Summertown Eagles

LiLolme

Rumors were you didn't stand a chance against Culleoka,They were a re-incarnation of the Globetrotters.I guess you didn't listen to those rumors!Championship game vs. Collinwood should be another classic!

haha, that globetrotter comment was pretty funny....somebody from Culleoka said that neither Summertown or

collinwood could score more than 30 points against them....I havent seen him around here much lately

I wasn't anywhere near this game (Culleoka vs Summertown) and I haven't been to a high school basketball game since Kirk Haston laced 'em up for Perry County, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that Summertown won the game by making swing-passes around the perimeter, along with an inside-out game that kept Culleoka chasing the ball instead of guarding the players.

Somebody let me know if i am right or wrong.

I wasn't anywhere near this game (Culleoka vs Summertown) and I haven't been to a high school basketball game since Kirk Haston laced 'em up for Perry County, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that Summertown won the game by making swing-passes around the perimeter, along with an inside-out game that kept Culleoka chasing the ball instead of guarding the players.

Somebody let me know if i am right or wrong.

Not saying stown didn't have good ball movement, but offensively, it was the stown guards penetrating into the lane and dishing to the post for wide-open lay-ups that was the difference in the game. culleoka's touted defense couldn't contain the s'town guards. also, s'town forced several turnovers in the full court man-to-man especially just before the half that gave them a 13 point lead goin into the locker room. lot of other factors but these were a couple.

Not saying stown didn't have good ball movement, but offensively, it was the stown guards penetrating into the lane and dishing to the post for wide-open lay-ups that was the difference in the game. culleoka's touted defense couldn't contain the s'town guards. also, s'town forced several turnovers in the full court man-to-man especially just before the half that gave them a 13 point lead goin into the locker room. lot of other factors but these were a couple.

The reason I said that is because I witnessed many Perry County games during the Haston era when Slatten was the coach and lack of discipline on defense was their weakest trait. I remember Summertown passing the ball around the horn and watching the over-pursuing defense of Perry County shift with the ball in a tight 2-3, just like they were being held together by some unseen magnetic force, leaving Summertown's exceptional perimeter shooters wide open. Summertown was a good team, but Slatten's defense kept them in the game more than they should have been. Also, most teams that are good at executing the full court press have quite a bit of difficulty breaking the press, themselves. Usually making the mistake of thinking they can dribble through it. Basic fundamentals that should be covered in October.