAA #1 seed to play the 7:30 game.

Philtenn will you please share with us in more detail about your statement and who are Central's Middle Tennessee Fans. "It really irritates me, though, when I saw Central's Middle Tennessee fans already at the game and I'm getting there at the end of the 1st quarter. Even Middle Tennessee knew before we did."

It was a tongue-in-cheek remark because Memphis Central has a big-time connection to Middle TN. Their top seniors played for the Tennessee Flight organization out of Shelbyville. One of the assistants on Central's bench works here but his home has been in Shelbyville where his daughter plays for Shelbyville High (I wondered what he would do if Central had to play Shelbyville but Shelbyville apparently is out) and, I believe, Coach Bray played for Shelbyville or some Middle Tennessee high school when she was that age. On top of that, Matt Insell, who has been a Shelbyville AAU girls basketball fixture for years was at the game. His dad, Rick Insell, is head coach at Middle Tennessee State and to bring it full circle Jamila Ajanaku, Central's great post, just signed to play ball for them next year.